Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solless

[P4AU] General Discussion

No idea yet on challenge 25. But you guys know what bugs me? I saw this really cool variation of autocombo that did like 2.1k by itself: 5AAAAAAA>4B>6B>4/6D>2C. You got lvl5 2C and also you could sideswap if you wanted to. But then I learned it worked on Narukami only -______-

Challenge 25, eh? Well here it is if you wanna know:

LvL.5 4A+B > 8A+B > 4 > 8B > 5C > OMB > 5C > 2A > 5B > 2B > j.B (One hit) > j.214B > 6C > 2A > 6A> 236236Bx2

Hard to say. He got some buff but also quite a few annoying nerfs. Sonic punch alone is a fantastic improvement to his pressure game. Generally he seems much more difficult to play this time around so it might take a while for people to get comfortable with his new stuff (I'm definitely having a hard time adapting myself). I have a feeling he'll end up about the same with improved pressure and damage off certain things but lots of little nerfs that add up.

Sounds great. I'm glad Aksy didn't just copy past him. 

Challenge 25, eh? Well here it is if you wanna know:

LvL.5 4A+B > 8A+B > 4 > 8B > 5C > OMB > 5C > 2A > 5B > 2B > j.B (One hit) > j.214B > 6C > 2A > 6A> 236236Bx2

oh goodie thanks i'll try this later and about this > 6C > 2A > 6A> is that supposed to be 6c > 4a > 6a?

oh goodie thanks i'll try this later and about this > 6C > 2A > 6A> is that supposed to be 6c > 4a > 6a?

yeah that's 6C>4A>6A. Tried it and got the 10k combo  :)

Whoops my fault. Yeah that 2A is a 4A, I'm sorry.

I was in the lab revamping some of my vanilla fatal combos when I came up with this. Tell me what you guys think:

5B > 5C > OMB > 236C > 4B > 4D > 8B > 4D > 6C > B+D > 5B > 2B > j.B (One hit) > j.214.B > 6C > 4A > 6A > 236236B > 236236A+B.

Does a little over 8k dmg. I feel it should do more since you're sacrificing a burst.

The fruits of my training time so far.  Probably not all optimal, most of it I just figured out myself based on what I kind of remembered seeing done in japanese matches.  Wrote it up quick so there may be some mistakes

midscreen

5AAAAAA 8A 4B 8B 4D 2C OR 6B (character specific)

5AA 5B (2B) 236A 8A 4A 6A/B

5AA 5B 2B 236A+B 4B 8B 4A 8A 6B 236236B (have to input the super facing the same direction you started, and wait a moment for them to bounce back closer to you)

5B fatal 236B 4B 8B 4A 8A 6B 236236B (babbymode FC combo, only do this if you autopilot into 236B or if you know that it will be enough to kill and you want a virtually undroppable babbymode combo)

5B (fatal) 236C 4B 6C B+D 2B j.B 5B 2B superjump j.B(1 hit) j.214B 6C 8B 4C 4A 8A 2C 236236B (midscreen you need to execute the super right after the 2C slams them to the ground or it will whiff)

5B (fatal, opponent in the air) j.B 2B j.B 5B 2B superjump continue fatal counter combo as normal.  I feel like there is definitely potential for improvement here

any hook fatal counter: 6C B+D and do the 5B fatal counter combo from that point

5C OMC 2A 5B j.B 2A 236A 6B

5C counterhit dash (2A) 5B j.B 5B j.B 2A 236A 6B

j.C counterhit 236C 6A

j.C counterhit 236A+B 6A/B

2B counterhit jump back airdash j.B 5B j.B 5B j.B 2A 236A 6B

j.A counterhit JC j.A j.B j.214A

j.A counterhit land 5A 2B superjump j.A j.B j.214A

j.A counterhit, [wait just a moment for j.A to recover] airdash j.B 5AAAAAA 8A 4B etc into the character specific combo listed above

j.A counterhit airdash j.B 5B j.B 5B j.B 2A 236A 6B

AoA mash C launcher j.A j.B j.215A

corner

5AA 5B (2B) 236A 8A 4A 8A 4A 6A/B (omit the last hook and use A corkscrew if you don't want to bounce them out of the corner)

5B sweep 236A delay 8A 4B 8B 4D 6B 214C 6B (this works off of 5A but you have to input exactly 5A 5B sweep, no 5AA 5B, no 5A 5B 2B, etc.  Timing is a bitch on some characters, Aigis has been the hardest of any character I've tested)

5B fatal: same as midscreen, you can delay the super a little bit in the corner so they drop lower and you get a tiny bit of extra damage

