Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4AU] Naoto Shirogane - Gameplay Discussion "TIME TO MOVE"

That was my first idea for corner throw which ended up being wayyyyy harder and the dmg wasnt even 100 difference if i recall lol

Your right lol it's lot harder . Lol but yeah your combo does the job and it's relative easy.

Beside that

Throw smb 2ac j214cd 236cd 214b Bc ab 236b Ac 236d 236236ab dash 2ab 214214cd

Is that the highest non burst safe route?

Anyone try shadow burst>sb raid kick>5C>236236AB? It seems like you need to TK the sb gun super otherwise you get raid the wrong way

You generally want to do kick>2B>5C>w/e, it's way easier. :X

For burst safe corner throw routes I got  BC>ACD>236D>236236AB>2AB>236CD>236B>236236ABx2 for 4,2k + some odd amount of poison dmg. For the last SB gun super wait till you land to get the most hits out of the SMG part of it 

http://youtu.be/8fUQf3mFJdY for visual

Thanks for visual. ^^

Guess I'm at the point that I'm lost in what to do from full screen anyway, where you're not cornered but need a full screen carry shadow frenzy combo. What are the option, triple dang doesn't carry far enough and will drop the ground double cang if it's not at corner.

Even though I don't have the game yet, I've been busy trying to get a good feel for how differently Naoto plays these past few days.

Recently I've been playing shtkn's Mitsuru and just now I played JonaKim's Akihiko and Vineeth's Narukami at WCW4, notable players if I may say so myself and what I have to say about the matchups is that you still approach it the (almost) the same as you would before (high emphasis of movement and not getting hit, picking your spots when to go in, etc.) You just need to keep in mind the changes the old characters have gone through from the transition of P4U1 - P4U2 such as Mitsuru having a low attack that disrupts zoners, inflicts Confuse and almost reaches the entire screen, Akihiko being able to silence you (which I've just realized is a big freaking deal after tonight) and Narukami being able to feint B Raging Lion and use it as a safejump.

Maybe I'm just saying and feeling this since the game is still new to everybody and I don't even have the game yet but this is how I feel about the matchups so far. Could be right, could be wrong. Feel free to discuss.

Two Questions...

1) How do I safely put 5D out there?

2) Are there any really good meter building combos for S. Naoto?

Two Questions...

1) How do I safely put 5D out there?

2) Are there any really good meter building combos for S. Naoto?

1) Its only good full screen and after like bullet shots. 

2) I dont know lol.

Bahaha, I got blown up at a tournament yesterday because I didn't know you could Shadow Burst during moves. I kept getting OMC instead. Bahaha. I could have just been pressing 5aaa SB SP Gunshot Super xN and won a bunch of my casuals. ;/

So whats everyone doing for Oki now? Trap oki is basically non-existent now due to increased recovery; its only slightly usable after 2AB. I've just been doing meaty 2[C] and IAD j.C meaties off of 236A~D. I guess you can just take off the fate counters instead of trying for oki since fate is really good this time around.

So whats everyone doing for Oki now? Trap oki is basically non-existent now due to increased recovery; its only slightly usable after 2AB. I've just been doing meaty 2[C] and IAD j.C meaties off of 236A~D. I guess you can just take off the fate counters instead of trying for oki since fate is really good this time around.

I basically just copy Denpa and Waka by laying a C trap on their wakeup in the corner. Tbh, it feels just about "even?" But if they do something stupid for some reason then it's a free CH combo for you. As for midscreen oki, I have no idea if there's any other way other than your methods, for her to have any.

Not sure if it's even worth it to go for oki this time around since like you said, the fate game has more of a presence than it does before, thus making her gameplan more straightforward than before.

Is it me or does shadow naoto seems kinda bad against other shadow character, the mains one chie and mitsuru. They have more hp and have a better damage output, is it better just to switch strategy on go for skull fate counter instead rather then do the entire combo shadow combo.

Is it me or does shadow naoto seems kinda bad against other shadow character, the mains one chie and mitsuru. They have more hp and have a better damage output, is it better just to switch strategy on go for skull fate counter instead rather then do the entire combo shadow combo.

