Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Omex

[P4AU] Teddie Loketest Changes & Discussion

hi i don't even play teddie and whatnot but here's some 'what we've seen so far' translation notes, info taken from hochan's twitter and i translated. should be at least 90% accurate ww

http://pastebin.com/Jif4Wwus

5AA not floating is a big deal, wiping away a lot of his FC 2C stuff. Also, longer recovery on the missile means midscreen corner TV combo probably goes away.

I imagine SB teddie circus goes through twice because its not hard to control which direction its coming from. I don't see this being really useful. j.2C seems pointless

Air AoA could be useful. Being able to mix up the item order seems like the best thing here.

Edit: Thanks for doing the work to translate Omex!

These changes seem pretty sweet, I wonder what routes his new auto combo will open up. The item mixup is certainly awesome, defo the best change he has gotten. The nerfs i'm not too bothered about, all I ask is that they give him a second overhead, dammit.

Apparently no one else noticed this but Mystery food X now gives silence instead of poison. Looks like it might actually be useful now.

Apparently no one else noticed this but Mystery food X now gives silence instead of poison. Looks like it might actually be useful now.

It'll be fun hitting people into that one. Hopefully the soda is better too. I wouldn't get our hopes up on having another overhead.

New autocombo doesn't lift, so item oki is nerfed. However, it looks like 5B launches on ground hit, meaning the more damaging combos are still in.

In addition to having an uppercut, there's supposedly a new awakening super where he throws out 5 items at once. Opponent's reaction :vbang:

The changes that aren't in the pastebin:

New Super: Nani Ga Deru Kuma (Is this the super you meant?)

Standing and crouching item throw has different item orders

New items:

Disappearing Robot

Disappears, possibly transparent, then advances forward。Similar to Naoto 5D。

Electric Robot

A robot that will put out multiple shocking barriersheres around itself。Was somewhere around the Car in order

Key Car

Car comes out, goes to Corner and comes back afterwards。Super quick, seems great for neutral。

• 5D item list:Green robot -> SP drink? ->Red robot ->Mystery food X (now inflicts silence)->Air bomb ->VOTOMS (what the f is this?) ->Drum -> Car ->Firecracker

• 2D list: Dry ice -> Smoke bomb -> Ninja? Disappearing robot? -> Rage drink -> Pinwheel -> Electric Robot -> Lightning drum -> Bucket

Buffs

KintokiDouji throws items up higher, harder to see

C Warp is slightly faster

B puppet wallbounces on CH hit? (It was a FC hit at the time, or fear gives some moves wallbounce for teddie)

5B launches on normal hit

Nerfs

-KintokiDouji stays on screen in the corner, making him easier to hit

-Kintokidouji stays out longer after throwing items(?)

-Untech time on CH bat has been reduced

-Startup frames of D missile have not changed, but angle may be slightly different.

-Air C Missile startup is slower

What I've seen so far from the P4U2 footage:

1) Corner combo still works :yaaay:

2) 5B is not backdash cancellable. It can still cancel into an item. I'm not sure if it can still be cancelled into deflate.

3) Teddie screw is apprently safe on block now. The SB version looks much improved with faster startup and longer range.

4) 5AA, 5B looks like its not a safe blockstring now. people are doing 5AA, screw/sweep/puppetteddie. This is a big change and not a good one for us.

5) The new items look useful. The robot and speaker thing cause lots of blockstun and will be deadly in the corner - easy opportunity for teddie circus or maybe something worse. The bike causes spin state on hit, which could allow for some creative and dangerous setups.

6) Since 5AA no longer puts you in a jump state, the FC 2C screw loop no longer works. 2C, 2B, j.A, etc does decent damage, but not as much as before. Fishing for a fatal with that move seems less worth it now unless some better combo is found.

All of this is very early. New stuff is sure to come out as people find optimized combos, setups, etc.

Teddie Screw looks the same on block to me. SB Teddie Screw now has projectile invincibility tho' which is pretty cool.

Kintoki-Douji is now invincible during the wind up animation of [5D] (and [2D] as well I assume) which is great, but makes me question the point of his item throw SP Skill since that lacks invulnerability.

Teddie Screw looks the same on block to me. SB Teddie Screw now has projectile invincibility tho' which is pretty cool.

Kintoki-Douji is now invincible during the wind up animation of [5D] (and [2D] as well I assume) which is great, but makes me question the point of his item throw SP Skill since that lacks invulnerability.

iirc, Yosuke can't punish teddie screw with his 5A, even if he instant blocks. That's a buff there.

What I've seen so far from the P4U2 footage:

2) 5B is not backdash cancellable. It can still cancel into an item. I'm not sure if it can still be cancelled into deflate.

4) 5AA, 5B looks like its not a safe blockstring now. people are doing 5AA, screw/sweep/puppetteddie. This is a big change and not a good one for us.

Well dang, there goes my entire game plan. Time to get working on new neutral game strats.

Well dang, there goes my entire game plan. Time to get working on new neutral game strats.

The neutral game is definitely going to be different. Bat will still cancel into item toss, but that option to backdash was really nice for spacing.

Bat is still cancel-able into deflate, item toss, or sweep. I'm not sure if sweep can still be DPed before the fish hits. The soda still gives 20 SP and looks as worthless as before. In terms of the neutral game, 5AA no longer lifts you off the ground, so it will be a bit easier to do 5AA, crossup IAD, j.B.

Please refrain from posting info unless you're absolutely positive of it.

From the few vids I have seen most of the things you've posted are proven wrong.

Please refrain from posting info unless you're absolutely positive of it.

From the few vids I have seen most of the things you've posted are proven wrong.

I'm watching the footage, although I got wrong that the bat isn't jump cancellable and corrected that. I'm not sure why players aren't doing it then.

Then how can you say 5B is not jump cancellable on hit when I have seen the corner BnB several times?

I got mixed up b/c players weren't using the standard 5AA, bat, IAd, j.A, j.B, sjc, j.A, j.B. The corner combo is a super jump cancel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ke4klGYfiw

No ones posted this yet? Not gonna lie, some of those corner fatals are pretty sweet. Good to see how his new items work as well.

5aaa > jb > optional item drop looks like our new route for item oki, which seems better than before, seeing as it builds more meter.

Also, the corner carry combo using TVs and missiles sticks around. I'm pretty happy with P4U2 Teddie so far. The new items also look strong.

Oh, so you have to activate the hand manually? I'm fine with that, looks like a really nice reversal though. Seems like a much better option than Teddie decoy when you're in the corner. Seeing how you can get a corner combo off as well. Teddie's looking pretty good so far.

@Wiredgod

I'm pretty glad it's still in too, from old data, I thought it wouldn't. hallelujah!