5AA 5B 2B 236A+B same combo as midscreen

5C OMC 2A 5B j.B 2A 236A 8B 4C 4A 8A 2C 236236B

5C counterhit dash (2A) 5B j.B 2A 236A 4B 8B 6C 4A 8A 2C 236236B

j.C counterhit dash (2A) 5B j.B 2A 236A 4B 8B 6C 4A 8A 2C 236236B

j.A counterhit 5B j.B 5B j.B 2A 236A 4B 8B 6C 4A 8A 2C 236236B

AoA non-fatal D ender 236A 8A 2C

AoA fatal D ender 236B 4B 8B 6C 4A 8A 2C 236236B

edit: throw combos

I use these same combos

LVL0: C+D>8A>4A>6A/B
LVL1: C+D>8A>6A/B
LVL2: C+D>8A>6A/B
LVL3: C+D>8B>4>6C>4A>8A>2C
LVL4: C+D>8B>4C>4>6C>4A>8A>2C
LVL5: C+D>4>8B>4D>6C>4A>8A>2C

notes

C duck and C weave are interchangeable in some corner combos, especially combos that use stuff > C duck/weave > 4A 8A

anytime you are uncomfortable with how low the opponent drops in 5B j.B loops and are afraid the next 5B might whiff you can always do something like 5A/2A 2B superjump into an air combo and end in j.214A

EX duck crossup

works from:

5AA 214C 6C+D 8A 4A 8A 6B super OR 5B j.B j.214A (some characters don't need the 214C because they are wide enough to get hit by 8A 4A 8A 4A 6B midscreen, I don't remember who they are though (maybe Kanji?) but it's probably rare)

anytime you do any sonic punch version in a blockstring it seems to work, even if you just do 236A 8A  6C+D 8A etc you should still build enough cyclone to get the fatal counter corkcrew

crossup does not seem to work off any hook ever, and I have yet to find a reset that works (i.e. doing a combo with hooks/sonic punches and using EX duck to crossup for a new combo).
rip my favorite P4A reset: grab > A hook > EX duck

For SP Duck crossup I do: 236A>8A>6C+D>4A(combo starts here)>8A>6B>5B>j.B>5AA>2AB>236A>6B   3.8k

Using the quoted combo as a base, you can also end it with 5AA 2B superjump j.A j.B j.214A to knock them down right next to you, does ~100 less damage

PS why don't we have a combo thread yet

Good stuff Effenhhog!

For SP Duck crossup I do: 236A>8A>6C+D>4A(combo starts here)>8A>6B>5B>j.B>5AA>2AB>236A>6B   3.8k

Another fun thing to do is put 5D out, and if you get a blockstring going, do killrush and (8A>4A)xN as long as 5D lasts. You get some nice chip damage, and if you successfully get a mixup  (AOA, throw, 6C+D etc.) well, it adds up.

The fruits of my training time so far.  Probably not all optimal, most of it I just figured out myself based on what I kind of remembered seeing done in japanese matches.  Wrote it up quick so there may be some mistakes

midscreen

5B sweep 236A delay 8A 4B 8B 4D 6B 214C 6B (this works off of 5A but you have to input exactly 5A 5B sweep, no 5AA 5B, no 5A 5B 2B, etc.  Timing is a bitch on some characters, Aigis has been the hardest of any character I've tested)

i saw something like this on a combo video one time tried doing it i cried every time i do the last part 214C>6B to make the character in the corner again any tips on this?

Also the 4B < 8B < 4D/6D 2C auto combo works on Adachi, ran into one in the Arcade lobby last night and tested it on him.

Props to you Effenhoog! I'll be using these for sure to improve my Aki game dude. 

For the AoA D Fatal ender - you can start it off with j.B > 5B and continue the combo normally.

i saw something like this on a combo video one time tried doing it i cried every time i do the last part 214C>6B to make the character in the corner again any tips on this?

You just have to wait for the first 6B to recover all the way before inputting the 214C, and make absolutely sure you are using C weave and not C duck as it is too slow for the combo to work on most characters

Also try to hit them high with the lvl5 6B, giving you more time to 214C>6B when they are bouncing back

I played a lot of Yukari matches yesterday, I think getting used to the new j.A counterhit confirms is going to be important.  Even if it's just a babby combo into j.214A, if you don't confirm into a knockdown she can just tech away from you and start playing keepaway all over again.

This seems good, although after messing with it I find I prefer to end it with 5AA 2B superjump aircombo into j.214A to knock them down right next to you.  Does 100 less damage or so but I like to keep positioning whenever I can.

I'll update my other post with it (any any other useful combos or information people contribute) until a mod makes a proper thread or starts keeping a post updated somewhere.  Do we even have an active mod anymore?  I kind of remember Skye saying he was going to switch to Sho or something

I played a lot of Yukari matches yesterday, I think getting used to the new j.A counterhit confirms is going to be important.  Even if it's just a babby combo into j.214A, if you don't confirm into a knockdown she can just tech away from you and start playing keepaway all over again.

