Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP XIV (NEC) Dec 6th, 7th and 8th in Essington pa., (right outside of Philly)

I don't know where to start with these shoutouts, I met a lot of people for the first time and met a lot of a second time after many long months since Final Round. If I miss you I apologize there is just SO MANY PEOPLE TO MENTION.

This was my first NEC, I wanted to go last year but money didn't permit it but after this NEC I'm making this priority over EVO. I'll put enough money from each of my Tax Returns into my savings to make sure I make it to this each year ~!

• I think the first mentions should go to Alan (St1ckBug) and Circuitous. Alan I could hear his voice dying each day, he was basically in a TOs position where everyone asks him for everything because to all of us he's all knowing. He made brackets, ran brackets, handled stream and had to deal with apparently "rape" mention B.S to please us and make this a wonderful event for his. Circutious is a super nice guy, helped transport people back and forth between the Hotel and Copa which isn't a short drive at all. I'm happy to have finally seen Alan again since CEO 2012 and meet Circ for the first time.
  • My teammates Psykotik and Shaka for . Mr. Mortified’s Doujin Archive's. I didn't think we'd make it as far as we did and especially surprised when we defended the Killer Team of SKT only to lose to the team after (Psykotik you're banned from mappign taunt for the rest of your life lol). Overall it was a fun and it's a shame the archive wasn't saved on Twitch, I wanted to see the special moment when we had a group hug on stream.
  • Tone and Axis for the hilarious Saturday Night. I won't go into detail about it but I will leave this video link as ShinSyn did which will probably summarize it on it's own. Tone for being a suepr cool guy and my favorite person of the weekend, I'm living in the wrong state. Axis for wearing cat ears, a bell and tail (being Kokonoe) for the weekend.
  • Doug (ChosenNinja) and Alex (Nobodyexe) for taking me with them to the Chima, it was so godlike, food was amazing. I'm ignoring the bill of $70 ... no regrets. Congrats to both of you (as well as PAIN for your placing in the tournament)
  • S/Os to Sunday Night where we had a Red vs Blue in BBCP where the Team Captains had to take a shot everytime a teammate of theirs lost (RIP KV, SKD, huey, brkrdave). Drunk KidViper and huey is godlike ~!
  • S/Os to those and their tournament placings (Omni, Danke, JOURDAL, huey, brkrdvae, nano, delta etc) in teams and to those who placed in singles (SKD, LK, Omni again, Grover, SKD (again), Bace).
  • S/Os to Mahouko for living out the dream of being an idol at an event, I-I want to be an idol too ~!
  • S/Os to everyone who said Kirino sucks this weekend to me, I love all you Tsunderes so much <3 (ESPECIALLY YOU CIRNO AND KIDVIPER)
  • S/Os to everyone I met for the first time such as ... this list will be too long so I'm just going to skip it @////@
  • S/Os to my waifu Kirino, I love you Kirino ~!

I'm going to cut the Shoutouts here because I need to return to the vortex known as finals, studying and getting ready for work. Maybe I'll edit this post or leave it as is. I feel bad for leaving anyone out of this shoutout post but time won't permit it ... g-gomen ...

I'm really sorry to all the GG people that had to watch my total shit Justice, I stopped playing GG the moment BBCP came out and forgot everything I learned. I'll try to be competent next time I see y'all! All of the OG GG players are amazing people and I'm thankful to have met all of you.

St1ckbug: you put in so much work for us. You are amazing, simple as that.

Jais: Where do you shop for clothes? PLEASE TELL ME, your fashion sense is fucking amazing. We must do karaoke again!

Brice: You are so mature for your age, it blows my mind. Thanks for sharing spectacular beer and helping me understand the Tager match-up.

Kaeru: Great to see you again, say hi to Isabella for me!

Rest of Montreal: I am going to make UMAD this time. I promise. Y'all are too fantastic of people and missing this is not an option.

Lich: Your Relius is so strong and you are my new favorite person fyi (●⌒∇⌒●) huge thanks for your help on friday night

Cirno: GGs in tourney, I couldn't even be disappointed about losing first round.

Axis: We didn't get a lot of time but I took everything you said seriously and am reevaluating how I approach fighting games. Thanks for the advice!

Lord Knight: Of all the players in our community, I respect you the most. I learn so much every time we play.

As for everyone else I know, it was great to see all of you again of course! Can't wait for the next major. My Amane might actually be good by then.

