Amadeous

[GGACR] Jam Combo Discussion and Posting Thread

This is the thread for discussing Jam combo theory and finding new combos for the new release of GGACR. Post how to deal with character specific weights and hitboxes, new combo routes you may find, and anything else you can think of that can go in this thread. See next post for list of BnBs and Hitconfirms.

---

Her old routes to get to wall loop really don't work since FBPB isn't wallstick anymore. Anything that was ryujin -> charged ryujin still works, but D Ryujin doesn't have nearly as much untechable time so if they're really high up it doesn't work.

Wall loops are harder to do it feels. You have to be a lot more consistent and tight with your inputs. How you do your loop also depends on what cards you have.

Basic 3 card loop from starting position I've found is like:

cS fS 236D land 6H H dash 5K 2H(1) 6H H dash 5K 2H(1) 6H 236K 214D cS 2H(1) 623D

Works on everyone but Chipp and A.B.A. I've found so far. Faust also needs to be lower on the wall after ryujin to pick him up with 6H. Chipp you drop a rep of the Wall Loop and just go to 236K 214D etc (It still does more damage than on anyone else, RIP Chipp).

ABA specific:

cS fS 236D land 6H cS 2H(1) 6H H dash 5K 2H(1) 6H 236K 214D cS 2H(1) 623D (Does about 200 damage on ABA and still gets knockdown so it's still good).

You can only do the 236D 6H if they land somewhat low on the wall. It's a LOT higher than you'd think it would be, you basically land then IMMEDIATELY do 6H and your hitbox basically hits the bottom of their hurtbox and you get your bounce and do shit. If they're higher than that you can do sjc jS jH 236K 214D land cS 623D for not nearly as much damage but workable.

Without cards you should just be doing her old shit into knockdown/charge card. Sending them high in the air and doing 22D is workable.

There's some new stuff out there for sure using 6H ground bounce/special cancel but I don't know if it's optimal...

Crossup 236SH is now comboable if you use a D Ryujin.

Video of "General BnB with low wall stick":

Getting the dashes are very important since if you don't get close enough on the first one you won't be able to get the third rep. Some characters like the Sols or Justice a third rep is needed otherwise they're not falling fast enough and they magically make the 236K whiff (magic).

---

Some hitconfirming character specific notes...

2D 236K 236D still works on May and Millia

2D 236D DOES NOT work on Ky, Robo-Ky, Dizzy, Venom and ABA. Maybe more, I'll test. You'll still need to do 2D 236SK 236D like the old days.

6H H 236D DOES NOT work some characters, like Eddie. I'll have to test more. 6H 236D is still available though.

Edited by Amadeous

BnBs/Character Specific Hitconfirms

NO CARDS/NO METER

Close hit with a normal (6P, 5K, cS, etc) > 5H (3 hits) > 6H, 6P > 5H (3 hits) > 6H, 5K > 2D > 22x

Your basic ground string. Builds good damage and meter. Needs to be close to start. Some characters like Ky and I-No you can do another rep. Others like May are hard to rep.

Launcher (low jS, 236S~H, CH 236S~S, TK 214K, etc), fS > JC > jS > jP > jS > JC > jD (2 hits) > 214K

Basic air ender. Has issues on Ky and Robo-Ky because of how thin they can be.

Launcher (low jS, 236S~H, CH 236S~S, TK 214K, etc), fS > JC > jK > jD (2 hits) > 214K, 5P > JC > jS > jP > jS > JC > jD (2 hits) > 214K

Works on anyone when you carry them to the corner with the first 214K. On Potemkin it's doable midscreen.

Throw, SJC > jD (2 hits) > 214K

Basic jump combo from a grab. Doesn't work on lightweights.

Throw, SJC > jS > jH > j2K

Basic jump combo from a grab, for lightweights. Replace j2K with 236P for throw reset gimmicks.

