Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[P4AU] Yu Narukami - Loketest Discussion

But for all we know jD or 2D could be the new hotness.

I can understand the possibilities that Narukami's JD can give, but what's the meaning of 2D being of use? Isn't it practically 5D, but with a downward input?:?:

I'm okay that the oki's back, but I hope they change the B lion and the air SB Lion back or make it useful for combo extension. Like the feint idea, but seemed that harsh to nerf it the way it is now.

Fingers crossed that sweep > 5D oki doesn't make it into the final release. oki is fun, super fun, but it's like playing a single player game and is frustrating as all hell for the other player. With all the new tools Yu seems to be getting, I'm sure he'd be just fine without it.

He already had a tool for everything, he's just getting even more. Hopefully the command grab gets some good use too.

Here's how I think about 5D change. 5D(1) had 7 active frames and was the responsible for scooping people who refused to tech in time. It's pretty much garanteed oki/punish if you Sweep>5D with no delay.

But now with less 7 frames, and abit of range nerf consequently, won't it give enough time for them to delay tech even after tight Sweep>5D?

I doubt ASW would overlook something like that, and it's still a loketest at the end of the day, but it's something to think about.

A) We still have two hits of 5D but its supposed to have more recovery, a question I must ask is, without the first hit, will it still be worth using? or at least over the new oki we got in Sweep - 214B feint?

B) "B Lion is a slide on on regardless of FC" better than a hard knockdown I guess, I foresee following it up in the corner with 2B?

C) "Cross slash > 2A followup now stable" ...cool?

A) We still have two hits of 5D but its supposed to have more recovery, a question I must ask is, without the first hit, will it still be worth using? or at least over the new oki we got in Sweep - 214B feint?

B) "B Lion is a slide on on regardless of FC" better than a hard knockdown I guess, I foresee following it up in the corner with 2B?

So let me get this straight: 5D oki has little to no use now and the recovery is more worse for the Persona or the character. I don't really care as long as he has something to get around a mix-up game.

What does "B Lion Slide" mean? Does it still indicate a ground bounce or is it something a little more subtle?

or Akihiko's level 2 corkscrew, Shadow Labrys' persona 5C punch, mitsuru's droit knockdowns. It's a long, comboable state with fixed hitstun that the opponent can't latetech. How comboable it will be will be seen, but in corner it should be fine.

read: assuming it's the same universal 'slide' effect and not the more ghetto variety.

B lion slide means easy knockdowns!

Only question is how far will they slide? (regarding midscreen obviously this will be pretty useful in the corner regardless)

Only question is how far will they slide? (regarding midscreen obviously this will be pretty useful in the corner regardless)

mmm...not too bad midscreen, since you dont really get B lion at the end of harshly scaled combos midscreen. if anything, that situation doesnt even come up too much outside of like...sandwich crouch confirm into 2C B lion haha. i would take corner carry over B lion into nothing midscreen anyways, if it means we can do high damage corner combos into knockdown (!!!!!!!!!!!) ;o

i mean, i guess off of B lion starter it sucks hahaha

right now, when you get B lion you dont really get knockdowns unless you do a really lame combo like B lion run up sweep, so its not much of a loss in that regard. the main thing we lose is corner carry, but hopefully IAD jAC can save the day

mmm...not too bad midscreen, since you dont really get B lion at the end of harshly scaled combos midscreen. if anything, that situation doesnt even come up too much outside of like...sandwich crouch confirm into 2C B lion haha. i would take corner carry over B lion into nothing midscreen anyways, if it means we can do high damage corner combos into knockdown (!!!!!!!!!!!) ;o

i mean, i guess off of B lion starter it sucks hahaha

I'm sort of worried about that as well, but he's got the feint to make up for taking out the corner carry aspect of B Lion. It's saddening that it can't really be used for juggles anymore so our combo extensions are potentially limited, but I hope that the "slide" features will have a bit of a plus side since his oki and other tools that made him great have been "downsized" considerably.

New tools,like stable Cross Slash> 2A, definitely makes up for his loss of awesome Oki/corner carry.

Also the new 214B didn't affect his OMB/OMC combos damage that much, so he's still lethal with 100 meter.

Now I just want to know the deal with the air fireballs... The lack of info on Shadow Yu is also kinda unsettling.

Gonna leave this here for those who haven't seen it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AC9gYVzyUaFDZFsf-LXIGGoyZnG1Wws4Gp96Tdgk58w/edit

personal thoughts

>sweep 5D gone again, Pls Arc make up your mind :(

>Unsure if new super sounds awesome or dumb

>5C backdash is gone, so much for safe persona pressure

after reviewing the new footage in the omex's p4u2 loketest #3 thread. I have noticed a few things

1) startups on C-slide and D-slide appeared to be swapped. in one of the footages, at far range 5C>c-slide kept dropping and at ranges similar to that or farther, 5C>D-slide connected. Im positive startup on c-slide is longer and d-slide is shorter. couple reasons why is so that narukami doesn't play the c-slide>safejump game all throughout the match and that if you want to confirm, you need to use d-slide(which is in FC state IIRC) for damage.

2)5C backdash being gone is w/e, you can still apply 2b>5c>5b>backdash or continue with following up with 2b>2C.

3)his 236A is hilarious and caught alot of mashing, meaning better frame traps, need to see what we can get off of it. not to mention the times when 236B connected.

4)AoA definitely seems slower. probably increased it by 2 or 3 frames maybe??

5)New super is really good. its very fast so it will be an easy go-to punish tool, also SB cross slash causes paralysis lol

6)SB lion is better. could possibly get high (or higher than before) damage, corner carry, and oki with OMC, as well as it being a groundbounce on grounded opponents on CH/FC leads to the same but less expensive.

7)lack of 5D used in the footage (outside of that 236B>omb>5D drop) saddens me. but i'll fix that! :v:

EDIT: may or may not add more. gonna continue reviewing the footage while i still can!

8) j.b air CH like doesnt exist. the tech time is really fast, so j.b CH>sweep/5a/etc at higher heights is almost nonexistant. (it was also a universal nerf, so thats cool)

9)I saw 5C>2C>forward dash>5a/grab work alot more than it did before. Either its alot less negative than before or the opponent didnt mash out. hoping to be less negative!

5B on block is backdash cancel-able? That looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysDrig4FtOY&t=7m06s

he does it again at 7:10, 7:14

with 2C recovery increasing ("2C recovery increased to the point where if it is rolled you can get CH’d") it will probably help a lot. Max range 5B 2C would be worse now because of that, but now we can BDC the 5B for safety. And I bet you can punish rolls after that BDC.