Copypasta from Tweeter:

• Colpevole: Thanks for the games this weekend, gives me a better idea of goals to shoot for. Your Valentine cosplay needs work, though. Also, I didn't think this was possible, but you beat yourself up even harder about losses than I do. Fuck mental blocks. "Pull your head out of your ass and play some goddamn football!"
  • Shoutouts to Omex for letting all us filthy scrubs vandalize his room all weekend and exploiting the weaknesses in my shithead play
  • Shoutouts to Kurumster and AnneIFrank for the legitimate Aigis MU exp I've been lacking since day one. Stand still and block for me, pls?
  • St1ckbug: As a community organizer and streamer myself, I don't overlook your hard work for a second. The stress IS all worth it in the end. THANK YOU. Also pretty cool of you to just walk into 307 inject yourself in BB teams and body my scrub Haz. Anime Illuminati out to get me :p
  • Shoutouts to Kid Viper for getting hype over me for no reason. "THIS DUDE KNOWS COMBOS? WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY!?!?" Also, I can't lie: I thought you were Chickzama first time I saw you.
  • Shoutouts to Setsuna for being a solid roomie, the valuable Labrys MU exp, and turning heads by bopping LK in BB teams. Let's play more.
  • Circuitous: Shoutouts to driving complete strangers such as myself to the Copa and back. Sorry I didn't tell you about the OTHER Copa :(
  • Shaka/Yes06Kin: Nice to finally meet you, sucks we never played though. You booked the wrong hotel, brah! Lets kill Brenton w/ Shadow Chie in P4U2
  • LogicHole: Good to finally meet you as well, fun times, and shoutouts to hosting those insane impromptu BB teams Sun night. DON'T FUCKING DP
  • OmnixTSC: We kept our word and ran it back offline. GGs! No one should sleep on you. D'ont think I'm about that sub char life anymore tho, lol
  • Grant: GGs as always. I'm free to those gimmicks - you should have done way more of them on me. See you at Frosty hopefully.
  • Grover: Did I congratulate you yet? Oh well - good fucking shit. Don't go running around 5B'ing everyone with that sword, though. Also I don't suppose you felt death looming at any point when we played in teams and I was up a round? No? Little bit? ... OK. You also get a BONUS shoutout for using black magic to put a BB Jin OD combo in P4A
  • Shoutouts to Diarmuid/Naotolololol/Naochii/Whateverthefuck for 2B'ing the world and for that P4A Empire-combo exhibition way too late Sat night. Too much love for that game
  • HyperMarth: GGs, the amount you improved in the Chie MU between Sat and Sun was dramatic. See you at Frosty too hopefully. Also let it be known that this man wants to lick Izayoi's armpits. I have witnesses.
  • Obvious shoutouts to Ludwig Van for continuing to help me break into this community in his own weird way. Was Setsuna's ass warm?
  • ShinSyn: Great to see you and your unstoppable enthusiasm again. You shouldn't have lost a game to me in GG singles, lol. See you in 3 weeks.
  • Shoutouts to Biscuits for asking my name and where I'm from while completely wasted Friday night, then still remembering them 5 days later. Thank you for keeping these events hype.
  • Shoutouts to Shyn - I had no idea who you were, Logic just told me BB casuals were happening in the room. But then you were super nice and helpful to a BB newb like myself when we played. Then I heard your name announced on the team in Winners Finals of BB and was shocked, lol. Nice to meet you, and I'll work on that Valk matchup.
  • Shoutouts to Eshi for contributing to eliminating me from BB teams as fast as possible so I could play P4A the rest of the day :D
  • Shoutouts to LordKnight for the casuals at the Copa. I'll stop tech rolling now... promise. Sorry I have to bail on the podcast this Friday :(
  • Obligatory useless "shoutouts to everyone I didn't see or play but would have liked to" post goes here

Shout outs time....This will be long ;__;...and random...i'm just adding stuff as it comes to mind.

