Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru/Shadow Mitsuru info - Loketest Discussion

Since all the other characters have a thread for this, I figured why not make one too. Please post any information regarding Mitsuru and her shadow here. I'll do my best to update the original post as we gather info.

I'd like to give an Enormous thanks to Stunedge and all the others who have been keeping us up to date in Japan. I'd also like to thank Antiquarian, and everyone else who has contributed by helping organize the massive amount of information we've been receiving. Lastly, thanks Omex for helping translate so much stuff. I'm sorry if I'm forgetting anyone. Thanks for all the help guys!

~~~

Dengeki Article for Mitsuru

~~~

Third Loketest Information Below. Much of it will be shamelessly copy/pasted from Omex's translation notes HERE

From Translation Notes:

"B Droit > 2A = still gone

B droit has become slower

Lots of moves have increased recovery, like j.c and marin karin

Recovery after throw has been reduced(?)

Throw 5AA5B2B C Bufu 4B B Droit = 2740

FC Combo seems to be the same

Yukiko still can’t punish Mitsuru DP before she lands

Droits are Fatal Recovery

Sweep still does not Fatal

2B Ch may be different than it is in current rev (more floaty?)

droit now becomes super fast if it goes through D BUfula, freezes on hit

rumor: 5a lower hitbox strengthened (does not whiff certain chars crouching, etc)

[5B] > Dash cancel is advantageous for Mitsuru.

236236AB kick does 4800 at full charge

Raw B Setsuna > C > D > Charged kick did ~3900

Mitsuru 5A backstep cancel might be in (rumor)

High air hit b droit > 2A pickup might be possible (rumor)

Before last hit 5AAA can be canceled into B and C moves. (iirc, it’s a millionstab esque normal that looks like setsuna) Last hit can only go into C moves.

2B’s head invuln may start up slower now

SB Mahabufudyne has long invuln, short recovery

236236AB may have 236236A startup with B setsuna damage.

B Droit > D Bufu did not combo

Tentarafoo seems ot have very little recovery

SB Tentarafoo seems to be an ‘STG” character counter tool. (shooting game? zoners? ww) Seems to be good for beating Aigis 2B and Yukiko fans

j.D’s pullin speed and range has been increased, can combo after with 5a depending on spacing

