Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bizarro

Dizzy vs Millia

Yeah, Millia is a bitch. A scrub used her today at my college. The j.HS seems to take priority over almost all your air normals, her specials give me a lot of trouble - not sure what the notations or names are - those ones where she flicks her hair rapidly and zoning specials were she lays out a spinning disc. Is there any way to punish these? Other than, best I can say is handle it similar to Chipp, except as mentioned Millia has a few more zoning and lockdown techniques so its even more imperative not to get cornered :vbang: Runaway and strong defense seems to be the best way to handle it. I'm know I'm really simplifying it, but...

if the LS whiff, u can always do iad2s->combos, if u block it normaly i sugest u just block and be ready to grab her as it has tons of recovery frame and canceling the moves with Roll and FB stab is wiser for safe get out for her

What I really hate is her oki game. If I'm in the corner, the game is pretty much over as the people I play always seem to have enough tension for FB Disc into quick mixup. Not much I can do to TK Bad Moon FRC into long damaging comboes. =/

Okay, I'm mad. My friend used Millia today and broke my streak with Dizzy. I admit part of the problem is I still haven't gotten used to using FD in the air yet, but that normal where she just smacks her hair down is annoying as hell (2D or SH, not sure?) And that super where she spins out three discs is bothersome; she can like hit confirm that from a k or something. I also have trouble is she gets that green disc out while I'm in the corner. Tips, please?

If the Millia you play doesn't jump after regular disc or even FB disc as a meaty, you can throw her out of it and then proceed with Oki rape. If you can catch her with a IAD Ice Spike combo you'll take out a good chunk of her hp, and try not to summon if you don't have the knockdown. Also, that normal is 6HS. Just my two cents even though I still suck against Millias

If the Millia you play doesn't jump after regular disc or even FB disc as a meaty, you can throw her out of it and then proceed with Oki rape. If you can catch her with a IAD Ice Spike combo you'll take out a good chunk of her hp, and try not to summon if you don't have the knockdown. Also, that normal is 6HS.

Just my two cents even though I still suck against Millias

Nope, you've been quite helpful thanks. :keke:

No Dry Summons, air throw for defense, IAD Ice Spike combo (preferably after lust shaker), guess I need to FD for the 6HS. Got it.

EDIT: Took this from the Millia Guide in that respective forum:

Millia's 6H is a slow, vulnerable attack that causes knockdown if it hits an opponent. The primary use of this move is as an aircombo ender, linked after a connected j.214S.

The only useful gatling to 6H is 6P-6H, which combos and knocks down only if it 6P is a Counter Hit. On block, this gatling is usually safe due to the amount of pushback generated by a blocked 6H, though it can be punished if the enemy IBs. Note that the recovery of 6H is very bad, so every time it connects you should cancel to Roll to close the distance + cut recovery. On a connected 6H in the corner, if you are deep enough then you can also cancel directly to H Disc, which allows for more meaty mixups.

The throw isn't an airthrow, but basically my friend told me that as a casual Millia player, his fear is screwing up the Meaty Normal and FB Discs since I can throw him out of it if he doesn't jump or do something throw invulnerable while standing right next to me. Since you can throw them faster than the disc hits you and your throw lasts long enough to go right through both discs, if the Millia is too slow to set up the Disc meaty you get a free throw, be wary of people who know the KD mixup though, Dizzy has too few options to get out of it.

The throw isn't an airthrow, but basically my friend told me that as a casual Millia player, his fear is screwing up the Meaty Normal and FB Discs since I can throw him out of it if he doesn't jump or do something throw invulnerable while standing right next to me.

Since you can throw them faster than the disc hits you and your throw lasts long enough to go right through both discs, if the Millia is too slow to set up the Disc meaty you get a free throw, be wary of people who know the KD mixup though, Dizzy has too few options to get out of it.

If you're not on KD, how about one-frame jump? Would that allow us to escape and start the situation on neutral?

Any decent Millia won't usually be setting up the Disc within your throw range, and if she does it should be at midscreen only and covered by a throw-bait or throw-evading mixup.

The throw isn't an airthrow, but basically my friend told me that as a casual Millia player, his fear is screwing up the Meaty Normal and FB Discs since I can throw him out of it if he doesn't jump or do something throw invulnerable while standing right next to me.

Since you can throw them faster than the disc hits you and your throw lasts long enough to go right through both discs, if the Millia is too slow to set up the Disc meaty you get a free throw, be wary of people who know the KD mixup though, Dizzy has too few options to get out of it.

You should be more concerned with moves like 6k (which covers almost 1/4 of the screen as an overhead.), 214p (hair car attack, hits low), 2369p (overhead that's like impossible to react to on reaction), 2p/2k (tick throw setups), iad, delayed iad, double airdash (all used as ways to bait/mixup high/low/throw/ options while a disc is set)

Oh shit, I just figured something out - you know the roll Millia does for her famous cross-up and pressure game, which she follows with a throw? I think its not invincible...I knocked her out of it today with a standing k as I saw her do the movement. Any notes on this?

Oh shit, I just figured something out - you know the roll Millia does for her famous cross-up and pressure game, which she follows with a throw? I think its not invincible...I knocked her out of it today with a standing k as I saw her do the movement. Any notes on this?

Correct sir; Millia is quite vunerable during her throw. When I play as Johnny (my main) I can easily throw her out of it. I have not tried this with Dizzy yet though. But I'm sure a well-placed 2K/2P or something can hit her out of it once you see it coming.

Correct sir; Millia is quite vunerable during her throw. When I play as Johnny (my main) I can easily throw her out of it. I have not tried this with Dizzy yet though. But I'm sure a well-placed 2K/2P or something can hit her out of it once you see it coming.

That's helps a lot. Now that I know the motion of her movement, shutting her down on instinct should be a lot easier. Now if only I could keep her from rushing me down....

How useful would you say 6P is against an aggressive Millia?

Millia's roll gets beat by a lot of shit. You really shouldn't see your opponent use it all that much unless they just knocked you down. If you can anticipate it, throw out 2+anything but s and you should catch it.

Millia's roll is hax but also punishable... Its only low stance and passes through object there is no invul in that moves. If millia ever tries rolling out of dizzy's oki just start with 2k. do it 3 more times and that millia player will stop rolling out of oki.