• First, my godlike teammates Landis (Huey) and Jay (Shyn), There is no way i would have gotten to experience the main stage w/o you guys carrying me. Next time i hope i can OCV a team too ;___;. Shyn I'm stealing your valk color.
  • Room 240-242 aka NY and friends :p. Zidane,SKD,Lich,Cirno,Beastolee,Chaz,Liston,Ahmaad,Xaq,Alz (thanks for chugging all the gatorade :( ), malik and people who weren't in our room but stayed anyway like Biscuits,Drunkenchicken and Fox lol, AND we Can't forget George AKA Omni. The shit that was talked into 6AM each morning was great. 3 Types of meat. 3 types of cheeses.
  • Alan "St1ckbug" Bakes aka my favorite white person. You are a god. Nothing more needs to be said.
  • PNW X Texas Every year Team Skype Bros ™ gets closer and closer to meeting fully offline. Didn't take long for me to remember why you guys were my bros. Had a great time hanging out with everyone <3. Red VS Blue was nuts lol. KV carried the team on his back tho. C0r you are godlike too...you cleared the air on a lot of things for me ;; Stream Monstering Marvel IRL was great. Vergil ruins lives.
  • Huey, SKD,LK,Shyn and KV for the numerous pep talks over the weekend that helped me play better as the tournament went along so i wouldn't let my team down ;;
  • Digital Watches I remember when your DL title said "doesn't even exist" almost thought that was true. It was nice meeting you...you we're hella cool to stay up and talk about random things with...the only reason I'm not proposing to you is because of Zidane...and because....
  • ....JAIS You are one the most chill charismatic people I've ever met lol. We don't play the same games but i almost challenged you to GG just because lol (pussied out though). Your bridget was godlike, and i hate that character with a passion. Grats on winning the tournament!
  • The west coast folk that came out! We really have to repay the favor one day. Shtkn pls unban sogos. He'll behave I promise. Good games delta....I should have played the reigning evo champ in casuals too ;-;. I'm actually glad we got stuck Sunday, got to have some bro moments with BrkrDv lol. Ilu Bell.
  • Canada...it is always a blast to see you guys ;-; I won't make promises but i want to make UMAD a possibility for myself next year....I have a passport and that's seemingly the hard part!!! Thanks Kirbster for keeping true to your word and buying me a drink (even though i drank a coke like a bitch..no alcohol for me lol)
  • Congrats Grover on winning the last Big Persona tournament!! Shoutouts to SKD's first round tournament match being the first time he touched the game in months and he got second lol.
  • Shout outs to Zidane almost getting into a fight because of "Kaqn", I had your back tho.
  • DC, you're always hilarious to hang out with lol. Setsuna it was nice to meet you....i didn't even have to guess who could possibly be repping Kirino that hard. She a shit tho.
  • Shout outs to the bus rides to and from philly...and Me, SKD and Zidane in skype chats to communicate despite being like 1 foot apart because old women told us to stop talking.
  • Congrats to everyone who placed well in the tournament, especially the Kagura + Kokonoe team lol.
  • This is going on too long...it was nice meeting/seeing everyone again..stay godlike guys <3

Fuck Kokonoe.

The ice car was calculated, not random. #ThatsALowNow

LOVE PHANTOM

Forgive me. I'm bad at shoutouts so..............................................

First! Shoutouts to St1ckbug and Big E of course.

St1ckbug for running anime. He work so hard for running this shit. Give him the credit he deserves. Thanks Alan. By the way, Sorry for being late for my my 2nd GG Losers match. I know you said something about messing up the brackets. I thought I was done for when I lost to I think Roldy I don't remember. But still I'm sorry.

Big E for having the best event. Please expect me to come back to the next NEC event next year. I wish I can come to Winter Brawl and SummerJam but I can't. Love Your Tournaments.

- Shoutouts - - If I missed anybody, forgive me please. My memories is so terrible. -

Circuitous - Nice person, very friendly, he took me to the Copa friday night and took me back to the hotel. I wish I can get to know you more.

Huey - I think you was drunk at the Copa but you lost to a netplaying noel (Me). You got a nice Tsubaki, I give you that.

BenFish??? I think? - I appreciate for being my 3rd teammate at the last minute. Thanks!

LogicHole - It was nice meeting you. I wish I get to know you more.

Jyosua - Nice to meet you. GG's for beating me and BB Teams and GG Singles. I wish I get to know you more.

DJ Huoshen - First time meeting you in person. I remember netplaying you when JP BBCS came out. GG's on BB Team match and thanks for the Makoto matchup advice. You have the best drink btw. I think it fucked up tone.

Chosen Ninja - Nice to meet you in person. I wish I get to know you more. Hopefully we know each other more and play each other BB or P4U2 (When it comes out) when I go to UFGT. (Hopefully)

Delta and Nano - Two West Coast Noel players I enjoy watching. Great performance you two. I learned a few new basics combos that can be very useful to help improve my Noel. Thanks guys. I wish I can get to know you two more.

Brkrdave - GG's for that BB Singles tournament match. Great to have friends to improve your Rachel vs Noel matchup. Netplay don't give you crap :( Nice to meet you by the way.

Tsuntenshi/Setsuna - Great to meet you in person. Very nice guy. I respect this guy for his love for his waifu. Wish I get to know you more.

Tone - Special Shoutouts to your drunk side. One of my best moments ever. Experiencing Drunk Tone. Wish I get to know you more. What me died on the inside when he called Kurumster the best white boy he ever met. I think he was referring to Huoshen I think. I definitely need to see you again (when your drunk). I need to make a sequel to this shit.

