Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[P4AU] Yu Narukami - Loketest Discussion

"236D is chargeable. Yu can move while Persona is charging"

sounds really cool. Happy they are giving that move some attention.

damn, vids are gone D:

236D is chargeable. Yu can move while Persona is charging

i really like this change

236D is chargeable. Yu can move while Persona is charging

i really like this change

As do I, its really good to see that 236D is finally getting attention.

Perhaps there won't be much of a reason to spam 236C much, even in combos anymore?

236c is the projectile right? was that something that was supposed to be used frequently? Because I don't remember that part.

Yes, 236C is the projectile, which is mostly used in keep-away and zoning.

I really don't see much of a purpose for using 236C in combos, but having a charageable 236D will definitely help with combos depending on the opponents position.

236C is actually pretty good for OMB combos. if you can catch the opponent in the air with Zio (such as 5C CH>236C>omb>5D) you can get pretty good damage off of it due to its low proration. you could also use it to cancel sweep against some characters to make your pressure safe so that both players can just return to neutral. Which btw, you will need better neutral in p4c since alot of his jump-cancels were taken away on block.

Also we'll need to know how long it takes for 236[D] to allow narukami to move, if it's long, pretty sure alot of characters can hit him out of it. you'll probably find use of it off DP CH>236[D]. Also maybe he could get a weak oki off sweep>236[D]?? All this is depending on when narukami can begin moving off charged 236D

Speaking on OMB combos that just reminded me, with 214B being changed to a knockdown we are going to need to change it up to follow up 5D, do we know if OMB - 5D - sweep - 214A - 5DD - 2B - stuff works?

also doesn't 5A still have it's jump cancel on block? could we get some use out of that in P4C?

I saw someone say 214B still bounced on air hit, can anyone confirm that? If so it could still be used for those combos.

On 236D, itd be cool if there was a good setup for it that let you attempt a command grab and have the 236D connect right after the grab if they jumped/backdashed it. So all they could do to get out would be DP. Also wondering how good crossups could be with it.

I saw someone say 214B still bounced on air hit, can anyone confirm that? If so it could still be used for those combos.

Nah, in this vid: http://kurushii.tv/Downloads/P4C/Videos/1stLocationTest/NYOAVwOR-ik.mp4 around the 0:52 second mark, yukari vs narukami, you see yukari is cornered and narukami combos into 5C>2C>214B, even though it was a yellow beat, 214B just knocked them back down

And yes Fistmaster, OMB - 5D - sweep - 214A - 5DD - still works, however it will be more optimal in corner as oppose to midscreen. If anything, hopefully me or Vrraiden will figure something out for midscreen OMB damage assuming everything on hit remains intact minus B-lion

Ok, ill check that vid out later, shame it doesn't bounce on air hit either, tho that might have been implied from the original reports anyways, since how often does 214B hit grounded as a non FC.

But yeah we should still be able to do OMB stuff that didn't involve the 214B and get something decent. in reality some Japanese will probably find the best new OMB stuff before any of us get the game but regardless one of us Narukamis on here will share it. No copyrights attached!

radori will figure it out first, you nerds. and copyright it too

This is one of the greatest things that I've ever read.

Stick to contributions and questions of those contributions in the thread please, I won't tolerate any off-topic nor meaningless posts here.

OK, thanks.

Ok, ill check that vid out later, shame it doesn't bounce on air hit either, tho that might have been implied from the original reports anyways, since how often does 214B hit grounded as a non FC.

But yeah we should still be able to do OMB stuff that didn't involve the 214B and get something decent. in reality some Japanese will probably find the best new OMB stuff before any of us get the game but regardless one of us Narukamis on here will share it. No copyrights attached!

JPs exploration of Narukami's combo depth in the first game was pretty minimal

JPs exploration of Narukami's combo depth in the first game was pretty minimal

you can say that again

ontopic: sweep B lion feint jD?

you can say that again

ontopic: sweep B lion feint jD?

I thought about that, but that's gonna be the loosest setup ever. Sweep xx 214B feint, j.d -> j.b probably won't safe jump reversals. I'm not even confident if Sweep -> 214B feint -> j.b is a good safejump. Sweep xx 214B feint, j.d -> j.b will be the first thing I test though! That would be really strong Oki.

There was a video where sweep xx 214B feint -> delayed j.a was actually a normal crossup against Kanji, like Ky's j.s. I wonder if there's mixup potential there. Also, it makes me think that the spacing before the sweep is essential to the mixup. We should start thinking about options for if they don't tech. I know that sweep -> 214B raw will catch any delayed tech, but I don't know if it hits meaty if they don't delay. Hopefully Sweep -> 214B feint -> j.b can catch delay tech for free, otherwise you'll have to guess on their tech options.

I also am hopeful about Sweep -> hold 236D, based on the rumored ability to hold it.

On the subject of j.D, it already has really good recovery outside of the j.2A j.d chain. From a raw j.d, you recover almost immediately and can air dash or whatever, while after j.2A you have to fall all the way to the ground and recover. I wonder if they considered removing that chain-specific recovery.

Can't believe no one caught something in the old P4C vids. Apparently narukami's ex air lion causes knockdown as well as oppose to making the opponent airborne. Aka no longer can we do ex air lion right before we land and link 5a off of it, which also makes tk ex lion no longer viable for combos.

Also, thanks to IAD j.AC, narukami's OMB combo damage is preserved! (ofc if proration remains the same for each move)

ah, ok it was in the pastebin that omex posted, but it says "rumor has it" and it wasn't updated onto the first post, well its not a rumor lol

If it's what it sounds like it should still OTG fine if you don't delay at all. Sounds like we just can't do delayed 5D for the 3 hits and stronger/safer oki. But for all we know jD or 2D could be the new hotness.