Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4AU] Naoto Shirogane - Gameplay Discussion "TIME TO MOVE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CsQxwFyASE&t=1138  so this is something my friend pointed out to me. After SB gun super it doesn't remain constantly silenced? Im not sure if this is a universal change to silence in general or specifically SB gun super/SMG super but if you look at the burst up till musui gets a hit, its flickering between being locked out and not.

The silence lasts for like 2 seconds then it goes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CsQxwFyASE&t=1138  so this is something my friend pointed out to me. After SB gun super it doesn't remain constantly silenced? Im not sure if this is a universal change to silence in general or specifically SB gun super/SMG super but if you look at the burst up till musui gets a hit, its flickering between being locked out and not.

You can't Shadow Burst while backdashing, that's what the flickering's about. The second flicker is right before Akihiko's attack connects (you can't Burst mid animation unless you hit or get blocked, similar to OMC).

Ah ok so shadow frenzy isnt affected by silence then? I guess that makes sense so maybe silence isn't that short it was just showing shadow frenzy being available and not break burst

Also, according to Jiyuna, Naoto is "super cheap" in 2.0 lol

Ok guys, I updated the combo thread. Is there anything else you guys would like me to potentially do for this board in the meantime? Still thinking about stuff to potentially add or edit, so help me out and throw some ideas at me lol. 

Not a Naoto player and this isn't technically stuff for the board itself but if you have the time to spare and you're interested, Naoto's wiki page could use some loving.

Not a Naoto player and this isn't technically stuff for the board itself but if you have the time to spare and you're interested, Naoto's wiki page could use some loving.

Updating the wiki slowly as we speak. Finished normal attacks. Going to work on persona attacks and specials. For combos and stuff I'm just gonna link my evernote and the combo thread for Naoto/S.Naoto combos. Biggest problem with the wiki is that a lot of the general frame data is not 100% accurate so after I finish writing stuff up I might actually have to test Naoto's stuff because I know i just found an error with Minazuki's 5A frame disadvantage :( 

Updating the wiki slowly as we speak. Finished normal attacks. Going to work on persona attacks and specials. For combos and stuff I'm just gonna link my evernote and the combo thread for Naoto/S.Naoto combos. Biggest problem with the wiki is that a lot of the general frame data is not 100% accurate so after I finish writing stuff up I might actually have to test Naoto's stuff because I know i just found an error with Minazuki's 5A frame disadvantage :(

Thanks Doonpa. I really appreciate you helping out with the wiki! Not sure what the story is with her frame data but there's probably a good chance her current data is from the 1.0 mook. Changes to her moves in the 1.1 patch are probably a good place to look for errors if you're trying to find any. 

http://www.twitch.tv/sandiegofgc/v/3957640

@ 2:58:20

I know we're all talking about 2.0 now but on the subject of Defensive OSs, version shouldn't matter at all. Anyway so I finally found time to stop by my local FGC venue to visit some friends since spring break started and it just so happened that they were having a P4U2 tournament so I participated (my first local P4U2 tournament actually) and outside of a few dumb wake up grabs in the first round, I feel that my set with shtkn is kind of a good example of how the fuzzy OS metagame works (at least until the second round starts).

Basically the way I used Defensive OSs was if I suspected that shtkn was going to grab me, then I Fuzzy Jumped, which worked out for me at least twice. However, seeing that work out was a tell for shtkn that I was Fuzzy Jumping and so I had to mix up what OS to use, such as Roll OS in order to escape "shallow" Mitsuru pressure (which worked out pretty good for me in the set as well despite supposedly being a 'weak' OS from what I heard? At least that's what @Buttface told me in one of the LINE groups I'm in. Probably because Rolls is considered a weak defensive option?) because I was waiting for the classic run up 2B the next time he put me on defense since Mitsuru's 2B can easily blow up Fuzzy Jump (which never happened in the set though).

In turn, in order to see if shtkn was OSing on defense, I staggered my 5As and 2As which will catch Fuzzy Jump but he didn't bite.

In general, these Defensive OSs are pretty important to learn, especially for Naoto who has mediocre defense in the first place.

So Denpa had a stream on nico yesterday and showed off a lot of cool stuff for 2.0 so Ill share what little I can remember for those that missed it

-236236A untech time was buffed?

He was able to do jC>j236236Ax2 against a Ken out of an air to air, no fatal, I tried it in training mode even with a fatal counter I wasnt able to get it, unfortunately I dont know how to check nico stream archives only thing i can think of outside of a buff to that move would be it getting a specific height  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3kuun9v8Ts this is what i mean, if they are low enough from the wallbounce they will land before being able to tech out and then they just cant tech for a while? Im thinking SB gun super untech time might be swap with smg and shotgun counterparts because SB gun supers untech time looks less) 

Another time he got 2B>jB>236236A>AD j214CD (using sb trap as a glide)>5B to pick up. 