3 CARDS

cS > fS > 236D, 6H > H, dash > 5K > 2H (1 hit) > 6H > H, dash > 5K > 2H (1 hit) > 6H > 236K > 214D, cS > 2H (1 hit) > 623D, 22x

Works on everyone but ABA. 6H after 236D can only be done if they're low to the ground. Some characters are harder to get the full loop.

cS > fS > 236D, 6H > H, 2H (1 hit) > 6H > 236S~H, SJ j.S > j.H > 236K > 214D, land 623D

Better corner combo than the above BnB, but you need height off the wallstick. Doesn't work on Ky/Robo-Ky/Axl, hard to do on Sol/HOS. On heavyweights and Faust you need to use 2 hits of 2H.

cS > fS > 236D, 6H, cS > 2H (1 Hit) > 6H > H, dash > 5K > 2H (1 hit) > 6H > 236K > 214D, cS > 2H (1 hit) > 623D, 22x

ABA specific combo of the above. Does roughly 200 damage and builds almost as much meter as the non-specific version.

cS > fS > 236D, SJ > jS > jH > 236K > 214D, 623D, 22x

Universal combo for when they're too high on the stick to catch with 6H. Doing 623D immediately after 214D in the corner makes it possible to put you in the corner behind them, setting up for a Gacho-like mixup.

AA j.S JC j. H > 236K > 236D delay 623D, 236S~H, c.S JC j.S > j.P > j.S JC j.H > 236K > 214D

Combo for when you get a hitconfirm very high up. Can also land and do the 623D if you're too close to the ground, just make sure you hit with just the last kick if possible

Throw, SJ > jS > 623D, dash > 2H (1 hit) > 6H > H > 236D, SJ > jH > 214D > 22x

Excellent corner carry from a throw, universal on all cast. Possible to drop the initial jS on medium and heavyweights for easier knockdown.

Example video on lightweights. Be sure to space 214D to be one hit for knockdown.

Throw, 214D, dash 2H (1 hit) > 6H > H > 236D, 5K > 2H (1 hit) > 6H > 236K > 623D

Throw combo that's doable midscreen or corner, but character specific. Works on all cast except Sol, Faust, Justice, and all Lightweight characters.

5D > SJ > FD > jH, 2H (1 hit) > 6H > H > 236D, 5K > 2H (1 hit) > 6H > H, dash > 5K > 2H (1 hit) > 6H > 236K > 214D, (land) 623D, 22x

Basic Impossible Dust combo. Rep of the wall loop may be dropped depending on character.

5D > TK 214K, land 2H (1 hit) > 6H > 236K > 236D > 2H (1 hit) > 6H > 236S~H, SJ j.S > j.H > 236K > 214D, land 623D

Better Impossible Dust combo. Doesn't work if you're too far from the corner, then you have to do 6H H 236D instead. Gets better damage but sacrifices some meter.

IAD 214K, dash 2H (1 hit) > 6H > 236K (delay) 236D, land 623D, 236S~H, c.S JC j.S > j.P > j.S JC j.H > 236K > 214D

Corner to corner combo from a corner mixup. Amount of time you have to delay the 236K to 236D varies by character.

CH 236S~S OR CH 236S~H, 236S~H, 236S~D > 236D, 2H (1 hit) > 6H > 236S~H, SJ j.S > j.H > 236K > 214D, land 623D

High stun damage combo. Pretty much automatically stuns Dizzy or Chipp, will stun anyone else if they have gotten CH once or twice recently.

---

To Come: More combos overall, ID, throw combos. Eventually I will try to record all combos in this list for a visual demonstration.

Edited by Amadeous

Hows 2D 623D and 6H 214D launchers damage-wise? That's one lazy way to get around the issues of 2D 236D not connecting. 2D 623D also has the situational use of getting to dash under and choosing which side to go, but I fear it might prorate too hard to bother planning cards for.

Generally using 623D is best for the end of a combo or just used for mix-up. As a point of reference, doing a wall loop with 623D starter is about 120 damage with knockdown at the end of it, so it really kills damage output. 214D doesn't kill it as hard but it does notably reduce damage, and it also means you can't use the D Gekirin later in the combo to extend it.

Generally I think it'd be better just to perform 2D 236SK 236D. We've been doing it for years in AC anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Speaking of, I'm going to look into doing fS TK 236K 236D combos. Last time I tried it seemed to be the same combos would do about 30 extra damage iirc, which would mean IF you can hitconfirm and do that it's more dangerous...but fS 236D is free and doesn't whiff on shorties so that's fun.

Has anyone seen JP players use 6H > 236S~H in combos more often? I've seen it done a few times by Karun and KA2 but I can't remember what videos they're in. I've attempted to do it myself a number of times but it's finicky and I don't know how to continue the combo.

