Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

papermarkis

[P4AU] Yukiko Loketest changes, information and discussion

Copied and pasted from this pastebin: http://pastebin.com/j6eJnPxh

"Yukiko:

New

*New move Dancing fire(214 A or B) persona swings her wing out to attack, startup is fast on hit, knocks the opponent away a far distance with fire. SB version available, what it does is currently unknown

*New Super, Vermillion bird, 214214 A or B requires level 6 or above fire. Sakuya rushes forward while on fire in a bird shape, normal version might not be on fire, but video showed one that was (might be SB only based on these notes? unclear) "SB version blows through opponents projectiles, fire attack"

*SB Agidyne Two Agidynes come out

*SB Maragidyne the two Maragidynes happen at the same time.

*5AA animation changed, vacuum effect

Buffs

+5 Persona Cards

+Agi and Agi SB speed has been increased

+6B speed up, super fast

+5C, 2C hop cancelable

+5C, 2C dash cancelable

+SB boost gives 3 levels of firebreak

Nerfs

-Can't jump cancel on blocked 2B

-C maragi is slower"

Quick thing; I'm not too good at Japanese but I'm pretty sure that the original post by stunedge said that C Maragi moved slower, not that the startup was slower. If that's the case, it'd be a buff, no? Don't think it'd screw up any combo routes and probably would offer better screen control.

Also, another change: jB is forced into fatal counter state during its recovery frames

C Maragi being slower actually might screw up Maragi combos where you're having opponents drop into the wave to auto-ignite the pillar. While they require more precision, they hurt more, so it's something of a nerf.

^ I always use D Maragi when doing Maragi loops with the exception of the corner. Its a matter of timing really. I feel its more of a buff because you can use it more like Chun-Li's projectile and also being easier to loop in the corner because lol corner wall.

Yeah I always used D Maragi for loops as well. But is that change for j.B being fatal counter state during recovery real? That's honestly a really dumb nerf.

Is Dancing Fire supposed to be a "get off me" type move, almost like a ghetto DP? Or is it more suited to being a combo ender?

It looks like Yukiko got hit a little hard during the second loketest, particularly anything involving her Agi special (I'm pretty sure this really hurts her Oki and Combo options mid screen)... Ouch...

Copied from the new update list from the second loketest found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P3-fyaHUzfgguGgELgt-Cw0QapJ2ZhvZZV8o2kL0BUg/mobilebasic?pli=1#h.vub4o0y8cj4v

New Content

• SB Agi now places an agi at A agi and B agi locations

• New fire move: Dancing flames. 214A/B iirc.

Yukiko’s new fire move damage with fire boost applied:

1…1.1

3…1.3

5…1.55

7…1.85

9…2.3!!!

Dancing FLames will ALWAYS happen where Sakuya was positioned last

• New fire move: Vermillion bird. Only available at level 6 fire boost or above.

Buffs

• SB Maharagidyne hits the lower half of entire screen at the same time, hype

• B agi likely more useful as an anti air now (as it controls air space) but the untech time is probably the same

•C Maharagi works perfectly as a counter to Shabrys’ 2C (former 8C) (dyne? no?)

Nerfs

• D normals have much bigger recovery

• Cannot jump cancel 2B on block

• SB Boost is back to 2 levels, recovery is around the same as current version. Fire break and Fire Boost do not take blue health anymore.

• Sakuya will ALWAYS do Agi at Yukiko’s location

• A agi untech time reduced、low alltitude A agi combo is not possible

There is now an effect for where an agi is placed while it is still held down

Combo info

asdf

• can probably combo Maharagidyne > BB > SB Agi, A release > New bird special > B release, and whatnot

• If you’re close, you can probably do the usual combos SB Agi (not in corner however)

• 5AAA>Hop > Jb did not combo? (poster not sure)

• Tipper 5C>2C>B agi did not combo

• J.D on hit may have changed

• Fullscreen 5C2C Agi does not combo because Sakuya comes back to where Yukiko is for the Agi

• Fullscreen combo -> Dancing flame (new move) should knock the opponent to Yukiko still. Far away 5C > 2C > Dancing flame > D Maharagidyne possible.

• Low altitude agi definitely doesn’t work due to new untech time, but if you’re quick * 5AA>5C>2B>low air agi > 5AAA works, but B agi won’t hit OTG, dancing flame will not hit

Sweep > SB Dancing FLame > Far Away 5C comboed

•B dancing flame combos off of C series on crouch

•Mid air FC hit > B > SB Agi missed, might have been user error

•3D > Persona is behind opponent, surprise B Dancing Flame > 5BB comboed, SB agi combo possible?

•基本的に今作コンボの〆はA舞で空中喰らいならB舞>A舞、補正余ってたらB舞>2C>A舞とか。A舞のあと即Bアギでいい感じに設置できる。Dマハラギ>5BB>5C>B舞>2C>5C>A舞で3200ぐらい。

If her C maragi is staying slower, then I think that's actually more of a buff then a nerf, because it was to fast to unblockable setup with before. Perhaps now that it's slower we can use 2D or all out to make unblockable fancy things.

But the increased recovery is going to hurt anyform of 2D Oki if it whiffs, and it's going to make 4/5/6 D very risky if it doesn't land a fatal counter.

To clarify, what exactly does it mean when it says "D normals have much bigger recovery"? Does that mean that Yukiko herself take longer to move after initially hitting the button to use the move, or that the Persona is on cooldown for a longer time after its active frames pass?

This was translated from a Japanese player's description, so I'm not quite sure, but I'd lay money that it means Yukiko herself takes longer to move once the active frames are through. Recovery frames generally refer to the period of vulnerability to the character him/herself, so that's my guess.

If most of these 3rd loketest changes are final I'm dropping this character. Who on earth thought she needed fatal recovery on like half her moveset? Damn near everything she does is already super risky. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AC9gYVzyUaFDZFsf-LXIGGoyZnG1Wws4Gp96Tdgk58w/edit?pli=1#

Final game came out today. I've only seen Yukiko once during one of the streams. Dancing flame looks like a REALLY good move right now. However I'm not 100% sure but it looks like 5C may not fatal anymore?

New combo routes from her new 214 move

Midscreen

5AAA > 5C

5AA > 214AB > 2C 214 A > 5C 214A

5AA > 214 AB > 2C,5C into 214A ender