Most FC combos from current ver still work"

~~~

SECOND LOKETEST INFORMATION BELOW.

ShardZ was able to attend the Taito Station loketest in Osaka. I firmly believe that this is the best set of information available so far. Shamelessly copy/pasted from ShardZ post (with permission), thanks!

Hey guys, I'm a Mitsuru player from the Detroit area who's currently studying abroad in the Kansai region. I had the pleasure of playing.. probably 25~30 matches of P4PEOPLE'SELBOW at the Taito Station loctest in Osaka, so here's what I got out of it:

MITSURU

5A - Seems the same, CH 5A > sweep still combos etc.

5B - Also seems the same. Didn't know to check for the dash cancel FFFFFFFF

5C - Only change I noticed was the dash cancel. Both forward & backdash seem to work for every 3 hits, but sometimes neither would come out and I'm not sure why.

5D - Seemed similar to before, but I think the opponent's trajectory after getting hit by 5DD was a bit different.

2A - Didn't notice a difference but I didn't test much.

2B - Didn't notice a difference, would've liked to test it more to see how it feels in an actual match.

2C - Seemed the same, didn't check the total meter drain amount. Still 4 meter/tick and Mitsuru still gets meter when the opponent has 0, super meters flash every tick to indicate the drain.

2D - 2D first hit only works different, instead of dropping straight down the opp arcs backwards so it doesn't seem viable for combos, including corner 2ABD not working 'cause the opponent can tech earlier/higher. 2DD whips the opponent towards Mitsuru and ground slides, great for comboing if they land in front of her but if they fly over her it seems hard to follow up without a corner to keep them close. At certain spacings the 2nd hit of 2DD would whiff, definitely seemed touchier than P4U.

j.A - Same.

j.B - Same, although I didn't confirm if j.B RC j.B land 5A still works on crouching opponents. The couple times I tried it it didn't combo, but I might've just screwed it up due to rust.

j.C - Same? Wishing I tested CH j.C more.

j.D - Seemed the same, still can do j.DD > 2DD for a combo.

Autocombo - Shadow Mitsuru autocombo seemed the same as P4U, but I spent way more time with normal Mitsuru's new autocombo. I got the impression the new autocombo is considerably stronger and more useful than the old. 5AAAAA = same old 5A, a lowish slash (IIRC old loctest notes said 2nd hit was too low to juggle, not true anymore), lunges forward with several quick stabs, A Droit, A Myriad Arrows. 2nd and 3rd attacks have lots of cancel options (unlike old autocombo 4th & 5th attacks IIRC), builds 30ish meter, 3rd hit LUNGES FORWARD. GUYS. IT LUNGES FORWARD. AND THERE'S TONS OF CANCEL OPTIONS. 5AAA 6, 5AAA 5C, etc. u gaiz.

AoA - Still has the same hilariously obvious and slow startup so I didn't test it much.

Sweep - Pretty sure this is no longer FCH, otherwise still seems just as strong as before. Wish I could've specifically tested to make sure it low profiles the same way it used to, though.

Throws - Ground throw seems the same, couldn't confirm if CH airthrow still leads to a combo.

B+D - Same, not sure if it was easier to punish but otherwise I noticed no changes.

[4]6+A/B - A & SB drills seem the same as before. Meaty A drill > 5A on crouching opp still combos. As mentioned before, B drill > 2A only combos after a FCH. Charged B drill seems to always go max distance, uncharged the same flexibility as before.

[2]8+C/D - C Bufula similar to before, might move faster/further? D ver, as mentioned, appears further out and moves towards Mitsuru, only hits once. SB ver maybe the same? Saw a Kanji get juggled for all 5 hits on top of it so maybe it moves faster now.

[4]6+C/D - The new move, ice sorta-reppuken that travels along the ground. Doesn't seem to hit off the ground at all and has somewhat laggy startup & recovery, but it causes confuse and I'm 99% sure it hits low. C ver goes about 2/3 or 3/4 of the screen length, D goes a bit further, and SB full screen. Round start 5A > C ver is awesomely obnoxious.

236236A/B - Seems pretty much the same. SB ver does 50 hits.

236236C/D - Maybe the same, not sure if they're still air blockable. SB ver is slower than D ver, since it's so huge if it's air UB there'll be lots of potential for silly air resets.

214214C/D - Same? Didn't use much or see other Mitsurus really experiment with it.

Shadow Overdrive - Based on the little bit of experimentation I did I'm thinking we'll see some challenge 30-esque SB droit combos.

Combostuffs:

5 2A+B [4]6A+B 2AB [2]8C 5 2A+B [4]6B 236236D - easily 4k+ dmg, again must use SB droit instead of B ver and 2ABD in place of 2AB [2]8C no longer works

2DD 5 2B 2DD > ??? (2.4k)

Not sure how to combo off 5C air hit dash cancel, maybe off CH?

5AAA 6B 5[C] [4]6A 236236x still works

Midscreen FCH 52C 5 2B 2DD, not sure of optimal route from there

Here is a google doc made by Omex where he is organizing several metric tons of information. As I update this post with info from the second loketest, I will be referencing it a lot. THANKS OMEX!

If I'm unsure how to interpret some information or if it hasn't been translated, then I wont include it here. In some cases below, I just copied and pasted information from the google doc.

Buffs

• 5B is now forward dash cancel-able
  • 5C is forward dash cancel-able every third hit, backdash cancel-able every sixth hit
  • 5C > dash-cancel allows for a combo on air hit
  • Shadow Mitsuru auto combo gets around 35% meter
  • Tentarafoo looks hellastrong(™)。With this, mitsu could look to catch jumps way more often。Dial A (auto-combo?) > Tentarafoo comboed

Nerfs
    • Damage Nerf, nothing unexpected. "no longer able to do over 5k damage unless you’ve successfully beaten fire emblem 4"
    • B droit normal hit > 2A doesn't work anymore (Still works on fatal counter)
    • *rumor* cannot hold 4 to make b droit travel less distance, cannot control the distance as well
    • *rumor* cannot cancel [5B] into anything but droit?

Other
      • Her new Tentarafoo move is in fact the ice wave mentioned in previous loketest notes.
      • Shadow mitsu is a weak, cute type of girl?
      • 2DD is "really cool!" (whatever that means)

~~~

FIRST LOKETEST INFORMATION BELOW, TAKE IT ALL WITH A GRAIN OF SALT

*****I would like to emphasize that this is the first loketest. The current state of the game does NOT represent the finished product we will end up getting. Most likely, the balancing and end result will be differ significantly from what we know now.

Buffs:
        • New move: Tentarafoo, confuses opponent. Performed with [4]6C/D
        • New move: ground ice wave projectile.
        • Bufudyne appears to come out faster.
        • D Bufula travels roughly half screen distance.
        • New Auto Combo (Buff? probably, since her previous one was decent at best)
        • 2DD now causes slide, side swaps and followup combos presumably easier
        • SB Bufudyne takes up roughly 3/4 of the screen
        • Specific B Normals can be canceled by holding down the button long enough.
        • Sweep is hop cancel-able on block. Hop > j.B is relatively fast.
        • AoA faster? (rumored, not confirmed)
        • Possible for new autocombo to combo start to finish on air hit.
        • 5C is dash/back-dash cancel-able.

