Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adelheid

[P4AU] Shadow Labrys - Loketest Changes/Discussion

S.lab

- turn persona to auto-block mode by holding D buttons for while

- can activate 2C, 8C and 5C from blockmode directly

- persona appears directly on wakeup (aka you can do wakeup punch super)

- can mash 2C during block (2C which was originally 8C)

- Axe 214A move has removed 1st hit, means 5B>214A is no more a guaranteed chain

- AAA does not give knockdown

yeah, so with that fourth last note, it seems like Persona only comes back right after tech and not during or before. Still a great change, having persona block and possibly supers/EX moves right on wakeup, I've just hyped myself too much on the possible Carl-Nee-san tech dynamic that could've been. It would've been terrible, the persona auto-teleports to Slabs right after she's hit lol.

Still rather satisfied with the changes though. Everyone's just getting refined and Slabs didn't seem to outright lose oki or damage like other characters (that one might argue they probably shouldn't have anyway... cough cough) and most other changes need to be clarified with lab time to really be able to judge it either way.

what am I saying, being able to call 5C/8C/2C on block combined with DP spam could mean free safe DPs within certain blockstrings!

oh, also, the Japanese evernote post mentions that EX Titano lets you chain 4 persona moves

As a system chance, AoAs can be teched fairly quickly, they don't give a knockdown anymore. Which, honestly, is a good thing.

Aww...Well if its a system change across the board it can't be helped. I wonder if Shadow Lab will be a mixup with a heavier emphasis on resets with the addition of the anti-air grab. I would be happy to spend meter on EX command grab and air grab if Asterius would wait until I release the button before he does it. I'm imagining long range command grab setups with chain knuckle to catch jumpers or ending combos and using the air grab to catch people that tech in the air.

Has it been confirmed if a followup is possible from the air grab?

Has it been confirmed if a followup is possible from the air grab?

I haven't seen any footage of the air grab at all and don't know any word about it, sorry. I'd presume so, though, since Shabrys herself should be free.

The whole of the notes are up in the OP.

Does anyone know if Shadow labrys will have a burst, or use the special shadow berserk-type mode?

From what I've heard, Shadow labrys is still her own character so Labry's Shadow mode is tied just to normal Labrys. Until heard otherwise Elizabeth and Shadow Labrys do not have Shadow mode so Shadow Lab, or Slab, has the normal mechanics in regards to burst and such.

So does anybody know if LABRYS has Shadow Mode. Cause the changelist said only Elizabeth and current Shadow Labrys do NOT have Shadows. So what about regular Labrys?

So does anybody know if LABRYS has Shadow Mode. Cause the changelist said only Elizabeth and current Shadow Labrys do NOT have Shadows. So what about regular Labrys?

yes, regular labrys has shadow mode. was confirmed by someone picking it so they could mash ex overhead infinites as hard as they could ww

It occurs to me that ground 214X ground ought to allow solo combos to Brutal Impact for when we don't have persona without fatal counter stuff into j.214X. That's cool.

Shadow Labrys

New Content

• From last loketest: Now has an anti air CMD grab, ‘Public Execution’

• Now has Chain Knuckle, does not have 6/4/A/B followups like Labrys’ does.

・Since Chain knuckle has no followups, maybe it’s just for damage?

・SB Chain knuckle wallbounces

• 5[D] will change the bull’s directions.

• Tapping 5D multiple times will put Asterios into an autoblock state

Buff

• C grab does poison. D Grab does silence, CD does fear.

• Sounds cuter on the character select screen, purepure has been alerted

• Now has bull with her on wakeup, can do punch super on wakeup.

• Can mash for persona attacks during gaps in blockstrings

・Damage of all moves has been increased

・The bull’s moves have become quicker, so new things may be possible. Managed to do 5C > Beam.

・2B may be slightly faster?

・Sweep special cancel possible, but guillotine did not combo

Nerf

• 214A/ and j.214A/B no longer have knockdown status? (Unverified)

• j.214AB knocks down

• [4]6D silence lets them burst

• Cannot input Titanomachia consecutively. Amount of moves input during Titanomachia displayed.

・Existing titanomachia combos will not work.

Combo Information

• CH 2C combos are doing 3800 damage with no meter spent.

• j.214A 5C 236C could be possible

• Cannot do anything with short hop j.A

• 5AA 2B and 5AA 214X works 236AB 236C air ender and FC 5B 236B 236C air ender works.

・Dial A goes into Public Execution C. Even works midscreen depending on distance. D version looks like it can set up OkizemeFollowup might be possible?

・Sweep > 8C(Former 2C)Is hard to combo. Maybe easier from guillotine?

・Can do existing combos from 5BFC. However, hitting the second j.B guillotine is unreasonable, so maybe combo into Public Execution?

・Still no wallbounce on DP, so maybe nothing midscreen?

・Public Execution D can wallbounce (but due to sending the opponent backwards/something to that extent, it’s weird to set up? might be like iori’s grab, always throws backwards), so combo is possible

・Dial A > 5C > A Brutal comboed。Damage was around 2900

・Looks like SB Chain Knuckle > Beam works

・Guillotine Series> 8C (former 2C) seems to be possible if done right. only j.a > j.b would work afterwards though?

