Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Omex

[P4AU] Chie Loketest Changes & Discussion

http://pastebin.com/xp3CNHXz

info from stunedge, translated by me. not listed: supposedly 5C > backdash 5C doesn't work as well, the second 5c doesn't go as far.

chie changes:

new move:

・move similar to yun's lunge punch. can chain into black spot on guard.

changes:

・3 persona cards

・j.bb removed, the second hit can now be done with j.2b

・SB god hand gives 2 god hands hooray

・SB meteors appear behind the opponent, forcing them towards you.

Buff:

・2c's animation changed, and now freezes the opponent on hit.

Nerf:

・DP hasn't changed much, but recovery is now an FC state

・Sweep > 5D changed in a way that the opponent can hit tomoe? (translation iffy; regardless sweep> 5D oki is weak now)

・b skullcracker is harder to combo with/harder to combo off of (colpevole's psure it's harder to combo off of ala instant skullcracker)

・meteors MIGHT not be guaranteed on use? it's not confirmed

・meteors now poop out less meteors

I thought something like that might happen. I guess every character is gonna have the guessing game between 5DD and 2D to counter someone using 5A to hit Tomoe (if they don't change 2D's speed, that is!).

I'm glad someone made the thread because I was going to open it myself tomorrow morning. Instead of leaving her changes as a link you mind posting it in the format of "Buffs, Nerfs, and possibly Neutral" with a list to follow-up after it? It makes it somewhat easier to instantly glance at the changes and simple updates to the first post through each loketest.

EDIT

Chie:

New

*move similar to yun's lunge punch. can chain into black spot on guard. SB version fatals and wallbounces

*j.bb removed, the second hit can now be done with j.2b

*2c's animation changed, and now freezes the opponent on hit.

*SB god hand gives 2 god hands

*SB meteors appear behind the opponent, forcing them towards you.

Nerfs

-3 persona cards

-DP hasn't changed much, but recovery is now an FC state

-b skullcracker is harder to combo with/harder to combo off of

-meteors now shoot out less meteors

-Sweep>5DD no longer gives true guaranteed oki. Can non-tech to get hit out, or possibly hit persona with anyone's 5A?

Unconfirmed

?meteors MIGHT not be guaranteed on use? it's not confirmed

For now all the character changes

A) That says nothing about 2DD.

B) 5DD required delays to hit right, so they could be inputting those delays wrong at the loketest. I find it doubtful they'd make 5DD not work in the corner, though given the Yu nerf, it's possible.

I'm REALLY excited for these changes honestly. I want to see all the interesting things you can do with freeze and lunge punch! And maybe Chie'll have to play more neutral now too, which is good.

I'm starting to question what direction they are starting to take Chie now, between toning down her oki, and nerfing her ability to get in (meteors) it seems like charge combos off 2C are going to be the focal point now.

I'm excited for whatever we get though.

Focal point is going to be setplay, like it always was. You'll just need to be in the corner to get it now.

Universal AoA nerf (AoAs no longer give knockdown on air hit) is gonna hurt Chie more than any of the other nerfs, anyways. That's a lot fewer combos ending in knockdown, unless they revert stuff or a new skill/the new AAA string gives new combo paths.

Focal point is going to be setplay, like it always was. You'll just need to be in the corner to get it now.

Universal AoA nerf (AoAs no longer give knockdown on air hit) is gonna hurt Chie more than any of the other nerfs, anyways. That's a lot fewer combos ending in knockdown, unless they revert stuff or a new skill/the new AAA string gives new combo paths.

actually, AoA nerf isn't that bad at all honestly. Either go into sweep instead and live with no 5/2DD, or do rampage > skull cracker > air 2DD. Pressure has and will remain the name of the game.

I wish to voice an opinion about Chie but mine is not too highly effective like I want her to be, I need more practice. Anyone have an idea when videos will be posted? Should we make a thread for P4C videos?

Anyone have an idea when videos will be posted? Should we make a thread for P4C videos?

There wont be any more videos until the next loketest, and even then there's a chance that no one will manage to record anything useful, or at all. Understandably, ASW doesn't want people seeing much of the game this early in development, so they've been taking down videos of P4C.

If you'd like to see all of the footage we have so far, head over to the P4C video thread here. Kurushii was generous enough to upload them to his own site.

I wish to voice an opinion about Chie but mine is not too highly effective like I want her to be, I need more practice. Anyone have an idea when videos will be posted? Should we make a thread for P4C videos?

Being "highly effective" with Chie is certainly not a prerequisite for voicing opinions about her. Maybe you'll say something and someone will correct you, but so what? It's not a big deal.

It sounds like the best choice for stupid oki with Chie in P4C is to pick S.Chie and do: knockdown -> shadow berserk mode -> all the meteors you want.

Being "highly effective" with Chie is certainly not a prerequisite for voicing opinions about her. Maybe you'll say something and someone will correct you, but so what? It's not a big deal.

It sounds like the best choice for stupid oki with Chie in P4C is to pick S.Chie and do: knockdown -> shadow berserk mode -> all the meteors you want.

shadow berserk burns out in 3 successive awakening supers, for the record.

I wonder if we'll have to double up the character sections for Shadow characters? I really hope not.

I like to think Chie new lunge will at least be plus on block but when I think of other fighters most attacks with that kind of approach has too many draw-backs. Maybe the proration will be insanely good.

Well, chie can already do 3 consecutive meteors in a row if she's at max meter. So, while it can still be effective, I don't think it's much to worry about.

I wonder if we'll have to double up the character sections for Shadow characters? I really hope not.

I feel it's a strong possibility. Simply, normal characters and their shadow counterparts are not the same. As long as certain aspects of their gameplay differ (combos, properties, matchups even if only slightly) then posts applying to one version might not to the other. On the other hand, I do feel that splitting up each character into two separate sections would most likely lower forum activity in one or both of them. I wonder who would make that decision and make the threads, if needed. At the moment, it's not really worth worrying about. Until we see more of the game, it's probably pointless to think about it. Well, that's enough stuff not regarding chie, sorry.

I like to think Chie new lunge will at least be plus on block but when I think of other fighters most attacks with that kind of approach has too many draw-backs. Maybe the proration will be insanely good.

Most moves in this game aren't positive on block, regardless if the opponent instant blocks. It possibly can be like Mitsuru's Coup that spacing can provide advantage if the end part of the active frames hit. I assume unless it has serious startup point blank lunge would be unsafe or near neutral on block, EX lunge I can easily imagine having advantage on block.

Most moves in this game aren't positive on block

You're saying this to the Chie forum.

this character literally has a +12 move, a +6 move, a +1 jab, and that doesn't even begin to count 5DD/2DD

You're saying this to the Chie forum.

Heh, I do tend to forget that. I wasn't considering 5DD since the advantage would be in double digits. That +1 jab was the biggest nonsense for some matchups, I'll hope the lunge doesn't offer similiar free pressure on block.

I don't mind weaker oki honestly, as long as her general pressure remains good, that lunge punch really makes me happy though, and 2C freeze is really gonna change things, it might supply it's own oki options as well, 2C > 5DD? Who knows?