DarkTalon, Shaka, Daryl, and Numakie - Nice to meet you guys. Wish I get to know you guys more. Special thanks to Talon and Shaka for taking this drunk to his room.

Jourdal - for being the Anime MVP at NEC14. You bring the hype to the anime crowd.

BatousaiJ - A Great friend to have. He looks out for you. We need to play each other more often. Local and/or Netplay. Great Job OCV'ing the first team we played. The MVP of our team. Thanks again for joining my team on short notice. Lol to those shoutouts about me. Gotta show these guys that Noel is the damn best. "Ban Noel???" Hell to the ************* No

Shinsyn - Nice guy. Great team and nice hanging out with you. Thanks for telling me about room 350. Wish I get to play you more on all games.

Axis The Cat - I just don't understand why but still funny as shit.

Skye and Blakmaphia - Nice to meet both you too.

Akira-Shiro - Finally Met you in person. Wish to get to know you more. Good shit winning BB Teams with Omni and Danke I think it was.

Tenryo - I wish I know how to play Rui on Chaos Code but great to see you still rep that Chaos Code. Its a great game.

Too all that I met for the first time, I wish I get to know you all more.

- Personal Shoutouts -

Clarion Hotel - For Cold water, bad elevators, and no stairs to access to the first floor. Other then that its not bad.

Sunday's Snowstorm - For Screwing up everyone's commute.

My New RJ45 to USB. I though I was going to be screwed when I lost my RJ45 to USB cable but thanks to Gummowned but it doesn't run on some PS3. I think it made botched C-Satsuki when I was playing Malik on MBAACC but a lost is a lost. The worst part is it doesn't work on my Super Slim PS3 now. I'm going to sell it on ebay for $5. Anybody wants it.

Room 350 - It was an epic Saturday night/Sunday late night with you guys. Check out what went down in room 350 here. I should get at least 2 portable chargers if I'm record something like this again and stop talking too much.

My terrible Jam on GG Singles. After losing to Jyosua, Roldy (I think) and DerQ. I really need to step my GG game up.

I will see everyone at NEC next year.

P.S. To all the Netplayers. Share this to the Netplay General somebody please.

Go to a major. Trust me when I say this, you won't regret it. Winning or Losing doesn't really matter, its about having a wonderful time of your life. Meeting new friends that you met here on Dustloop or Netplay. Its really worth it.

- TrueGunnerShadow

The door going out on the right in the staircase; left you right on the lobby floor! :)

Welp here's my attempt at a Shoutout thing.

Shout to St1ckbug/Alan and Big E for hosting another amazing tournament.

Shout to everyone who helped run brackets for each game.

shout to the p4u room 204, had a blast playing games, hanging out with everyone, haunted bathroom, project diva, a RIP Grant, and our dumb EMP execution segment

shout to SKD, it was one hell of a GFs, didn't think it would end up between a narukami mirror match. And congrats on winning BBCP singles

Shout to Zealous5000 and Naotolololol fo reaching top 8, you guys made NJ proud to rep low tiers

shout to everyone I played against in casuals/tourney in P4U, which were Omex, SecretHighTier, Travis/Vista, Brkrdv, Delta, Bill307, Kaeru, The jin player on bill's team(sorry never got your name), Superscience and your teammate who played Litchi, Pain, MotheHawk, Omnix, Anne Frank, DC, SKD(again), Bace,

Shout to DaiAndOh for suggesting to go with Team Rokrew for BBCP teams, better than anything i thought of =/

Shout to an amazing 3v3 top 4 performance from all 4 teams that made it.

Shout to RIP Saturday archives. ( i heard what happened, unfortunate ;_; )

Shout to the snow for providing a fridge (the balcony), as well as trapping everyone =/

Shout to ichigo's Tensa bankai

Shout to the amazing matches from the GG community

shout to meeting new/old people, Ludwig, Hellfire, Kurumster, Hypermarth, VRraiden, Shinsyn, Kidviper, Doug Cheeseburger, LPT, GroovyMango, Shaka, Lich, Huey, Jourdal, Biscuits, Omnisscythe, Nobodyexe, Chosenninja, Mastatoken, Dark Talon, Ehrik, setsuna, and if i missed you VERY SORRY!

It was one hell of an event. Also, i'll try to get more into BBCP and GG+R(thank you XBL), but can't guarentee i'll be good at them immediately, hopefully average? at least enough to put up a fight!

By the way, how did the whole Macros banned (unless both players agree) situation work out for everyone?

I don't think it was ever an issue. I know I brought it up for all my matches and people were understanding, asked who I played, and said I could since I stuck to Jam. Dunno how it worked out in other matches or if people even remembered but I never heard about any drama. Hell I know in casual matches some people were using macro Justice and still were losing lol.