・5AA > 2B Drop

・5AA > Sweep drop

・Sweep > Chain drop

just dropping the current writeup of the Google Docs here just to spark some life in here!

5[D] changing directions + multiple 5Ds sealing persona block sounds like an awesssoooome buff.

Faster laser will take some getting used to... 5C 236C comboing with current 5C recovery implies a near-instant startup laser... so 5C must have been changed to be closer to Titano's 5C version. Actually, even right now I don't think glitched-Titano persona can combo 5C -> 236C on its own.

I was hoping someone could explicitly state if 214A's first hit is still gone, but sweep special cancel into guillotine not comboing seems to imply that.

5A auto-comboing into new anti-air command grab sounds interesting... perhaps this is the new way to end air combos? regular j.214X also ground bouncing is still workable anyway -- if one completely negates 2C (new 8C) relaunches and goes straight for j.214X 5C oki, which you can still get mixups/pressure off of. Otherwise, if it techs high enough maybe you can make them tech into a meaty (new) 8C.

Also depending on untech time once again, ground bounce off regular 214X/j.214X may imply possible mid-combo Titano activations on top of the possibility of persona-less Brutal Impact combo! Without needing that weird air-turn ground bounce or EX ground guillotine!

edit: oooo anyone else hoping the 5C -> 236C change really means that Asterious can special cancel his normals? one can dream.

This is just wonderful. I'm really excited about D Massive Slaughter giving silence, that's really cool and should lead to good stuff. But the SB giving fear... aaa, so great! And persona moves in general being quicker? I'm super interested in this character, ahaha.

I'm really excited by how this new autocombo stuff, too. This could be really cool.

The way I look at it, she got straight buffed as a character. Titan gets nerfed and she gets more in return which is fine. The guillotine bouncing means nothing since she can still easily set up oki off of other means so long as it stays intact. It's just up to if this all sticks(most likely won't) and if a few other characters are still retarded.

I could see them do another loctest and then a network test before the game is out so expect a lot of this to change imo.

re: discussion, you can go eyeball some blurry footage in the loketest news thread now

Thanks for the shaky cam footage~

But damn, Guillotine groundbounce is high as hell. Definitely gonna allow for some easy follow-ups. And Asterius' moves definitely come out faster. P4U2 Slabrys is looking amazing, really hoping much doesn't get changed between now and the final version.

I'm worried about reliable midscreen knockdown, since I clearly saw j.214 groundbouncing. My hope is that it's only j.214A and not j.214B, but having to use j.214AB for it is kinda sad. But, in the corner, I guess I am pretty excited for the prospects of ending everything in 5C and still getting shadow oki. And I still have yet to see footage of Public Execution so maybe stuff is fine.

Still waiting to see footage of Public Execution, though!

hey, her autocombo didn't change! also, I don't seem to remember this mentioned before but it looks like she has j.BB by itself as well like regular Labrys, yet another tool for ambiguous crossup shenanigans!

Yeah, Asterious looks to be basically his current Titano version as far as startup/recovery of his moves goes which will be fantaaastiiic. At one point the player did 2C -> 214C almost seamlessly. It should be quite certain that you can still get a j.214A 5C knockdown even off a 8C relaunch, or hell, even a 8C relaunch cross-under side-switch right into 5C (for your ambiguous cross-up safe jump setup that I also happen to abuse every chance I get fyi.)

So yeah, definitely a general buff from where I'm standing.

there was a bit of day 1 stream footage of Slabs. From what I could garner:

• all axes definitely ground bounce
  • DP wall bounds rather than bounce on CH
  • Asterious now flashes white upon activating any move
  • I think 5A 5B comboed on standing
  • sweep special cancel is in
  • chain knuckle knocked back at midscreen
  • persona normals didn't seem as particularly fast as in that blurry location test video... seemed normal to me. heh. normal.
  • saw 8C relaunch -> j.214A -> 236C (opponent techs) -> roll for a crossup

unfortunately did not discern/forgot to look for

• the new grab
    • 2C guard mash
    • first hit of 214A
    • did not seem to me like Asterious returns immediately when you tech?

but eh, it's literally hours into day 1. so far, the ground bounce of j.214x looks like you could still pressure with a dashing 5A or perhaps 5A + 8C. but then, while the ground bounce won't knockdown BUT it seems like you'll have more time to use persona moves that aren't 8C for a relaunch so that might have potential as well. damage also feels like it's stronger but screen wasn't hi-res enough to really see any figures.

Asterius' new Anti-Air Grab (Public Execution) is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjwv3_hz4GE 01:06:05

EDIT: Whoops, it's the SB version, which likely explains the three headbutt followups.

SB Buffalo Hammer hits the ground twice. (01:07:06)

Titanomachia has the remaining moves counter displayed and has a regen bar afterwards.

Thought I saw Counter-hit DP wallbounce, but the opponent falls short when flying back after the bounce. (Yep, around 01:06:50, although perhaps the bounce is due to being near the stage end?)