Do we even have an active mod anymore?  I kind of remember Skye saying he was going to switch to Sho or something

Yea that Yukari was my lil brother amentoramen. I was watching. lol He would have fought more but parents were calling him. Fighting him with Sanada-san is pretty annoying. :P But you're right that maintaining position is important especially for this match since her defensive options are lacking. Plus when you knock her far she can do reversal Magarula on wakeup for free advantage and mixup if she has the meter.

Kinda sucks we're lacking a moderator. What does it take to be one?

I am tentatively giving Sho the title of new most annoying Akihiko matchup.  His normals have massive range advantage, are quick, and unlike say Mitsuru 5A duck/weave doesn't seem to work.  he doesn't seem to have that much health though so hurt him a lot when you finally have the chance.

Persona Sho's teleport attack is super annoying but can be beat cleanly by 2B, although the timing is kind of finicky and it's easy to mistime it and whiff 2B and get hit, trade and lose the punish, or do it too late and just get hit.  If you do manage to 2B it the move has fatal counter status and you can do something like 2B (fatal)  jump back airdash j.B 5B (or 2B) j.B 5B 2B superjump j.B(1) j.214B etc for the normal 5B fatal counter combo, does over 5.5k as I recall, so be sure to practice 2Bing it and getting the combo a bit in training mode,  I believe the input is 236C/D.  You can also counterhit him with j.A but you have to call it out way harder and don't get nearly as much damage

Minazuki's 5A alone makes the match-up annoying, although I'm not experimented enough to really decide if the MU is bad or not. 214 A > corkscrew is fine from time to time to prevent 5A mashing . I sometime uses Dp when he pressures and cancel with 236236 C/D in case he safe jumps. His Dp can be Boomerang Hook SB'ed, but it seems it doesn't work on his super awakening, I usually bait it with D Weave when I pressure him, if he uses it I ever DP the second hit or mazyodine in it. His Mouto Mouto Dayo super can be punished from far away with kill rush SB.

As someone who also subs PerSHOna I agree. I have more trouble with SHOlo than anything cause I'm not used to SB Flash Fang and 2C, the latter especially since it's like +6 on block and you can only reversal it BEFORE the move comes out.

Iirc, Dacidbro should be your new moderator. All of you go spam his pm inbox if you want anything done.

What are you guys doing off a CH 2b? I just do the jump back air dash B 5B j.B 5B j.B auto combo

midscreen: basically what you posted

near corner: 2B (ch) jump back airdash j.B 5B j.B 5B j.B 2A 236A 4B 8B 6C 4A 8A 2C super

I usually leave out the bolded part because weird stuff can happen when you try to do 5B loops and the damage difference is minimal. You can also insert a 2A before the first 5B if you think your airdash j.B is too low and the combo will work if you omit the bolded part so i just leave it out by default and cover all my bases.

midscreen you can also do jump back airdash j.B land 5AAAAA 8A 4B 8B 4D 6B/2C route on the characters that it works on like Narukami, with super does over 4.6k.  it's a little wonky but I wish this was a standard route on everyone, midscreen damage is a lot worse off a lot of stuff midscreen without it.

speaking of Narukami, it recently came to my attention that 2C > level 5 236236B does not combo on him midscreen, like in the standard fatal counter combo.  Or maybe I'm bad and just can't get it to work.  Looking for a fix to this, I learned that you can modify the combos to end in B corkscrew instead, which actually does a little bit more damage (~6400)

So taking the original FC combo (the one I've been using anyway):

5B (fatal) 236C 4B 6C B+D 2B j.B 5B 2B superjump j.B(1 hit) j.214B 6C 8B 4C 4A 8A 2C 236236B (6356 dmg in the corner with slightly delayed super timing to get maximum hits)

5B (fatal) 236C 4B 6C B+D 2B j.B 5B 2B superjump j.B(1 hit) j.214B 6C 8B 4C 4A 6B 236236B  (6414 dmg)

As a side benefit, since doing level 5 super typically sideswaps them out of the corner, even when you are doing a corner FC combo you can use this route and 6B will knock them behind you and the super will put them back in the corner.  However, getting the 6B > super to connect midscreen can be a bit fiddly because the angle they bounce back from is closer than what i am used to with other 6B > super combos, sometimes they go over your head or only get hit by the first hit or two of the super if you delay too much.

You can also use this alternate route with similar combos like AoA combos, if only for keeping them in the corner after the super:

AoA fatal D ender 236B 4B 8B 6C 4A 8A 2C 236236B

AoA fatal D ender 236B 4B 8B 6C 4A 6B 236236B

speaking of Narukami, it recently came to my attention that 2C > level 5 236236B does not combo on him midscreen, like in the standard fatal counter combo.  Or maybe I'm bad and just can't get it to work.  Looking for a fix to this, I learned that you can modify the combos to end in B corkscrew instead, which actually does a little bit more damage (~6400)

I tested the 2C > level 5 236236B and it works. The trick is to have it come out as soon as he gets slammed. Like near instantly. Heck, I still find myself messing it up and getting punished to Hell.