Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP XIV (NEC) Dec 6th, 7th and 8th in Essington pa., (right outside of Philly)

Hey guys, a3 lost his phone but he feels like he gave it to someone to hold during a match but forgot to get it back. Does anyone have it?

Which team won Grand Finals? >.>

My buddies and I went to eat before it started, and I forgot the team names.

EDIT:

I got my answer during the St1ckBuG stream.

Top 15/16 in NO order

Jais (BR)

Zidane (AN)

Alzarath (TE)

Digital Watches (AX)

Xaqshinor (DI)

Mynus (IN)

A3Religion (JO)

Blacksnake (VE)

VR-Raiden (SO)

Mahouko (BR)

KBNova (ZA, AN)

Brice (PO)

Marlinpie (ED, SL, FA, KY)

Roldy (ZA, VE)

Biscuits (ED)

Other notable players included (correct me if they top 16'd)

Bob Washington (AX, PO)

Coma (ED)

Kyle W. (MA)

BlueNine (MA)

DrunkenChicken (FA)

Apologies for having to leave so abruptly, but no one wanted to risk being stuck at the hotel.

GGs to everyone I played, nice meeting/seeing everyone I did. You're all awesome. <3

reloy here, GG's to everyone I played. Tons of killers in every pool made for a really crazy tournament.

Shoutouts:

Kyle W: Wish we could have played more. I still don't understand the match-up!

Jais: Thanks for the casual matches Friday night. I gotta figure out how to hit you without getting hit myself.

Digital Watches: Wish we played earlier Friday night. Couldn't function well at around 4AM much less figure out how to approach you.

KBNova: It was great seeing and playing you. Greatly appreciate the tips, wish I could have played you more.

GGs to the people I played causals with had some real fun there.

Shoutouts to: Meeting the Philly scene for the first time ever.

Getting hopelessly addicted to Garou: MoTW

Getting double OCV'ed in the BB teams

Team "2 Nus, 1 Terumi".

And last but not least the snow making it a real bitch to get home.

I'm not really great at shoutouts, but much <3's to those I got to meet at NEC. Sad I didn't get to rock the pink hair this year, and that my "Creative Compulsive Disorder" occupied me most of Sunday and had my nose buried in word dumping writing ideas.

Thanks to those who made my coming out to the event possible as well.

I really need to work out my social anxiety issues, and strengthen my game to where I'm more confident for next time.

^_^

Epic shoutouts inbound.

Shoutouts to my makeshift BBCP team which was borne from "TGS can't get his refund". Still, it was pretty fun and I even got to OCV a team and watched our day 1 Tager player do the same which was hilarious.

Shoutouts to Axis for for upgrading our status from Super Dodge Bros to Ultra Super Dodge Bros by having me come up to his room, trash talking for like 10 minutes and then falling asleep when it was his turn to play me.

Shoutouts to Jourdal for taking Axis's previous title of Super Dodge Bro and being just as white and chill as I remembered him. Also special mention for having the record loudest chant for his name during his hype match in the BBCP top 4 teams.

Shoutouts to Huey for repping that Tsubaki with style and putting in work getting to TOP 4 teams. He's gonna be really scary once he gets more experience playing as her, possible EVO CHAMP TSUBAKI PLAYER?!

Shoutouts to C0R for teaching me stuff about Mu match up and working hard doing pools on day one.

Shoutouts to all the other players who also taught me a match up as I found myself saying, "this is the first time I played against this character in BBCP" many times.

Shoutouts to logichole for being a cool dude and a Tsubaki player who I saw improve quite a bit just in the course of a weekend.

Shoutouts to TGS for being a bro and helping me out with this and that during the weekend and cheering for all them (dirty) Noel players.

Shoutouts to Kid Viper for some interesting match up and theory crafting stuff in the PNW room.

Shoutouts to Cirno for taking more matches off me than I him for a change, he's getting better and I actually need to play this game more!

Shoutouts to SKD for being an anime character.

Shoutouts to Brice and his pimp ass glasses.

Shoutouts to Lich and Kibster for being funny drunks.

Shoutouts to Ama and Ludwig for showing off their waifu love in their own ways and being hella white people.

Shoutouts to StickBug and others who put in hard work to make the tournaments run as smoothly as they could.

Shoutouts to Omni "LL Cool J" for performing well the whole weekend and calling me Jackie Chan which is always hilarious to me.

Shoutouts to over dozen more people I met for the first time that I got to chat or play with for a little while. They were new but they were all friendly faces~

Shoutouts to the hotel for being sort of ass in all facets and really made me miss last year's venue.

