Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP XIV (NEC) Dec 6th, 7th and 8th in Essington pa., (right outside of Philly)

PNW ROOM Red vs Blue

ok, this needs specific shoutouts because it was fucking amazing. my memory is fuzzy but a quick recap:

*whenever 3 players lose on one side (or 1 kokonoe), the team captains and co-captains take shots of vodka and wear a bicycle helmet (skd + kid viper vs. huey + brkrdv)

*nano (pad player) beats 3 people easily on stick, forcing skd+kv to drink. huey then unbinds a button for each game nano wins to prevent a clean sweep. nano wins 3 more games and is left with only the A button, a throw macro (to break throws), and a burst button. he barely loses.

*skd's team had 4 people purposely lose just to get them drunk faster

*kv calls in stickbug to play for huey's team thinking he'd be a pushover and forcing huey and brkrdv to drink, but instead alan wins a few matches! kv openly regerts teaching alan anything about bullet.

*kv plays a zoning hazama to give him and skd time to sober up

*inspired by killerkai's quote on killer instinct, the final score isn't used to decide the winner of red vs blue. instead, the captains play rock paper scissors

you had to be there

I keep forgetting I have an account here. Just going mention whoever I can remember.

Shoutouts to:

- Zidane for letting me stay in the room and bullshit with 242

- Jeff for being hype in top 4

- Stickbug for doing this shit

- Mahouko for being kawaii

- PNW (KV/Huey/Wolfniggashin/Travis/COR) for being chill as fuck

- Setsuna for having strong waifu love the whole tourney

- Shinobi for #smokebomb

- And finally the hotel for cold showers/crappy elevators/4am fire alarms

If I didn't mention you and you're upset, EAD.

I can't even begin to mention everyone. But Big E and his crew, St1ckbug, C0r, Fox, Biscuits, Nobody.EXE, and Circ aka most huggable taxi driver get the special shoutout for making it all happen this weekend.

Love you all. ;_____________;

so yeah holy fuck NEC was fun but GOODDAAMN I got bopped in GG.

I was expecting to do way better than I did considering how well I've been doing against DBC and VR Raiden as of late. Had some real killers make me go 0-2 and I was SALTY. Should've warmed up more too. I'll be ready for next time.

Shoutouts to the VSav community as always for being godlike, both the EC folks whose faces I see all the time and the other guys who I got to meet there. Splendid time hanging out with you folks.

Also jesus christ I always get so flattered every time someone tells me how good I am.

Let it be said that I wish I could get a shoutout to each person individually, but because I'm so busy I don't get to meet and play everyone. You all have my respect: you came out to NEC and made it an absolutely godlike event. Without competitors a tournament is nothing. We could have the best stream, tons of prizes, and a huge pot bonus, but it would all mean nothing without competition. You guys made the decision to come to NEC. For some of you that was a lot of money and time off from work/school. You're all fucking godlike. I can't stress that enough.

Eric - I know get on each other but as you said it's all out of love. Thanks again for all you do. You give us the space and time to play the games we love and we couldn't ask for much else. You're the best TO around, period. Keep doing what you do.

C0R/DaiAndOh/Fox/Biscuits/NobodyEXE - Thanks for helping me run brackets guys, especially C0R and Fox. Without you guys the tournament wouldn't have happened. I'm not even joking. I didn't expect that many entrants for each game, and you guys filled the gaps without hesitation. Stay godlike.

I started to write individual shoutouts but I realized it would take me days to write down everything. To everyone that I met, played, chilled with: thank you for this experience.

Jais - You get a special shoutout: STAY FUCKING GODLIKE.

Thursday nights before NEC should become a thing, and so should staying till Monday. That is all.

Fun event, gj Alan, wish there were more casuals/games being played and less "events" but that seems to be what gets people to show up so it's hard to complain.

One thing, as someone who won the tournament in very large part BECAUSE it was teams (shoutouts to godlike teammates and kokonoe), teams should probably not be the main event in such an early tournament for a game. While I do believe teams bring the hype in scenarios where the players are all strong, right now the disparity in levels is just way too huge for the already small anime scene.

As my first foray into a tournament where my main focus was playing an anime game noticed a lot of interesting things and changes from the "Capcom scene" but also definitely enjoyed myself, hope to make it out to more events and catch up with the guys I got to talk to.

NEC Shoutouts let's goooooooooooooo

St1ckbug, DaiandOh, Biscuits, MakotoFox - Thank you so much guys for help running my brackets and such! Especially St1ckbug for letting me commentate and man the stream when I could! Team St1ckBuG is always great!

Lord Knight - Thanks so much for letting me commentate with you for BB top 4. It really really meant alot to me. Also thanks for Tokyo Tea at Copa haha I died \o/

Travis, KV, c0r, Huey, Logic, Shyn - Thank you for giving me a room to stay in at NEC. Also the first time I met most of you IRL too so that was cool~ All I have to say is BATTLE OF THE GODSSSS even though I just slept through that haha

SKD, Crown, Cirno - Always a good time to hang out with you guys :3 Always super hype and everything!

Mahouko - Yoooooo dat cosplay doe. Commentating with you was hella hype! LOVE PHANTOOOMMMMMM

Delta - Thanks for the random advice during Persona haha xD You were super strong in Top 4 Good shit!

Jourdal - DA GAWDDDDDDDDD YOOOOOOO THE SNOW STORMMMMMMM You're also great to hang out with to <3Brice - Lewd anime openings :3

Kaeru - You're still the best man! I really really love you <3

Lich - Your Relius is always fun to watch, but a bitch to play against. See you at MagFest~

Zidane - We only exchanged greetings and that's it :< sad times

JIMMY - WHY ARE YOU SO GDLK WHYYYYYYY

Colpevole - You are my bane and I don't know why ;__-; I was pretty sad after that too ;__;

Grover - Good shit for winning P4A! GF was really fun to watch and commentate

Naotololololol - You've improved alot! I don't think I can win anymore ;_-;

Shoutouts to the Copa where I died and I stayed in the backroom for the whole event

Shoutouts to KV and the rest of PNW for taking care of me after I died

Fuuuckk why can't we all be in one place more often ;__; I really love you guys. Hanging out with you guys is just too fun.

Shoutouts to the asian and white girls who took me LordKnight and Huey upstairs at the Copa to get free drinks

Shoutouts to the Jourdal snow storm

Shoutouts to that Noel player who legit just mashes D and got like 2nd place at the tournament lmao

Shoutouts to bad games and Persona

Shoutouts to the cab driver we fucking shitted on for taking Chris G and SherryJenix to Wawa for an hour

Shoutouts to the ~s e c r e t~ Montreal room with Gold Burst and pizza