In general, going for fate with S.Naoto seems to be a much more reliable way to win than trying to go for the bigger combos. S.Chie and S.Mitsuru get practically 7k no matter what the starter so their damage output is very high and consistent as opposed to S.Naoto who won't always get that damage. The thing about their combos is that they utilize a lot of moves that just ignore hitstun for the most part (freeze mechanics with SB Mabufudyne, Agneyastra/power charge spam into one giant SB Godhand) so they'll usually be able to combo into their most damaging moves regardless of how poorly prorated the combo gets most of the time. Naoto doesn't really have that luxury since a lot of combos involve a series of fast cancels with links littered here and there that can be drastically affected by your starter. 

As for who does better vs Shadow characters, I'm kinda at a loss myself as to who to pick against them. S.Naoto is good because the opponent can't burst a single thing you do anyway and thanks to the ease of depleting fate counters, the amount of health other Shadow characters have becomes irrelevant. But at the same time, having a burst to avoid dying in one shot and effectively burning a Shadow character's Shadow Burst mode is great as well as getting that awakening health defense boost and what not. Honestly i think either character is perfectly viable in any level of play as the game stands right now outside of  Japan, so just play who you like and who caters to your style more. 

i think we need a section for set up after 236236 ab i find more myself more and more reliant on the naoto fate system, and when their hp is low i just go for triple super and no effort. im finding the need to go for fancy shadow frenzy combo to be quite rare usually because all the starting hits i want are less likely to happen or their hp is low enough where rriple super does the job, besides the corned raid shadow frenzy combo i dont think there is much need for naoto triple fang combo.

How good is blight poison ?

As a status effect, it's unremarkable compared to some of the others. As a combo tool though it's a huge blessing in disguise as it allows you to game the damage scaling system, and in the case of venom zapper it comes with a relaunch as well, hence its' almost omnipresence in SBM combos.

Damage taken from poison during a combo is not displayed on the combo counter, which is why you see shadow combos that do 70% on Narukami but say 4500 for the damage. Any Shadow combo you read that has a few venom zappers in it is going to be listed at between 1200 and 1600 less damage than it actually does.

As an example, the current midscreen 5a BnB for Shadow Naoto is listed at 4990, but it's closer to 6500.

As a status effect, it's unremarkable compared to some of the others. As a combo tool though it's a huge blessing in disguise as it allows you to game the damage scaling system, and in the case of venom zapper it comes with a relaunch as well, hence its' almost omnipresence in SBM combos.

Damage taken from poison during a combo is not displayed on the combo counter, which is why you see shadow combos that do 70% on Narukami but say 4500 for the damage. Any Shadow combo you read that has a few venom zappers in it is going to be listed at between 1200 and 1600 less damage than it actually does.

As an example, the current midscreen 5a BnB for Shadow Naoto is listed at 4990, but it's closer to 6500.

Welp I was going to respond to ariveradachi's post but I was busy all day but 9:02 PM nailed it pretty much. 

And just to add on to this, I just talked to Bond (a top Naoto player in SoCal back in P4U1) a few days ago and he says that stacking VZ in combos can lead to "SMP type" damage and I am starting to see that.

Can someone help me understand, in Shadow Frenzy mode, how to do:

Air B Double fangs -> Air A Double fangs -> land -> A Double Fangs -> 2AB -> etc

Whenever I get up to 2AB, i'll be stuck in Gun stance and get EX shot instead.

Can someone help me understand, in Shadow Frenzy mode, how to do:

Air B Double fangs -> Air A Double fangs -> land -> A Double Fangs -> 2AB -> etc

Whenever I get up to 2AB, i'll be stuck in Gun stance and get EX shot instead.

See the earlier posts about trap cancelling. You cancel the 2nd hit of A fang into 214 CD. The SB trap doesn't come out, but it cancels the recovery of the A fang and leaves you at neutral.

Re: Kaimon, air fang is pretty helpful overall; makes air conversions easier, gives her another overhead option, and gives her damage and corner carry in combos, especially in shadow frenzy.

It also gives her a good way to option select against late techs in certain situations with trap oki.