Shoutouts to snow almost getting me killed twice on the long drive home.

Lastly, Shoutouts to all the people that I didn't get a chance to meet and/or couldn't make it to NEC this year, you were missed!

I went in to NEC having played less than a hundred netplay games to my name and came out feeling good about all the things I learned and some of the stuff I was still able to pull off. Going in really unprepared to a tourney is worrisome since no one wants to embarrass themselves as they don't end up playing the way they know they can but still, I can't say no to hanging out with the fighting game community and it was a great time.

P.S. Shoutouts to shoutouts.

Top 16 in no order. Two qualifiers from all 8 pools

Jais (BR)

Zidane (AN)

Alzarath (TE)

Digital Watches (AX)

Xaqshinor (DI)

Mynus (IN)

A3Religion (JO)

Blacksnake (VE)

VR-Raiden (SO)

Mahouko (BR)

KBNova (ZA, AN)

Brice (PO)

Roldy (ZA, VE)

Biscuits (ED)

FleshPounder (DI)

Top 16 in no order. Two qualifiers from all 8 pools

Jais (BR)

Zidane (AN)

Alzarath (TE)

Digital Watches (AX)

Xaqshinor (DI)

Mynus (IN)

A3Religion (JO)

Blacksnake (VE)

VR-Raiden (SO)

Mahouko (BR)

KBNova (ZA, AN)

Brice (PO)

Roldy (ZA, VE)

Biscuits (ED)

FleshPounder (DI)

Must of been godlike

#TeamMynus :IN:

it was great to see everyone again

sorry if i left without giving people farewells in person

i had to go sunday night in kind of a rush and i wasn't entirely sure where people were

also booo to cold water showers

Alright gotta get this out the way while I'm still conscious.

Shoutouts to Stickbug: First and foremost, thank you for everything you do to help fuel this community. Your love of the games and the people are a big reason as to why we are all here.

Kyle W: Love that we can always have these moments where we can chill and talk about the married life. Didn't get to play you but maybe I did when I was drunk, I don't remember that time was a blur.

Blacksnake: Cool as fuck and this will be the last time I see you at tournament and we don't play seriously in GG or BlazGreen.

Digital Watches: Really enjoyed chilling with you most of the weekend, your Axl was really impressive and had a great time playing you. Wish we chilled more but the storm made quick work of that. Hopefully we'll be able to come to Montreal Airdashers, we will make serious efforts to get there.

Shinsyn: Definitely playing strong man, wish we chilled more though.

Kenji: It was an absolute joy playing you, you are seriously a strong take on Anji (you actually block LOL) and your Zappa is no fucking joke. Really upset I couldn't play more.

Huey253 aka Color 4: Great time commentating with you, and teaching me more about Blazblue. I'll try it when I have the time but we'll see how that goes. Glad you play GG, you're a real man.

Kurumster: Nice to finally play you, and hilariously enough every single time, you came around Alzarath would come walking by after you would ask for him.

Shoutouts to Big E for everything even finding my phone for me.

Shoutouts to KI being the UGLIEST fighting game in existence.

Shoutouts to Guilty Gear being the best community of people ever.

Shoutouts to my NY niggas, always and forever.

Thank you to everyone that came from out of state and out of the region, you are the guys that made this tournament great, seriously.

Last but not least,

Dear Jais, I love you, I....I... can't hold it back anymore. I'm leaving Zidane for you, I'm coming to Washington to ask for your hand. You sir, are one of the coolest niggas I ever met, I hope to see you soon. Your bridget play is inspirational to say the least, I will be tuning in to the streams now to see you guys play. Thank you for everything, next time I see you drinks on me.

GGs everyone I played and good seeing people again.

big thanks to everyone who helped run the tournaments.

wanted to stay longer and play more people but got bodied by snow, etc :v:

Copy+pasted shouts:

I'm currently on the flight back to Atlanta and figured now would be a good time to start typing up shout outs. I still haven't slept since an hour nap on Saturday, so please excuse any spelling/grammatical/nonsensical errors.

First, NEC in general: This. Tournament. Was. AWESOME. Definitely the best one I've ever been to. The only negative was that the hotel was meh, restaurant's service was terrible and they were obviously not equipped to handle max capacity (those fucking Bufudyne showers, man). Fortunately none of that mattered because everything else was GODLIKE.