Basically macros aren't an issue.

This is probably the only time I can do shoutouts sooooo if I played you, GGs. If I talked to you, GGs. Tournament was amazing. Karaoke was amazing. Thriller >>>>>>> *

Absolutely Epic NEC this year. I didn't think it could get any more hype than last year but somehow it's on a whole new level.. The sheer numbers, the level of competition, the team hype, the upsets and the energy..

Just wow.

Thank you St1ckbug, thank you BigE, thank you C0R, thank you Dai and everyone who ran brackets and helped organize this event.

Shoutouts !!!!!

To St1ckbug for being glorious. You often say how you didn't want to become an icon of the anime fighting game community, and it's that humility and selflessness that makes you the light in our eyes. We fight and train and stress and cheer and travel - THANKS TO YOU. I love you man.

To my teammates, Roldy and Bill !! We had such a blast this weekend. Thank you so much for taking me on, i couldn't ask for better than you guys. I don't even have words to express how much fun I had thanks to you two !! So much tamashii in Ikaruga !!

C0R, it was a real honor and a pleasure to meet you. We didn't get to FITE, but I am burning with anxiousness for the day we can be locked in battle !! Let me buy you a drink when you come to Montreal. You inspire confidence to the people around you. I know everything is going smoothly when you're taking care of it, and we are lucky to have had you help running this event !

DaiAndOHHHHH !!! My friend, it's always such a pleasure to see you again. We didn't FITE either, it will just have to wait for MAD !!! We can rock some gundam and BB and GG and everything you want to play. I wish i could've been there more days so we could hang out !!

Digital Watches ! Thanks so much for hanging out with me at the tournament ! It was great to talk shit and cheer on matches with you. I will not forget that set with MarlinPie and yourself. You bring the hype with you. You've got that smooth personality and sharp dress and confident smile that shows you can take on anything. LET'S FITE !!!!!

Shtkn !!! Everytime I see you on the east coast I am impressed ! It mustn't be easy for you to travel so far, but This event is a better one because you're there !! I truly mean that.

Circuitous ! It was so good to see you, my friend. You're looking better than ever !!! Your positive attitude and positive spirit would be right at home in Montreal, you should consider moving up here so we can hang out all the time !!! I wish we could've had some matches, but honestly i regret nothing. Seeing you always makes me happy !

Amadeous ! We barely saw each other !! UNACCEPTABLE !!! I demand some old fashioned FITE next time we have a chance !! And let's go hang out afterwards, too !! The Jam cosplayer with us was super cool, very pleasantly surprised !!

SKD !! east coast USA is DAMN lucky to have you. Such a strong caliber player and personality, alike. I am not in the least afraid to admit that i admire you. I hope we can have time to shoot the breeze and mash some more buttons next time ! We only fought once, but it meant everything to me. Thank you.

da HUEY !! The one man i actually got to sit down and play. I treasure every opportunity and I'll hold on to your advice. I look forward to our next FITE.

Lord Knight, thanks for the good times we had drinking and talking shit !! I was kinda sad we barely hung out last year, but man did we have fun this time !!! Expect lots of good times at MAD this year !!!

Kid Viper ! I dunno if you read the forums much, but stay godlike !!! It's an honor for me to say that I've met you. You have a strong spirit, I can tell just from the look in your eyes. It makes me want to FITE !!! Let's have a good one next time !!

DC, thanks for being such a brother. I finally got to meet you for real this time and I'm really grateful. You don't seem like the type to check the forum very often, but that's OK, you don't need shoutouts to know how great a time we had ! Say hi to Theo for me if you read this. Peace !

Lich !! Hang out with me at every tournament, man ! I want you to count me as a friend. I admire your courage.

Kirbster. Thanks for sharing the ride back with me. It was a pleasure to drive with you to talk to all the way home. The time just flew by. You're a true friend and I love you.

Brice !! Bwhaha godlike player who belongs to Montreal ! Thanks for the drink, it came from far away and cost so much and you shared it with me, how do i say thank you to that? Thanks is not enough for your time, your energy, your spirit and all the good you bring to us everyday. Goodluck with your exams ! Life and FITE are both damn good when you're around. If you ever need anything, I'm there for you.

DerQ, I wish so I coudl've seen that reverse OCV into top 16. You are AMAZING !!!

Airmaster, that cool guy attitude, did you have fun my friend?

Dhaos, I hope you took the time to really enjoy yourself and meet new people !!

Shoutouts to those who enjoyed my commentary in stream chat. It was a lot more fun than i thought it would be !