Nerfs:

[*]Possible major damage nerf. Jiyuna tweeted "Hahah. Mitsuru standard corner bnb with Air mirror and Super ender....3100 damage."

[*]If her DP is blocked, she slows down and is easily punishable.

[*]2B is slower.

[*]Can no longer combo off 2D (this could mean that you can't pick them up as they fall after the freeze)

[*]D follow up doesn't pull as far (Not sure how this will affect combos)

[*]Second hit of auto combo is lower. (Confirmed now that this makes 5AA > 5B air combos impossible, so this is a bad thing.)

[*]5AA > 5B combo no longer works on an airborne opponent (Dang...)

[*]Coup Droit B is "much shorter"

[*]Coup Droit A is "slower"

[*]Bufudyne is smaller

[*]Invuln changes to 2B and sweep (Assuming this is a bad thing)

[*]DP range shortened / DP hitbox changed (assuming smaller)

[*]Droit hitbox is smaller (assuming smaller vertical hitbox, will catch airborne opponents less)

[*]Bufudyne no longer air unblockable.

Other

[*]Blocked DP > Super still in.

[*]Mitsuru still has 4 cards

[*]CH air throw combos still in!

[*]CH j.C functions the same.

[*]2B > 2DD > 4B > 2B > C Bufu > 5B > sweep > b droit = stable

[*]5B is still a fatal counter.

[*]Her B normals can still be held.

[*]Sweep still fatals.

[*]Standard 5AA > 6B > sweep crouch confirm still works.

[*]It seems like corner fatal combos are possible, very similar if not identical to what's currently possible.

[*][5B] still crumples on fatal counter.

[*]2B doesn't combo in current corner combo.

[*]Tentarafoo might not hit while opponent is frozen.

[*]2A chains into itself 3 times (2AAA still works)

[*]5D and j.D still combo, just in a different way.

General/Universal Information (regarding all characters and the game as a whole):

[*]Shadow type characters carries meter over the round. Shadow characters have no burst and awakening. Shadow berserk mode is like OC from SF (Stunedge twitter)

[*]Guardroll added. (Thanks Omex)

[*]Air moves can now be used after backdash, seems like it's confirmed for all characters now. (Thanks Omex)

[*]Whiffed DPs are not fatal counterable by all moves. False rumors

[*]Damage seems significantly lower for ALL characters, not just Mitsuru

[*]Normals used while short-hopping are not overheads (Looks that way)

[*]All characters appear to have short-hop cancelable moves

[*]Attacks can be performed quicker after short-hopping than in p4a

[*]projectile invul from 1st frame for QE, Naoto trap, Yukiko agi, Mitsuru Bufula oki can all be dodged by wakeup QE *Stunedge

[*]recovery time after counter hit on air gets shorter for every characters (e.g. Naoto 5A anti-air, Yukiko 2B counter hit) *Stunedge

[*]AoA hit on air can be recovered very fast, no more guaranteed knockdown *Stunedge

[*]S hold system, holding A button for while will automatically activate some skill which is slightly different than the regular one (e.g. Yukiko will activate C maharagi with invul time *Stunedge

[*]

Shadow Mode

- everybody has shadow mode except for shadow labrys and Elizabeth

- all shadow characters attack lowered by x0.8 time compared to normal mode

- shadow berserk mode costs 100 meter

- shadow characters can activate awakening super anytime by spending 100 meter

- using super during shadow berserk mode will shorten the activation time a lot (you can pretty much only do 3~4 super)

- opponent can burst out during shadow berserk (unlike BBCP OD)

- all shadow characters have the same autocombo move from current version of P4U, not the new one

• Mitsuru still has 4 Persona cards.
  • New move: confuses opponent.
  • If her DP is blocked, she slows down and is easily punishable.
  • Bufudyne appears to come out faster.
  • New move: ground ice wave projectile.
  • 2B is slower.
  • Second hit of auto combo is lower.
  • Blocked DP > Super still in.

Some LK Tweets:

• D Bufula travels roughly half screen distance
    • New Auto Combo
    • Can no longer combo off 2D (assuming this means you can't pick them up as they fall after freeze)
    • D followup doesn't pull as far
    • 2DD now causes slide, side swaps and followup combos presumably easier
    • 2B > 2DD > 4B > 2B > C Bufu > 5B > sweep > b droit = stable
    • 5AA5B combo no longer works on an airborne opponent
    • Coup Droit B is "much shorter"
    • Coup Droit A is "slower"
    • Bufudyne is smaller
    • SB Bufudyne takes up roughly 3/4 of the screen
    • Invuln changes to 2B and Sweep
    • CH Air Throw combos still in
    • CH j.C functions the same
    • Droit hitbox is smaller (assuming smaller vertical hitbox, will catch airborne opponents less)
    • DP hitbox changed (assuming smaller)

Thanks Antiquarian! Updated the main post with your info.