And wow, I met a fuckton of awesome people this year! It seemed like nearly everyone I bumped into is someone I've either played online, chatted with on DL, or heard about through the grapevine.

Guilty Gear:

Shouts in no order to Jais, Zidane, Alzarath, Digital Watches, A3Religion, Kenji, Blacksnake, Bob Washington, Mynus, Bryce, and anyone I'm forgetting. Thanks a lot for the casuals and advice! Those were easily some of the best sets I've ever had in Guilty and I feel I leveled up a ton! I wish I could have placed higher than I did in singles and I wish I could have not looked like a total scrub next to Mahouko's Bridget, but the casuals were fun as fuck. Especially the sets I had last night--I was intent on retiring from GG after NEC, but just as soon as I had thought that, those sets reminded me of exactly why I play Guilty. It really isn't like anything else. I can't wait for the recorded casual footage to be uploaded!

Blazblue:

Shouts to Lich, Kirbster, Cirno, Psykotik, SKD, Jourdal, TheArm, Her Omen, Brkrdv, Huey, Tsutenshi, and everyone else on the BB side. I was pretty disappointed with my performance in teams and at the Copabanana, but I'm glad I was able to shift gears by the time singles came around. I made top 8 in singles, woooo! The BB casuals were fun too! I wish I had time for more, but this tourney was fairly Guilty-centric for me. Next time though.

Dudes I've already met before:

Shouts to St1ckbug, Circ, Anne Frank, Axis, ShinSyn, DC, Lord Knight, KyleW, and anyone else I'm forgetting. You guys are da bess and I'm glad we were able to meet again either in casuals, tourney, or just hanging out

I'd also like to extend a special thanks to Amadeous and St1ckbug for making arrangements for me to be able to attend. You guys are bros among bros--if you're ever in Atlanta and need a favor (or even if you're not!), just let me know. Also to Eshi for sharing the room, thanks man.

Also...

Shouts to Yakitori Boy on Thursday

Shouts to casuals/drinking at Copabanana on Friday

Shouts to Kara-cancel-oke upstairs at Yakitori Boy

Shouts to St1ckbug working his unpaid ass off to deliver the best tourney and stream he possibly can

Shouts to getting a foot of snow while in Philly

Shouts to Bufudyne showers

Shouts to BBCP for being on main stream, even if team finals were meh

Shouts to Lich/Kirbster/Bryce's team since they deserved to win

Shouts to OmniSSycthe for hard calling out 4D mashing

Shouts to BigE, St1ckbug, NEC staff/volunteers, Spooky, their sponsors, and everyone else involved in making NEC so damn great

But mostly, shouts again to everyone I mentioned above and even to everyone I didn't mention. My FG bros and broettes are fantastic! I love this community and love all you guys :D

NEC was too much fun this year! There were SOOOOOO many upsets and so many players! Over 50 teams for BB, 90+ players for Persona and 70+ players for GG IIRC, that is insane and the competition was really strong! With that being said, it's my turn to drop my Shoutouts too:

• S/O to St1ckBuG; I love you bro, your events are too fun! Next time, I'll get there early enough so I can cover you on drinks!
  • S/O to the entire Midwest Crew for doing so well at NEC this year! Either in teams or single or exhibition matches. We did good this year, let's do better next time!
  • S/O to OmniSScythe, Danke and Akira-Shiro (Finally met you my bro, but you probably won't see this since you're banned...) for taking BB teams!
  • S/O to Jais! Dude you were hella GDLK in that tournament and deserved that win! Also thanks for the casual sets later that weekend, It was really fun playing you.
  • S/O to Mahouko; we had a short set but it was hella fun! Next time I make a stop in the EC, I'll let you know for sure so we can run sets again!
  • S/O to A3Religion; We only got to play in tournament but it's ok, I felt that I was getting a grasp of how you play Johnny but I'm still behind in skill LV. I'll catch up soon.
  • S/O to Naotolololo for finally playing you offline! Great experience in meeting you and playing a few sets, I was mad tired but I didn't care all in good fun is what matters.
  • S/O to Grover winning P4U Singles! Too good man! Keep up your momentum in P4U2!
  • S/O to Seeing Bace, Omex, Colpevole, LPT and the rest of the Northeast crew again, and meeting some new faces as well!
  • S/O to CANADA! Brice, Kirbster, Psykotic, Bill_307 and the rest of you guys! It's never a dull day with you guys around!
  • S/O to VR-Raiden, we only played in tournament but our set was hella fun! We'll play again soon, as we always do lol!
  • S/O to DJ Huoshen and AXIS! Best teammates I could have asked for! We were so close to Top 4 but its OK; we won at the afterparty! DJ Huoshen for Best Makoto in NA!
  • S/O to ChosenNinja/Nobodyexe/Pain for making Top 4! You guys did really well! Can't wait to play 2/3 of you on Friday for casuals.
  • S/O to blackSNAKE for making Top 8 in Guilty Gear! Showing up and amazing people with that Venom play we in Chicago all know and love!
  • S/O to Skeletal_Minion; Our casuals were too fun, and then you snatched my soul... you grabbing my burst for the game... :( Thanks for allowing me to get a runback even though you said last game. Also, glad to hear you're still gonna be playing Gear, you're too good of a player to stop, keep it going!
  • S/O to Bob-Fucking-Washington! You helped me develop my game at NEC so hardcore! I felt 10 times times stronger after leaving NEC thanks to you, blackSNAKE and Jais's advice. I'll be sure to do better at Frosty Faustings! (BTW Fuck you bro for trying to make me get up after Wes grabbed my burst!) All jokes aside, thanks!
  • S/O to Cali as a whole! Both North ad South showed up strong in many ways! Glad to have seen all you guys again or meeting you for the first time: Delta, nano, and a few others I may have forgotten by name, I apologize about that.
  • S/O to "Two Words Colliding" AKA Drunk Tone vs Drunk AXIS in my room, that shit was amazing from beginning to end, except the getting spat on by both you guys... Additional S/O to TrueGunnerShadow fur uploading that drunken moment! Video Link
  • S/O to seeing Kurumster, Stone and a bunch of others again, no sessions this time but saying whats up and just being real.
  • S/O to Matt Coma, no sessions either but we got some good chat sessions in especially about Yukari. Can't wait for P4U2!

This list could go on forever but I'm way too out of it; and my Cinematography Final is gonna happen so so I'm cutting it short here. But it wouldn't be a ShinSyn Shoutouts post if I didn't have this at the end:

Shoutouts to Shoutouts!

Holy shit NEC was huge this year. It sucks the hotel was NOT ready for us to go in this hard but I still had a great time. I'm gonna try to avoid doing too long of a shoutouts list here, if you're not on it I'm sorry but I love you too:

• Shoutouts to Big E for organizing and running these huge events, much love to you.
  • Shoutouts to St1ckBuG for keeping everything running even with the anime tournaments blowing the FUCK up this year, huge entrants in all 3. Wish we could've played GG more than our one match too!
  • Shoutouts to all the players I played against, off the top of my head Mynus, Mahouko, Alzerath, A3R, Skeletal_Minion, Digital Watches, Shinsyn, Shinobi, Bob Washington, Blacksnake, Zidane, Jais, Kenji, Kirbster and probably more that I'm forgetting but I was fucking blown away by the skill level of this tournament. I have to level up so much still!
  • Shoutouts to Montreal folks, I missed you guys and I wish we could've spent more time together and played games! Waiting on MAD next year is gonna kill me!
  • Shoutouts to the other Midwest guys, Good Guy Kyle W and Fleshpounder, Mark I'm so glad to see you doing well! We need to play more!
  • Shoutouts to Chicago guys too, I consider you my second scene (for) now and it was great seeing you all before Frosty! See you all in a couple weeks!
  • Shoutouts to Yakitori boy and Karaoke happening Thursday night! Going to the venue on Thursday was a great idea, so glad I did it.
  • Shoutouts to the guys I met and hung out with at the Copa but didn't get to play against! BBQ you're even more swag in person than on twitter, Sogos I miss you ;-; UNBAN SOGOS!
  • Shoutouts to meeting guys from my scene that I didn't know existed! SoingoBoingo we're gonna play this Wednesday right?
  • Shoutouts to my kouhai Kitsoru for having a fucking mazing Jam cosplay and for being able to mash out people's subs (good job senpai noticed you now go practice wall loops).
  • Shoutouts to my senpai Doren2K for deconfirming, reconfirming, then deconfirming his presence within the span of about 3 days for this. See you at Frosty this time!

Some specific ones I want to say, games related:

St1ckBuG, that match was too close. To be honest, if it were a set, you would've taken it. We'll have to play more next time. Hopefully we can bounce Jam strats back and forth some, I know you're focusing on Zappa nowadays but you're still a strong Jam player

Mahouko, THE BRIDGET TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES! I think you have the heart and mind of a Jam player and picked the wrong character! Doesn't matter though cause your Buri is godlike and I want to play against you more and NOT BLOCK!

