Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4AU] Naoto Shirogane - Gameplay Discussion "TIME TO MOVE"

Yeah, the wiki should be ok to use, though I'll admit the evernotes can be kind of overwhelming since those were originally for my personal use and I'm nutty about combos. My youtube channel has playlists of combos and stuff for visual aid to help as well. Any questions or any requests for stuff Naoto related, feel free to post here and ask me here if theres anything that I missed. 

I was messing around at the arcade today (2.0 obv), and found out you can super cancel Hamaon after Naoto's "chop" during her grab...without using a OMC or going into SF. Was this common knowledge?

Hey guys, so I've been playing this game for a while now, been trying out a lot of characters but I keep coming back to Naoto as the character I want to use. However, I have no idea how to handle Neutral as playing Naoto, and just in general not sure how to get pressure going or keeping people out/respectful. Any tips or general kind of gameplans I can follow?

Hey guys, so I've been playing this game for a while now, been trying out a lot of characters but I keep coming back to Naoto as the character I want to use. However, I have no idea how to handle Neutral as playing Naoto, and just in general not sure how to get pressure going or keeping people out/respectful. Any tips or general kind of gameplans I can follow?

Have you checked the dustloop wiki page for her? A lot of general stuff is covered for her, but I'll just give a quick summary of stuff anyway.

Generally with Naoto, you want to create space between you and your opponent to give yourself enough breathing room to set up her traps (214C/D) to get screen control. From there, you generally want to keep the opponent out by anticipating how they want to approach you, and contest them with stuff like gunshots, 5D, j.A/j.C, C Zapper, etc. and try to force them into blocking one of your traps in neutral and then going in on them to start your pressure. When you are on offense, you generally just want to be really annoying by mixing in throws, a lot of staggered 5A 2A 5A stuff, jump cancels into j.C, and stance feints to bait out DP/Supers. Her pressure isn't that good, so against characters who have good tools to get out of Naoto's very basic offense, its often better to just peel off and run away back to a fullscreen position and play from there. Naoto's basic gameplan of playing pretty passively and focusing on fighting from a distance is probably the safest and most annoying type of play for your opponent, but the thing is this won't always be the ideal way to fight people because of their character choice. Characters like Margaret and Yukari can outzone Naoto and beat her at this, so against them you'll want to focus on getting in on them instead of zoning them out. There are a lot of little nuances that you'll pick up on vs the cast that will make you change how you have to play, but for the most part passive play using traps and gunshots and quickly switching it up by making them block a trap and going in on them is the general gameplan you'll want to have most of the time. 

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise it was on the wiki, since the restructure of character pages I always find myself forgetting to check the other sub-pages (yeah it's dumb I know).

I was messing around and I found a kinda interesting bug in training mode, I don't really know every condition that causes it, or if it can be applied practically though. (I kind of doubt it so far)

With the opponent at 0 fate counters I set 3 D traps and used 236A to hit the foe into them following up with Hamoan. Hamoan hits once, they tech and block the remaining hits and afterwords Naoto can clip through them at any time. This means you can do cross-ups on an opponent by dashing half-way though them them and using 5A. Naoto also clips through the opponent during combos (for example if you 236B at close range they fly in the opposite direction, so it could lead to a lot of funny stuff.

Another cool thing is that when the opponent hits Naoto the glitch ends, so it can't be used against you more than once, it will not go away if you block though.

I bet it could be used for some super cool neta combos but in actual gameplay you'd of course go for the kill in that situation. I wonder if there's other ways to create start this bug...

On 11/9/2015, 12:59:50, Myoro said:

I was messing around and I found a kinda interesting bug in training mode, I don't really know every condition that causes it, or if it can be applied practically though. (I kind of doubt it so far)

With the opponent at 0 fate counters I set 3 D traps and used 236A to hit the foe into them following up with Hamoan. Hamoan hits once, they tech and block the remaining hits and afterwords Naoto can clip through them at any time. This means you can do cross-ups on an opponent by dashing half-way though them them and using 5A. Naoto also clips through the opponent during combos (for example if you 236B at close range they fly in the opposite direction, so it could lead to a lot of funny stuff.

Another cool thing is that when the opponent hits Naoto the glitch ends, so it can't be used against you more than once, it will not go away if you block though.

I bet it could be used for some super cool neta combos but in actual gameplay you'd of course go for the kill in that situation. I wonder if there's other ways to create start this bug...

I'm not too sure of how you are setting this up and what exactly is happening.  If possible, record this because I feel like its just another case of her IK moves glitching out when the opponent is at 0 fate and the proration/SMP is cranked at the same time. 

Aye sir. I'll try to snag a friend's video camera or phone tomorrow and upload it. I've got it very consistent so it shouldn't be much trouble.at all.

If there's other similar situations where 0 fate and high proration causes this sort of glitch I'm almost it's that.