-jB fuzzy guard/Fshiki

He showed this off before in 1.1 and thanks to the j236A/B buffs you can combo off of it meterlessly. I believe the combo was jB>j236B> 236D>5C>jB>j236AB>j236A>5A>5C>214A~Cx5 , tho you could probably skip the  236D>5C>jB>j236AB part if you wanted a meterless conversion, wouldn't be much but it leads back into a safe jump and could be needed to close out a round so its nice to keep in mind. I tested just the fuzzy part and it works on Yu Adachi Yosuke Chie Mitsuru Margaret Ken Marie Yukari Yukiko Aigis Liz Naoto   (http://youtu.be/f_vTdePTYIs heres a proof for those that would like that, normal can go for OMB/SB gun super combo, shadow can do shadow burst stuff that will do around 7k roughly with poison? pretty nice to have in your pocket ) 

-Shadow burst raid!
This one is just prob me being dumb/not watching enough but you can shadow burst off supers so gunshots>Raid>Shadow burst>jump into pinballing opponent>jC>j236B>j236A>corner stuffs works and is all burst safe cause shots your far away, raid is super, shadow burst locks out burst. fun times

5AAA>j214CD>run under 5C>j236A back into the traps>236A worked even after jA>jA>jB>jA>2A so i wonder how far you can push this normally. and since a lot off stuff for naoto is jump cancelable on block vs ken you can turn a lot of random tags on the dog into >jB>jC>jB>jC to kill it real quick and cut it short if your worried about ken thats just something i thought was neat tho probably common knowledge 

There was prob a lot more that I cant really think of at this time...woops. also the universal persona normal buff might make it so at least the first hit of 5DD will come out before they can break the persona, giving that move more presence woohoo

To whoever edited the DL wiki page for Naoto and said those things about the Aigis MU: Please don't do that again. Thats a prime example of serious misinformation and I'd like to not want to punch myself in the crotch in anguish of what I read. 

To whoever edited the DL wiki page for Naoto and said those things about the Aigis MU: Please don't do that again. Thats a prime example of serious misinformation and I'd like to not want to punch myself in the crotch in anguish of what I read.

You happen to have a word to word copy of what it said? I kind of want to read it myself but it's not there haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You happen to have a word to word copy of what it said? I kind of want to read it myself but it's not there haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't want to read that shit. Lol trust me, it was hilarious though.

Living in the dream that is 2.0

Where our bad MUs got nerfed and she got better. 2.0 pls hurry!!!

Updated the Naoto wiki again to be closer to completion. I'm going to fix up the combo section and add in the fact there are SB versions of her Gunshots and reread everything and include stuff like fate counter loss, etc. 

Lazy update to the video thread. If you guys weren't familiar with the JP website horibuna, you can use it for pretty much any fighting game you can think of and it will have a giant master list of games and characters matched up vs specific characters. Its updated frequently and pretty much achieves the same purpose as the video thread for us and enables me to be lazy about that thread. Google translate is going to be your friend there if you like it. 

In other news, this forum is pretty dead and what not which is fine considering 2.0 not dropping on consoles any time soon, but if you guys have any questions or suggestions about things regarding the character or this character board, feel free to drop anything you want to say here. Also, feedback on the Naoto wiki page would be greatly appreciated if anyone feels like theres anything worth adding/removing, etc. 

Next project on my mind will probably be to fill out the match up threads.

So funny little tidbit,  the whole "I'm out of bullets why you making me try to shoot" animation builds 1 meter. You can also kara cancel that into a unequip so you can do something like B+C~C/D>236A~Cx5~C~D and build an extra meter out of it.  ( http://youtu.be/ydO2wN0LKo4 something lulzy with it) (https://youtu.be/XM5f2EoNIkk haha!) 

I saw a thing about Akihiko being able to do a SB glitch with 214B>SB hook (but it comes out as SB AoA apparently lol) , the only connection i could think of between that and S labs was whiff cancel on the earliest frame = SB glitch, so I tried to see if Naoto can with Fangs/Aim>SB aim i got it once but i wasnt looking at my meter and noticed that was going on so not sure if possible ;_; but if it is it could be nifty

D trap looks back to vanilla levels in terms of recovery and startup. Is it just me?

D trap looks back to vanilla levels in terms of recovery and startup. Is it just me?

It's not just you. Thankfully, that appears to be a change in 2.0 so we'll be able to throw out D traps like vanilla again. (Or at least something extremely similar). It stunk that after buffing D trap in p4au they made it way more dangerous to use b/c of the super high recovery this game compared to vanilla.

There is a god......and it doesn't just look out for GG players! P R A I S E B E

I'm definitely really late to the party here, but I watched a lot of high level matches in offstream top 16 at Evo, and was really inspired to try again with Naoto and Persona. I know 2.0 is out there and will come to the states eventually (I hope). I just wanted to introduce myself and find out where to learn Naoto/Persona basics. I am familiar with the OS metagame, so I guess I'm mainly looking for Naoto resources, but anything is good really.

I'm definitely really late to the party here, but I watched a lot of high level matches in offstream top 16 at Evo, and was really inspired to try again with Naoto and Persona. I know 2.0 is out there and will come to the states eventually (I hope). I just wanted to introduce myself and find out where to learn Naoto/Persona basics. I am familiar with the OS metagame, so I guess I'm mainly looking for Naoto resources, but anything is good really.

You're in luck. Doonpa was recently kind enough to fill out Naoto's Wiki. It has a very detailed explanations about what her individual tools are good for, tips and tricks for neutral as well as links to evernotes with combos you should know. It would be a great place to start.