To everybody who came to NEC, KEEP THAT SPIRIT BURNING !! It's because of each person who made it out that it was a gdlk event !!

By the way, how did the whole Macros banned (unless both players agree) situation work out for everyone?

It wasn't even an issue at NEC to my knowledge. The people who deserved to be in Top 8 still made Top 8, Nothing game breaking happened and there were a handful of pad players there.

Special shoutouts to Jourdal: The reason Top 4 was hype !!

I'll never forget Kirbster standing up at the end of a round, eyes wide and mouth agape, as if looking at the messiah as he said:

"Jourdal is real !!"

#JourdalIsReal2013

Special shoutouts to SUPERSCIENCE !!! are we fated to fight each other at every tournament?! This FITE was glorious, and I am sure the next will be even more grand !

I should do some shoutouts.

Room 202: Amadeous, Shinobi, Kitsoru, Mahouko, plus ShinSyn and Her_Omen. Not the easiest room to sleep in, but hanging out with you all was great. Happy to finally meet Mahouko and Kitsoru, too.

Speaking of, I'm glad I finally got to meet: sogos, bbq_sawss, TrueGunnerShadow, Omex, SK, Jyosua, Eshi, AMB Bakery, Tonberry, Ehrik, Kenji, Mynus, Isaiah, XAQ, Setsuna, Shazay, Stone, M.Song, Kurumster, Numakie, Tone, C0r, etc. Sorry if I forgot to list you here, my memory's really bad. Please yell at me if I forgot you.

Shoutouts to everyone I hugged. Not one person refused, that was really nice.

Shoutouts to KyleW and Fleshpounder for letting me team with them in BB, even though we all sucked. Let's train up!

Shoutouts to Ailerus for winning VSav!

Also, apologies to Kaeru, Kurumster, and everyone I dodged in GG. I didn't mean to, honest! It was just really hard to find where casuals were happening, and I'm not in a position to spend a lot of time walking around looking for rooms. :(

Shoutouts to once again missing every group picture.

Shoutouts to hard read 2H at the start of the round.

Shoutouts to spending three rounds conditioning the tick grab setup and then not abusing Heat Knuckle, allowing Mahouko to go Super Saiyan. I'm sorry, Team Red. I'm so sorry.

GGs to everyone I played, in casuals and in tournament. Ehrik/Blakmaphia in BB teams, Amadeous/DaiAndOh/Mahouko in GG teams. I forget who I played in GG singles, I was completely out of it by the time my pool happened, which sucked. The team event completely made up for it, though.

BRB moving to Montreal.

Kaeru should write a book, I'd read it. This colorful vocabulary is stunning to look at lol.

Also it surprised me when you told me you were 30!! You look younger ;~;

Yooooo Crossfire !!! Shoutouts to you, too. Why did we only meet minutes before my departure!? It will only add to the hype for next time !!!! I look forward to it.

I'll keep this short and sweet.

First of all shoutouts to shoutouts.

Shoutouts to my NY guys, I'm just glad we survived the eternal wawa journeys.

Shoutouts to everyone I met/played for the first time, I always enjoy finally being able to put names to faces.

Shoutouts to everyone that I already know outside of the northeast area. I hate how big the gaps between our hangouts are. Always great to see you all.

Shoutouts to all the TO's. You guys don't get enough credit sometimes and for that I'm sorry.

I hope to see you all again soon. Hopefully before next Nec.

@DW: I'm actually dead serious. I was thinking of that area even before hearing about prices from you. I just have family stuff going on atm so it'll be a little while before I can think about moving. But when I do, pnw is a serious option.

Shoutouts time ^^

Special Thanks

Kyle - Of course you know, as biased as I am haha, you are totally my favorite person in the community. Thanks for being there alongside me during all my matches and supporting me that exact same way when we were just scrubs. You're the best <3 Congrats with your GG protege placing so high and congrats with your Vampire protege winning it big. We all don't forget who taught us what to get to where we are (^_^) [That's also looking at you Kyle, Koogy, Veteru you all have directly taught me the most about this game throughout the years, sincerely thank you].

Alan - Fantastic meeting you! Thank you so much for all of your selfless hardass work for streaming, TO, community driving and being genuine, extraverted and fun. You get Karaoke award, third place! "Ignition" was so boss haha. Again, great job being a consistent dick with tournament running. It's exactly what we need and your tournament run smooth and on point. It's great to see such black and white from you with your "working face" and your "chilling face"

Prucha - Always a pleasure good sir. Beard too powerful, Mr. best Venom in America! Thanks so much for opening up your hotel room for casuals. That place when from 0-60mph hella fast but without it the entire downtime would have been lackluster. You made the casuals possible, mucho appreciated. Not only possible but hella fun! We chinese foodzd, debated ( mostly agreed lol ) and had good laughs the whole time. You always rock.