Went ahead and tested against all characters, hitconfirming from 2D and 6HH into 236D, since some character magically make it whiff by being too low. For characters that don't get hit by 2D 236D, use 2D 236SK 236D, and for characters that don't get hit by 6HH 236D, use 6H 236D. A "O" denotes they can be hit by 2D/6HH 236D. An "X" denotes the opposite.

Collapsed: Hitconfirming into 236D Table:

[table]

[/td][td]2D 236D6HH 236D

SOL BADGUYOO

KY KISKEXX

MAYOO

EDDIEOX

TESTAMENTOO

BAIKENOX

VENOMXO

ROBO-KYXX

ORDER-SOLOO

BRIDGETOO

FAUSTOO

POTEMKINOO

JUSTICEOO

I-NOOO

A.B.AXO

JOHNNYOX

MILLIA RAGEOO

DIZZYXO

SLAYEROO

ANJI MITOOO

JAM KURADOBERIOO

ZAPPAOO

CHIPP ZANUFFOO

KLIFF UNDERSNOO

AOL LOWOO

[/table]

Has anyone seen JP players use 6H > 236S~H in combos more often? I've seen it done a few times by Karun and KA2 but I can't remember what videos they're in. I've attempted to do it myself a number of times but it's finicky and I don't know how to continue the combo.

Kakarocks does it in the vid you posted a few times, I tried it for like an hour today and couldn't get it to work, they always seem to be too high for it to connect.

I made this for people who may not have seen these combo routes http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=Q0Cr0GBoOMg

Some of the Japanese players are using 623D in such a way that only the last hit connects, giving you the launch and untech time, but without scaling your damage really heavily. In the corner on normals and lightweights it also allows you to use the H puffball to get a wallbounce, and then an air combo extension. It ends up doing more damage than two reps of the wall loop, and is much more lenient in terms of starters and screen position, so if you have the cards to burn, it's a good option. Also gives you crazy damage on the lightweights.

I used Gekirin as one of the ground starters, but you can substitute pretty much anything that will get you into the position to do 5H(1) 6HH. You just delay the second 6H as with the wall loop, do 623D, 236SH, etc.

Not bad damage at all, but I'd want to test dropping off the last 2H 623K so the combo ends in 214D. I feel like getting that knockdown and forcing them to wake up in the corner is more important than the maybe 10-20 extra damage it adds. Definitely a great find though.

Worked around with that "Do 623D when they're high in the air and pick them up when they land" idea. I got down a basic idea:

If the last hit of 623D lands, you can pick up with 6H (whiff) H. Otherwise you'll have to catch them as they land with 6H H and a normal wall loop. The main combo I figured out was:

2D 236D land 623D land 6H (whiff) H 2H(1) 6H H dash 5K 2H(1) 236K 214D. Averages around 200-230 damage. I only focused it on characters from starting position, as long as you get only one of the first hits of 623D to land then the last one, it should be universal. From starting position it works on: May, Slayer, Eddie, Venom (have to do 2D 236SK), Baiken, Bridget, Faust, I-No, Justice (it's really easy to do), Dizzy (have to do 2D 236SK), Chipp, Jam, Kliff

Edited by Amadeous

So I dunno if anyone has much Faust experience, but he's a bitch to wall loop. If you try to do the default loop, you can't get more than 2 reps on him due to his hitbox. You can't delay the 6H H followup very much or it whiffs, which means he's always too low on the ground for a pickup. The thing I realized though is that since his air hitbox is HUGE, this makes it easier to grab him with H Puffball mid-combo. So this is what I figured out for a replacement to the basic wall loop, gets about the same if not more damage for 3 Cards:

From midscreen: cS fS 236D land 6H H 2H (2 hits) 6H 236S~H superjump jS jH 236K 214D land 623D

There's no dash in between the 6H H and 2H, and 2 hits makes it a lot easier to connect the 6H after the 2H. Superjump might not be needed but it seems to help make it more consistent. Gives you corner knockdown and about 260 damage.

This combo works on Potemkin very easily too, and nets you a bit more damage than just 3 reps of a wall loop when he's at full health.

Edited by Amadeous

Gonna post some more combos I figured out based on that above video, no video links for these though.

