Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreekAngel

[P4U2] Yosuke Speculations and Discussion

Thanks for the info Guymam, now i wanna know if this is real:

5A > 5C > 2C > 236B > C V Slasher > j2C? > Garudyne (3178dmg) (This means V Slasher is a hard knockdown?)

We really need this, not so much for the damage, but for the average damage Hard knockdown into oki.

Oh shit. Last thing to add. 2C is sukukaja doesn't knock them flying like it does in the current game. It just acts like a normal 2C.

:v

Updated post #1, if I got anything wrong let me know (I'm updating like 7 things at once right now :[ )

None of those are correct. Fresh loketest info incoming.

First let's correct the stupid bullshit.

-B Moonsault is still in, just seemingly useless atm.

-5A recovery has indeed increased, because it's no longer his fucking 5A in Sukukaja. It's now the animation to his ground throw slash. A mash combo in sukukaja is ground slash back and forward twice, pops them up and does the animation to his air throw slash, and then it got cancelled into j.2C.

-I don't know. Probably no moonsault while backdashing.

-Yes it does. Moonsault A x2 still works. It just won't combo into V-Slash. 236B 236A 236C (V-Slash) j.2B (which is D kunai now el oh el) works just fine.

-Kunai > super, as far as I and logic can tell, doesn't work anymore.

New

-Yosuke Karafastfall is now AB > AC. It's slower and awkward as all fuck, but it's still in.

-V-Slash requires Persona, D version is slower, I think I saw it Fatal Counter?

-5C has a backdash cancel, On hit for sure. (On block?)

-2C has a forward dash cancel, on hit for sure. (on block?)

-Yosuke sweep can be hop cancelled for... uh... moonsault ...oki? Shits and giggles?

-New super (Sukukaja only) Sukukaja motion again and what he does is like tiger knee you and then on hit he drops a ton of kunai while flipping and like posing at the camera upside down in the air and then Jiraiya throws them at you. Decentish damage? I forgot to write the value down.

-Major nerf to Sukukaja time. It's short. Like, Really short.

-Kunai doesn't cause on knockdown on standing hit. On standing hit they're just in hitstun for a few seconds. No popup, no knockdown. On air hit you're too far away for any sort of actual oki. Just returns to neutral.

-B Tackle pops up higher. Corner AoA > D ender 2B 236B did not go into j.2C. They teched out high in the air.

-Shadow Yosuke sukukaja takes 100 meter.

I have no idea what his combo route could end up being.

Please keep in mind this is a loketest and could change drastically. Probably will.

So does dash springs slasher,moon salut,kunai,super work as a combo? (Depends son what version is used, yes but does it work in general?)

-5A recovery has indeed increased, because it's no longer his fucking 5A in Sukukaja. It's now the animation to his ground throw slash. A mash combo in sukukaja is ground slash back and forward twice, pops them up and does the animation to his air throw slash, and then it got cancelled into j.2C.

I'm wondering what position 5a puts him in or if 5a>5b as a blockstring is possible.

The fact that his new sukukaja auto combo is all his throw animations is incredibly hype. also, since 2C no longer launches, why does it still have heavy SMP in sukukaja?

Added the stuff we found yesterday (about 2A and j2C).

The Yosuke jpbbs seem to say he's "garbage" now and they really don't like the changes to Kunai and the shorter Sukukaja (I could be wrong, my translation skills are pretty weak (Omex and a friend helped me confirm changes though))

Having played the character, I can confirm he feels like garbage.

RIP RIP RIP

Then again we gotta wait to release to see what's really up, the way things are going I might have to jump ship to Yu Badguy

Confirmed: V-Slash gives an untechable knockdown on ground hit (though i don't know which version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEtl2Qdq5XI#t=1m11s

Here it looks like on air hit it gives a ground techable knockdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEtl2Qdq5XI#t=1m52s

And here we see how short Sukukaja is (damn short):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEtl2Qdq5XI#t=2m42s

Confirmed: V-Slash gives an untechable knockdown on ground hit (though i don't know which version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEtl2Qdq5XI#t=1m11s

Here it looks like on air hit it gives a ground techable knockdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEtl2Qdq5XI#t=1m52s

And here we see how short Sukukaja is (damn short):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEtl2Qdq5XI#t=2m42s

Question is, can v slasher combo from dash spring, and can v slasher combo ONTO moonsault?

Also, unfortunately that doesn't confirm that V-Slash has untechable knockdown. Most people at loketests just take their hands off the stick during the other person's "test period".

So does anyone see problem with Kunai ending on ground stun instead of resetting opponents in the air? We don't know the tech time since most people let go of the stick like guymam, but I'm just wondering.

So does anyone see problem with Kunai ending on ground stun instead of resetting opponents in the air? We don't know the tech time since most people let go of the stick like guymam, but I'm just wondering.

It is a big problem. IMO, there's no real merit now to needlessly risking yourself with kunai throws on neutral when the risk (getting blown up for a whiffed kunai, and you're on crouching state to boot)far outweigh the reward (crap damage, not enough hitstun for a followup). At least with the current version, they get launched in the air which you can do all sorts of stuff to. Arcsys needs to either

• Rework how kunai works on hit vs certain character states (standing, airborne,otg)
  • Replace kunai with something else

They can also make it so all versions of kunai enables air movement after it.

Bring back old glide please

i don't see a problem with it. but then again, i'm not saying it's a good thing. we'll see

It is a big problem. IMO, there's no real merit now to needlessly risking yourself with kunai throws on neutral when the risk (getting blown up for a whiffed kunai, and you're on crouching state to boot)far outweigh the reward (crap damage, not enough hitstun for a followup). At least with the current version, they get launched in the air which you can do all sorts of stuff to. Arcsys needs to either

• Rework how kunai works on hit vs certain character states (standing, airborne,otg)
  • Replace kunai with something else

They can also make it so all versions of kunai enables air movement after it.

Bring back old glide please

just means yosuke players cant haphazardly throw kunai now (you never could) . to compensate for no kunai pop up, maybe the recovery will be decreased since you cant move right away after A or B kunai anyway. and the decrease in autocombo meter gain means you wont be able to get an easy 25 for SB kunai anymore.

lol replace kunai? never

having air movement after kunai would be a blessing, but since kunai's take 1 air movement option to begin with...it's the same as the SB version. ohhh but i'd be pretty boosted if it happened

just means yosuke players cant haphazardly throw kunai now (you never could) .

I never said one could, I'm saying, considering risk vs reward outlined on my post, there's no real benefit to throwing kunais anymore.

and the decrease in autocombo meter gain means you wont be able to get an easy 25 for SB kunai anymore.

Not to mention no easy access OMC mixups anymore. But I guess he doesn't need that

but since kunai's take 1 air movement option to begin with

It's not all about moving after throwing kunais, it's also about landing safely with jump b/c after a kunai. Seriously, Yosuke lacks safe setups.

i never used OMC combos outside of throws anyway. unless i was doing some gimmick.

yea, just like i said if the landing recovery is shortened it wont really be a problem. if you could air dash after blocked or whiffed kunai, it wouldnt be a problem

i always thought the kunai were meant to annoy players. still, i havent even see kunai being used in p4u2 so i'd have to see myself

What's to talk about? There's been no new location test or anything...so we're sitting here with temporary information until the next test.

What's to talk about? There's been no new location test or anything...so we're sitting here with temporary information until the next test.

It's so wack. Let's play pssych. Besides you, woof and some other people I can't recall ATM, no one plays mr. Hanamarua

Mirror matches won't be the same