Biscuits - How did I not catch you first name again?!? Sincerely appreciate the ride to Copa and the chill times. You're louder and funnier now than 3 years ago Ha. You leveled up and it works for you - keep at it son.

Marcel (name?) - Thanks much for the ride to WaWa, I was a total stranger and you were chill and open to this random pretty white kid tagging along. You are a perfect example of why I love the FGC in general.

Josh - I'm giving Biscuits and Marcel credit yeah, but really, we both know you arranged it all. Thanks for all of your hospitality: free wawa food, free hotel room snack buffet, free communial homemade mead, free autoguards, just - yeah. You are a very good thing for your scene and NY is lucky to have you. Did I also mention that your: abahre, optimization, conversion and auto guards are fucking amazing? Your Anji is where it is at. Makes me want to play him even. Excellent matches, fun casuals and thanks for chilling all weekend. Glad to finally get the opportunity to meet you more personably.

Mark - Great job with casuals and even more so defeating Leroy in tourney to defend OH :thumbsup: I appreciate you opening your hotel room up to me and letting me crash with Kyle. Keep showing me how to Magnus, Ill deliver one day, I promise.

Alex - Congrats on the placing, PNW nigga! :highfive: Good job leveling up your dress (except your shoes), nice job mindfucking me with SonicBoomHS faint Anti-Anti-Jump garbage...which hurt very badly. Looking forward to meeting up more in Portland/Seattle to level up our games. Thanks for the hotel room and hanging out the whole time. It felt great to have a PNW presence there on my side - we rock :)

New Friends

Ahmaad - You are an awesome dude. I had a great time talking real life, talking GG, talking the scene/community and just generally getting to know your cool ass. I am happy you're headstrong and keeping the game alive, mad respect. Easily the best Johnny in America right now. More drinks in the right idea, make it happen!

Richard - Yoooo, I don't see how you do what you do! Clearly it works. Cleary. Mad Respect. :bow: You take risks I wouldn't dare take but holy gawd with your reads they pay off big for you. You're like a flailing wolverine that just always swings and when you hit you always go for big damage. You're like the exact opposite of me! Ha, I love it. I play conservatively and when I can hit I prefer a KD and Oki with little risk. Super happy you exist, you play well and are yourself a testament to how great this game we all share really is. Congrats on your strong performance on red vs blue. I chose you damn early because I knew you strong. Keep it up! Long live Bridget players :high five:

Jeff - I just assumed, with as much hardass work you put into video archiving that I would never meet you at a social event. You are crazy chill and a nice guy. Thank you so much for all of your hard work. I personally have enjoyed hundreds and hundreds of videos...the fruits of your labor. You enable the hell out of our scene to grow and learn. It is so highly appreciated. Please God never stop. :bow:

Eshi( didn't catch your name nooooo sorry mang ) - You were great. Excellent excellent basics and even though GG was not your main game I can easily tell from your Amane that you have some great talent. Loved watching your matches and honestly, if I played those BlazeBlue games (godforsaken console characters, godforsaken introverted anime kid demographic...) I would try and be you haha. You make Amane look super rad. Keep it up! Don't drop GG and we should just generaly hang out more. You sir, deserve karaoke award second place. We both knew that during that Goyte it was magic. Nice job sleeping on that falsetto until it counted, then BAM. Rockstar status achieved.

Brice - JUST DO IT! Having never met until this trip, I love what you bring with you: Light hearted, fun loving charisma that makes people laugh. I'll be visiting Montreal Jan/Feb? I'm 100% making a point to meet up with you and your scene! Thanks so much for sharing your microbrews and celebratory $$$Champagne. I absolutely love local cuisine when I travel. You've inspired me, next time I travel, I myself will bring local Seattle coffees and delicacies to share. I will level up to your hosting status one day. Lastly, Your match versus Zidane was brilliant. Even if it was just one set, honestly! The execution, reads and combos were all of the highest level of skill I might have even seen all weekend...

Isaiah - Excellent Faust, you are: humble, smart and a strong player. Great matches, I can just watch you absorbing every bit of information. You're going to be a force to reckon with in the near future...Im calling it now. You're honest and real, I like that. We should play more games next time...

OG Scene

Kenji(karaoke champion dun dun! All hail King Kenji, All hail King Kenji), Chaz, Eli, Eric, Wes list just goes on and on - I've missed you all. Games, like old times, were amazing and karaoke was the friggin best time of the whole weekend, looking forward to doing it again. Thanks for being exactly as fun as I remember you, much love! There are so many "best in America" in this pool it's insane, gah* you all rock.