(Midscreen, 3 cards)

CH Puffball, 236SH, (236SD) 236D, land 2H 6H 236SH sj jS jH 236K 214D, land 623D: 230 on Slayer with FBPB, 210 without.

Note: FBPBless version is more difficult due to higher bounce on 6H. Adding a 2H 6H in place of FBPB seems to help though.

AA jS jc jS jH 236K 236D, delay 623D, 236SH, cS jc jS jP jS jc jH 236K 214D: 240 on Slayer

Note: The delay 623D should be as such so you're only hitting with the last one, maybe 2 hits of charged Kenroukaku.

Adding the FBPB on the first combo should probably only be done on characters who are close to dizzy/have low stun defense ratings like Chipp. In my testing Chipp and Dizzy were ALWAYS stunned by this combo which is terrifying for them.

Edited by Amadeous

Added some more combos with video links to second post. Mostly things I've already posted in this thread, but now with video tutorial!

Umm. I'm new here and I just started playing fighting games. Are there any good block strings for jam or you already put it already?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

I can bring a video together. Generally Jam's gatlings are freeform enough and safe enough that blockstrings are an extension of her gatling chart.

Some important things to keep in mind though:

5K gatlings to 2S, which gatlings back to 5K. 6P and 2P do the same.

6H is +3 on block and is throw invul. Be careful being predictable with it because it can be slashbacked by aware players.

Nearly any non-heavy slash normal she has can be gatling'd to 5D. Makes people keep paying attention.

5K 6H and 5K tick throw is a legitimate mixup against characters with slower Heavy Slashes.

Puffball is your safest blockstring ender, just be aware that overusing it can be punished due to its long startup if not spaced well.

Try not to use IAD jH in blockstrings. People can IB and throw you as you land. If you do, try to use jH j2K to make it safer.

I'll try to bring together a video this weekend. Here's a link to Jam's frame data page on the wiki, hopefully it helps you understand what you can and can't do: http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Frame_Data_%28Jam_GGACR%29

What's the deal with Jam combos on ABA? Why does she "stick" to the floor during palm loops like that? She's not heavier than Potemkin, yet this doesn't happen to him. Whenever I play the ABA matchup I get depressed about combo drops because it's so awkward to do stuff on her.

I honestly have no idea. I have the same issue too though, the 6H H will OTG a ton. I figure it has something to do with her hitbox, the way she falls to the ground means she hits the ground sooner than Potemkin or Robo-Ky despite being around the same weight. I've found a way around this though, in two different situations:

1) If she's stuck high on the wall and you're doing 6H to catch her as she falls, link 6H into cS, then just go to 2H to continue the combo. You're gonna lose damage obviously but you'll be able to set up the rest of the combo to get knockdown.

2) If she's stuck at a more average height after the 6H, DELAY THE FOLLOWUP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Just wait as long as you can to do the followup, longer than on any other character. If you do this, you can stick her high enough to get in a dash 5K to do another rep, but I find it very hard to get 3 reps of the old wall loop on her.

The 6H -> cS link advice is great, thanks. I had most issues converting high wallsticks (ex: raw 236D from midscreen) into wall loops.

I'm gettin better, but on first basic groung string, how do I cancel 6H into 6P (6S) in order to rep the string again with 5H. I do it sometimes but I can't do it consistently. What is the timing on inputting 6S?

Is there something I'm missing?

6H into 6P isn't a cancel, it's a link. You need to wait for 6H to recover completely before you input the 6P. Think of it like playing Street Fighter, or Slayer. If you do 6H xx 6P and not getting a 6P to come out at all, you're hitting 6P too early. If you get a 6P, but the combo counter resets, you're doing it too late.

I've been trying to learn Jam recently, but I can't seem to get the wall loop down on Sol. Everytime after the 6H-H, he doesn't stick to the wall. He just falls down. Any help?

I've been trying to learn Jam recently, but I can't seem to get the wall loop down on Sol. Everytime after the 6H-H, he doesn't stick to the wall. He just falls down. Any help?

Could you post the exact combo you're having issues with? You might be delaying the second hit of 6H a bit too much or you're catching him too low to the ground.

Slightly delay the second hit of 6H so they bounce a bit before the actual wall stick. If you don't delay it then the wall stick wont occur. The timing isnt really that bad to get down after some practice and it might slightly differ depending on the character.