No problem, I've been gathering as much as I could for her changes from multiple sources. Just tossed up more stuff from the Twitterverse! :)

EDIT: Alright I think for the most part that is going to be all we get for tonight. I will scour for more information tomorrow and post anything that comes up. Have a good night everyone, #P4U2HYPE!

I think I'm gonna catch some sleep and update this again tomorrow. Thanks for all the help thus far.

It seems like They really wanted to Nerf Mitsuru. I'm willing to withhold judgement for now though. It's possible that she might gain a lot too, so we'll just need to wait until we see some footage.

Hopefully we get some more information on her shadow soon. I'm really curious.

edit: OK I can't sleep. Made a few more changes to the OP, also including some general information about the shadow versions of all characters.

It also seems that some of the other shadow characters have unique moves and combo paths. This makes me really curious to see what shadow mitsuru can do.

edit: Made some more updates to the original post. I'm content for the moment. Need sleep, for realzies this time.

I must say, Shadow Mitsuru looks incredibly demented. I'm scared in love with her all over again.

I'm really hoping that there's a noticeable difference between Mitsuru and SMitsuru (Smit-Soo-Roo, lol). More than anything else, I just don't want her to be the EXACT same character. Change is exciting (for me at least).

i don't understand teh point of tentarafoo... it's not like she had much L/R mixup to begin with, so i don't see how confusing the opponent helps her. are tentarafoo and the ground ice wave projectile the same thing? i vaguely recall someone tweeting taht mitsuru's tentarafoo was a puddle on the ground

i don't understand teh point of tentarafoo... it's not like she had much L/R mixup to begin with, so i don't see how confusing the opponent helps her. are tentarafoo and the ground ice wave projectile the same thing? i vaguely recall someone tweeting taht mitsuru's tentarafoo was a puddle on the ground

Not sure how any of these moves will work in an actual match yet. It's just too early to tell. With any luck, this might mean that they are planning on giving her some form of Left-Right mixup. or maybe it'll just end up being a wasted move, lol.

Not sure how any of these moves will work in an actual match yet. It's just too early to tell. With any luck, this might mean that they are planning on giving her some form of Left-Right mixup. or maybe it'll just end up being a wasted move, lol.

Here's my version of L/R mix-up. She does sweep too early during a combo and crosses under the opponent with a feint.

Courtesy of Omecross:

ロケテ美鶴③

・Sweep fatal confirmed

・5AA>6B>sweep crouch confirm works

・Sweep(blocked)>hop cancel>JB possible。comment afterwards i'm not sure, 'of course, not without ___? auto combo...?) (連ガでは勿論無し)

・Hop cancel>JB is relatively fast

・5Bfc>sweep>B droit>2A >5C > charge 6B>charge 2B> 2D> charge 4B>足 >C bufu> charge4B> sweep>Bdroit can combo(? the last comment is something like 'last droit will combo', which seems a little odd but i don't know mitsu combos.). (で最後のBドロ繋がらず)

That last line makes it sound like 2D combos still work off a fatal starter.

Thanks Jyosua and Omex. Main post updated.

hop canceling sweep seems like it could be very good. I'm hoping it can't just get mashed out of though.

Yeah, that sounds like we get some nice overhead mixup. I've also heard AoA is faster, but I'm not sure about that.

Yeah, that sounds like we get some nice overhead mixup. I've also heard AoA is faster, but I'm not sure about that.

I thought it was stated that normals performed during hops were not overheads?

"A significant change from the previous version is that you can now cancel normal moves into Hops. Since you can do normal attacks from a Hop, incorporating Hop cancels in close-range fights adds a new level of strategy. While normal attacks from Hops aren’t overhead, you can now moves from Hops slightly easier than before, making them easier to use as a counter to throws." - Translated from the original Famitsu article.

I thought it was stated that normals performed during hops were not overheads?

That's news to me. What would be the point?

Edit: Ah, that's interesting. Are we sure that's a system change and not them misunderstanding? If it's true, you can actually cancel using hops in more than one place, but the move won't be an overhead. I wonder what happens if you hop normally without it cancelling a move, since they were definitely overheads in the last game.

That's news to me. What would be the point?

Stated as "additional counter play to throws". Edited last post with quote and source.

Hop canceling sweep might be used to continue pressure, even if it might not work as mixup. Regardless of how it's used, it's always nice to have options.

Yeah definitely, not saying it's useless just saying it won't be used for high/low mixups.

It might be a nice way to maintain gapless pressure too, I hope.