All in all I'm very happy that the turnout was the biggest our scene has had in years. I do wish Isaac and crew, Tad and crew and other states could make it out. This was an amazing trip/tournament and I don't know what the community has decided ( if anything yet ) will have these numbers again for +R. Did anyone else notice that Final Round did not* announce +R as an official game... It honestly surprised me and stung a little bit. I don't know which tournament I have slated to attend next. It's rough with these three day tournaments to take off a lot of work and flyout ( locationally challenged and expensive ) whereas before, Kyle, myself and crew could carpool our cheap asses 6 hours in any cardinal direction and end up at a different tournament, split a hotel and poverty gamer it up for an inexpensive and amazing time in an quick weekend. That all said, I had amazing nostalgia at this huge +R tournament. It was a rejuvenating reminder of what else* I loved about Guilty Gear - you people. Thanks for being: fun, interesting, diverse, free spirit and just genuine good people.

I <3 GG FGC

^ One day, I wanna play you and Kyle in a long set. Not getting to fight you guys was my only regret this NEC ;o

My turn I suppose.

Shoutouts firstoff to Alan. You never volunteered to be known as a community figure. You never stepped into the spotlight. It's us who pointed it at you, because you're the person who most embodies what we love about our community. Thank you.

Shoutouts to being that Incredibly Hoarse Individual, croaking out brackets and Top16's. I'm sorry I had so much trouble communicating due to my voice being gone, luckily it came back in time for me to belt out shittalk in top4!

Shoutouts to my Teammates James and DaiAndOh, we gave Huey's team the closest match pre-top4, and that's something to be proud of. I know this was James' first tournament as a 'real' competitor and I just want to say that those weeklies with Veteru are really paying off, keep at it! Dai it was great to meet you and see your extremely... inventive Mu. Thank you for running reg and being great in general.

Shoutouts to Socal! Eddie, Nano, Delta, Shtkn you guys were a blast. I felt like I might have been able to clear the stigma between Brkrdv and I. I'm sorry I'm abrasive at times, I really like you! You guys coming out made the tournament that much more memorable. CLASH BATTLE was probably my favorite 10 seconds of the entire weekend. I have to find a Mu player to script one with now.

Shoutouts to Lich, I'm glad I was able to get some games in against one of the only real Relius players in america. Your team was my favorite to win the tournament. You were probably the nicest person I've ever met at a tournament. I'm glad my stick only bugged out on you once. Maybe I'll figure out how to beat j.3d before we fight again.

Shoutouts to Montreal: Brice, Kirbster, Kaeru, DerQ, Dhaos and the other guy! Always a pleasure, I'm glad I got to meet Kirbster and Kaeru for the first time, definitely must embattle ourselves in righteous combat at UMAD. I also never got a chance to redeem myself against Brice! Sorry I kept forgetting stuff in your room, I'll try to get better about that next year.

Shoutouts to Josh, rare to find an individual these days with the wherewithal to openly debate without prejudice in an honest manner. Thank you for being so hospitable and supportive! Maybe we can play GG next time.

Shoutouts to Top Players: LK and SKD. Steve dodging me cause he hates Mu and being actually too busy. SKD, good games when we got to play each-other for even that small time period, you're beginning to convince me that Izayoi isn't as bad as she could be. SKD it was especially great talking with you on a personal level, you're a great guy and I hope you come out to a WC event so we can show you the legendary PNW hospitality.

Shoutouts to PNW ROOM Red vs Blue Oh, my, god. Actually the best thing to come out of NEC. Everything from piss drunk everybody to One-Button-Nano to RPS to Alan playing games... It was the most honest international scene bonding moment I have ever experienced.

Shoutouts to the Homies Traivs, Landis, Shaka, Jayson, Jais, Digital Watches. Good shit. Pizza was godlike. Drinks all around. PNW Master Race.

Shoutouts to everyone EC I met for the first time Ama, ChosenNinja, Omen, JOUURRRDALLLL, Omni, BatousaiJ, Superscience, just to name a few. The entire weekend was a whirl of memories and good times, so I appologize if I missed anyone.

Overall I had a great community experience at NEC14, and am definitely planning on making it out to more EC events in the future both as a competitor and as community member.

Thanks for coming out everyone you guys are the BEST

Alan I have no words for what you do and mean to the anime Fgc. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR ME AND BIGE GAMING.

Jais, my name is Jose. I think only Alan calls me that though.

Everyone seems to like my handle haha.

Shout outs to everyone who came out and enjoyed their time. I don't want to get specific with the shout outs because there's far too many people.