Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreekAngel

[P4U2] Yosuke Speculations and Discussion

So now that P4A2 has been announced with Junpei and Yukari guest staring in it, how is our good buddy Yosuke going to fare in terms of what buffs or nerfs he may receive in the near future.

#keepglideplz

--------------------------

Yosuke changes in P4A2:

Yosuke's new command list

Loketest #2

*Note: I'm reading mixed impressions on some of the changes (some saying they could, some saying they couldn't) so these could change within the next day or two.

New Content:

New Awakening Super: Shippu Nagareboshi/Hurricane Meteor. Can only be done in sukukaja. (He does is like tiger knee you and then on hit he drops a ton of kunai while flipping and like posing at the camera upside down in the air and then Jiraiya throws them at you. Decentish damage?)

SB Hurricane Meteor / Shooting Star does a little more damage.

New Move: Shuntenhishokiri / Ninja Slash? aka V Slasher (Movelist has 214 and 236 listed as inputs, meaning you can go forward and backwards) V-Slash requires Persona, D version is slower, and causes Fatal Counter?

-Dangerous to use raw, vulnerable until after recovery

-Causes a hard knockdown (You can j2C after it)

-Run (236A/B), Moonsault (Air 236A/B) can cancel into it

-Can V Slash off 236A

-Can’t perform air actions after SB V Slasher on whiff

• His new A mash combo is 5A then an uppercut slash into a backflip kick that rise both him and opponent into the air before doing V-Slash Kunai.

Buffs:

• 5C has a backdash cancel, On hit for sure. (On block?)

• 2C has a forward dash cancel, on hit for sure. (on block?)

• SB Garudyne moves fast. C and D Garudyne remain the same.

• j.C might have FC on either the first hit or the second hit, seems to be slightly hard to tell atm?

Nerfs:

• Dial A builds a lot less meter, in fact he doesn’t really gain much anymore.

• Can’t combo after CH j2C

• Can’t 2A after j2C during 2C FC.

• Tentarafoo knocks down (RIP Spin state?)

• Yosuke’s B moonsault seems useless

• Sukukaja is reaaaaaaallllyyyyy short

• 5A recovery is increased in Sukukaja (5A in Sukukaja. It's now the animation to his ground throw slash. A mash combo in sukukaja is ground slash back and forward twice, pops them up and does the animation to his air throw slash, and then it got cancelled into j.2C)

Other Stuff:

• Glide is now AB > AC. It's awkward but possible.

• Kunais now forces the opponent to the ground and launches them upwards (Kunai doesn't cause on knockdown on standing hit. On standing hit they're just in hitstun for a few seconds. No popup, no knockdown. On air hit you're too far away for any sort of actual oki. Just returns to neutral.)

• Moonsault A x2 Still works. It just won't combo into V-Slash. 236B > Air 236A~A > 236C (V-Slash) > j.2B (which is D kunai now) works just fine. (Kunai > Garudyne might not work?)

• 5A > 5C > 2C > 236B > C V Slasher > j2C > Garudyne (3178dmg)

• 2C in Sukukaja doesn't knock them flying like it does in the current game. It just acts like a normal 2C.

•Shadow Yosuke sukukaja takes 100 meter.

Shoutouts to Guymam for some info!

Loketest #1

Buffs

+Kunais now forces the opponent to the ground and launches them upwards

+jC hits twice

+5B and 5C can now be dash cancelled

Nerfs

-Moonsault may have lost invul

-Sukukaja is shorter

-All Out Attack is slower, CH 5B > AoA no longer connects

+/-Glide is still in, faster but shorter.

Other

*Has a new auto-combo during Sukukaja.

*New Move dubbed "V Slasher"[j236C or D] (Similar to Leona's V Slasher) .

SB Version does a W Shape.

V Slasher can combo into Kunai

*j2B is now done with jAB

*Kunai inputs have been changed to j2A (A Version), j2B (B Version) and j2AB (SB Version)

*SB Sukukaja last as long as current (P4U) Sukukaja

Shoutouts to Omex for the translations and Stunedge for the info!

As long as we get to keep glide, I'm okay (unless they give us even less damage)

I want either:

-Better combo routes

-Better OMB routes (for midscreen atleast)

-Garudyne tweaks.

-And MAYBE Kunai tweaks (aka knockdowns)

All I'm hoping for yosuke is either...super based on the sonic punch or youthful wind (weaponizing a buff :P)

or he gets insane speed boost ala hybrid of sukukaja,fu-rin-ka-zan,and chipp zanuff. making him speedy gonzales if he were a kunai wielding school boy.

but then suddenly 5 ton truck. lol

anyways yeah I want new supers or a better speed boost, *shrug*

Maybe wind shuriken projectiles? Like how Yu has Zios and stuff. That could be something. Also, shadow characters are a thing, Hype for Shadow Brosuke?

Maybe wind shuriken projectiles? Like how Yu has Zios and stuff. That could be something. Also, shadow characters are a thing, Hype for Shadow Brosuke?

"I'll destroy everything that bores me!", sounds good :D

So, I woke up to receive the following news about Yosuke:

(+ = Buff, - = nerf, * = new)

+Kunais now knockdown

-Glide wasn't present in the loctest

-Moonsault may have lost invul

*+Apparently he has an actual teleport in Sukukaja.

*Has a new auto-combo during Sukukaja.

Kunai knockdown is pretty huge and losing moonsault invulnerability is ass but won't effect our overall game play all that much.

I always expected to lose glide in the next iteration so that's expected. New tools in Sukukaja sounds good, I'll look forward to seeing what those are.

At first, I was really sad glide was gone, but now I'm not really bothered. It means we'll get a whole new set of tools that might make him even better than before.

(PS: I'm commandeering your first post Greek so all the changes are in Post #1)

At first, I was really sad glide was gone, but now I'm not really bothered. It means we'll get a whole new set of tools that might make him even better than before.

(PS: I'm commandeering your first post Greek so all the changes are in Post #1)

Huh, glide is gone... Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Also, thanks, Pssych

well I at least know for sure we'llhave a bit of a time trying to figure how the heck we'll implement it in our gameplans

AMERIKAJIN ‏@jiyunaJP 11h

Yosuke's air daggers now slam you down to the ground. Damage is seriously lower for all characters, wonder how much new BNB's will do. #P4U

Andrew Greenberg ‏@DaiAndOh1 3h

@jiyunaJP Does this mean Yosuke can get oki after a bnb?

AMERIKAJIN ‏@jiyunaJP 2h

@DaiAndOh1 Nope, they recover quick.

Well, then it's a nerf . . . -___-

It depends on how V Slasher works tbh. V Slasher could be the new combo ender > Garu while Kunai will now act a "stay down" tool (maybe?)

I'm interested to see how/if 236A > EX Kunai will work since EX Kunai has quick recovery, time will tell.

I just noticed that Yosuke actually has dash cancels from 5B and 5C. 5B backdash 5B anyone? All I know is that Yosuke is going to be hella annoying right now.

I just noticed that Yosuke actually has dash cancels from 5B and 5C. 5B backdash 5B anyone? All I know is that Yosuke is going to be hella annoying right now.

which will be good for our epic hit-and-run tactics!

Added some more stuff; Kunai input changes, V Slasher info (kinda?) and a slower AoA