Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[P4AU] Yu Narukami - Loketest Discussion

It seems like this narukami is going to have ALOT more oki options, its just that there's no more brain-dead easy oki anymore. Also, losing 214D>omc>214b to continue a combo is not that bad. In fact, its pretty useless once you get to the corner cause you can just replace 214b with j.c>j.214b to continue damage. And that reminds me, the corner game for this character is looking too strong.

Still awaiting to see footage of narukami. There happens to be some already for junpei,liz, aki, and yukiko.

Damage on that command throw looks pretty decent, not to mention it looks pretty fast.

hama commented he thought people would be DPing it on reaction pretty reliably, so not TOO fast, but hey, at least there's a reason to use ex zio outside of corner pull now, amirite?

Indeed.

Btw, new oki off sweep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFll51E2gLg&feature=player_detailpage&t=40

Looks pretty standard but can be gimmicky.

Does seem like thats our new main oki, obviously its nowhere as good as 5D but hey its something

Seems though j.B will whiff if it is used right after though

Does seem like thats our new main oki, obviously its nowhere as good as 5D but hey its something

With that 214B feint, we could see some new oki mixups in the making, especially with new possibilities for air combos.

It looks to be a good tool to create a high and low mix-up game or a safe jump set up. The player whiffed the jb and went low, but certain characters that looks to be risky especially when facing Kanji in this case.

With that 214B feint, we could see some new oki mixups in the making, especially with new possibilities for air combos.

I'm liking the new potential oki this gives, but I feel it won't be as foolproof compared to 5D. It's definitely going to be timing and read specific, but for now I feel it's not "safe" to consider using time and time again for a mix-up game.

That B Lion feint airdash oki after sweep looks pretty cool. Completely outclassed in every way by the old Persona oki but whatever. That was dumb anyway. At least this involves some risk. And that dash move that can cut or grab looks about as fun as I'd imagine! And new autocombo looks badass as hell. I'm a little concerned that Yu is just going to autocombo all the time now though since he has more to gain from it this time with the nerfed oki. Oh well. At least it looks cool. And it would be pretty funny if his J2.B was a better jump in then JB because well, JB was already a ridiculous jump in. Looks like the J2b has more range sooooooo who knows.

Hmmmm as for being able to DP him out of the dash attack on reaction wellllll........that's not good. But I'll be optimistic because at least he can strike or grab so that automatically makes it more useful/interesting then Hell's Fang. And also it looks like the animation when he dashes into the attack looks a little similar to his dash. Like, kinda close so at least there is that. And it looks like the move is fairly safe on block too......it's a little hard to tell but yeah it looks safe. That would be hilarious if it was plus! Oh and it looks like the dash grab has really good recovery on wiff so that's a plus. Nowhere near standard command grab recovery.

Not going to lie, I actually really like the Yu changes.

5D of sweep was hella stupid, and he barely got nerfed outside of that. Hell he got a ton of new moves to compensate. Hopefully the Izanagi crossup combos are still viable.

At least Yu can still cancel 2B to safety by gattling into 5B.

And yeah, the command throw looks kinda telegraphed (Yu bends his knees before running) but the running itself is rather fast.

You can airdash ou double jump out of it since it just sends him into the air.

I was actually wondering about that myself, e.g. after 5AAA - jump(waiting for opponent to tech) - airdash - nasty grab reset?

At least Yu can still cancel 2B to safety by gattling into 5B.

And yeah, the command throw looks kinda telegraphed (Yu bends his knees before running) but the running itself is rather fast.

Also 5C can now be dash cancelled (assuming that includes backdashing) which will be helpful

The EX version of the command grab is supposed to be really fast so maybe one of Yu's SB moves will be actually useful outside of slightly more damage

ah well, still worth a shot I guess

Looks to be a little slower but maybe thats only because it missed?

Nah, it definitely recovered faster even if it missed before.

The EX version of the command grab is supposed to be really fast so maybe one of Yu's SB moves will be actually useful outside of slightly more damage
SB Roaring Lion is already strong. Like, really dumb. Plus on block and faster.

The running command grab, assuming that the slash is decent on block, looks to be really strong. Yes, people will uppercut it if you just do 5C/2C -> running command grab, but if you mix it in with 214B/214B feint and dashing A pressure, it will be strong. Maybe you can be a total asshole with it and charge it so long that their uppercut will whiff, and then you can punish their whiff.

I think the running slash will replace 214B in Fatal combos off 2C in the corner. Unless 2C dash 5B becomes optimal now, or something with the 214B feint.

Air Roaring Lion was already your ass if you just threw it out at neutral. The j.c Roaring Lion loops still work, which is what I was worried about.

I wonder if they'll make Zio any better. If the D version were a little bit faster, it would actually be useful.