Mynus, so much for our MM happening lol. Glad we got to play at the Copa and good shit in Tournament! I wish I could've played better but hey that's my problem. Next time it won't be so easy!

Digital Watches, your Axl is still too strong, and your Justice is pretty fierce too. I need to find some guys close by cause I'm gonna grind that matchup and figure it out for MAD! Also good call on the Red v Blue teams, it was PERFECT for this event.

Shinsyn, I don't think we got to play but I was watching your matches, holy shit I cannot believe your Chipp really started only about 7 months ago, please don't let me be seeded against you for frosty, I don't want to die ;-;

Kenji, I had no idea you were from Columbus originally! It's cool to meet you and damn you're a strong player. I'm gonna talk to Sean Howard about making it to Frosty Faustings if I can!

Kirbster, we only played a bit and your stick was acting up, but I could tell you play a very patient and smart Jam. Keep it up, I want to see you get stronger and I know Montreal is a scene to thrive in!

Zidane and Jais, I wish we could've played more, both of you guys are probably the best players in America right now, and you deserve those awards. One of these days though I want to go even with you guys, so I need to get back to playing more.

Circuitous, Good shit in that tournament match! I'm coming for you.

I'm probably missing more, in fact I know I am, but this has gone on longer than I expected at this point. Great event, hope to see you all soon, stay beautiful.

Oh man that tourney was GDLK. Seriously y'all are the best ever.

Shoutouts in no particular order to:

Mynus for mad skills and being chill as fuck. You make Axl v. I-No look almost fair.

A3Religion for proving you can keep fighting even after you go home and be a family man, and for those godlike pickups.

Alzarath for making me scared of the forest again and being the most humble motherfucker in the world. No, really, you're at least as good as everyone says you are.

XAQShinor: I woke up in a cold sweat last night dreaming about laser piranhas. You're a gentleman and a scholar and I hope you're really seriously considering moving to Portland.

Blacksnake with the beard assist. I swear that thing is hiding a third hand 'cause your slashbacks and callouts are some alien technology. No amount of hanging out with you is ever enough.

Bob Washington for repping the best character and being hilarious.

Kenji for being the secret god of America. I still don't get the team wheelchair thing but you're doing awesome stuff and I hope it works out.

Jais for being basically impossible to catch, being a damn snappy dresser and handsome motherfucker. Good shit winning it all. Pacific Northwest!

MAHOUKO: Are you even human? I don't know how you do what you do but keep doing it.

Zidane for being a mindreader and seriously I promise you're actually a nice guy. Good shit discovering the ghost-hands technique. I think you might have revolutionized the Hinge meta for good.

Kyle for being way too good and probably way too nice of a guy to boot. I'm sad you got hit by the arrive-early leave-early combo.

MarlinPie I haven't seen you in forever, I'm sad we didn't get to hang out. Good shit in tournament, I thought I was done for sure when you popped up (And I'm sad those matches aren't on stream 'cause I'm still not quite sure how I won that).

Fleshpounder for giving me hope for new blood in this old game.

VR-Raiden, Potemkin Dan, M.Song, Sheraz, 4r5, and whoever else I played in MD room: I didn't get to talk to y'all much but I should have, good games.

C0R for being super chill even though I keep forgetting who you are. I feel really bad about it every time @.@

Stickbug for being 100% pro 100% of the time. Special thanks for driving me around when transit failed me. Please never change.

Jourdal and Cierno(sp?) for being top-tier sleep-deprived conversationalists. Thanks for rambling with me and Zidane all night. Fire alarm is a 9-1 matchup. Jeff, don't ever change.

SKD: Please don't die.

Kaeru for talking strategy in french in tourney, and just generally being fun to be around.

Derq for bringing awesome beer and repping Canadia. We didn't talk much at the tourney and that's kind of a crime.

Brice: JUST DO IT. Always just do it.

Kirbster for making a character in BB look hella interesting to me.

Circuitous for bodying my Justice. Don't sleep in the snow!

Amadeous for that mad character love.

Kitsoru for bringing all the hype. All of it.

SHTKN for still rockin' the cowboy hat. I'm sorry for still playing a character you hate

Other canada peeps: Sorry I can't keep all your names straight, y'all are awesome across the board

Lich: You're as chill as they come. Maybe some day we'll play the same game so you can body me.

I'm sure there are more people than that, sorry if I forgot you.

See you all in Montreal!