Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacArthur Blunts

Slayer AC+R Q&A

Don't have the game yet but how are you setting up combos off 2D-RC? Is it worth the 50% meter anymore?

Nvm: figured it out.

What dust combo are you doing now? (In AC I was doing 5D -> j.D x 3 -> air dash -> j.D~j.2k~j.k -> land -> move and jc into aircombo).

This is a more a + Slayer question. Ive been trying to get back on my Slayer grind, I gave him up a while ago, but when I started with him I was new to the game so I was God aweful. I can finally get The Rest every time I attempt it(not all that impressive I know but, but its a start) but I have a horrible time setting it up. What are some not super situational ways to lead up to an air combo like The Rest?

Hey Mac, any tips on getting the grounded 6H combos?

Sometimes it feels like the timing is really lenient after the iad. j.D, while at others the j.2k won't even come out.

Does this have to do with the floaty iad j.D?

Hey Mac, any tips on getting the grounded 6H combos?

Sometimes it feels like the timing is really lenient after the iad. j.D, while at others the j.2k won't even come out.

Does this have to do with the floaty iad j.D?

It probably had to do with doing the j.D as early as possible during the airdash which would give you time to execute the j.2K. It's the same as the old IAD j.k j.k combos where you had to input the first j.k as early as possible in order to get the second one in on time.

When can you connect j.D > j.2K? Is it character dependent? I didn't play much AC so I'm a bit lost on the post-Slash combos.

To add to sophisticats post, if you go into an air combo, using j.s can help in adjusting the height to have j.2k, j.D >j.2k, j.k relaunch/j.D to connect.

Been out of the game for a while. What are the basic BnB starters for Slayer into an air combo? I know comboing to BBU still leads into an air combo with 6H, but not sure what are some of the better meterless combos are and navigating through the forums seems to be hit and miss.

Hopefully this is my last question, in the vid below Dogura cancels a JD into Dandy http://youtu.be/9nkT0S6zGkI?t=6m40s

How is this possible?

When i saw your post i thought i was about to see J.D linked into dandy step followups. With the qcbx2.S super you should buffer the motion as soon as  you press D and then press S after it has connected, if you try to do the motion and button after you see D connect then you will miss the cancel window.

You can also do (which i think is personally the better way of doing it) 2k, qcb D, qcb.S, this feels a bit weird at first but after you are used to it you dont need to rush the motion or anything you can just perform it smoothly and cleanly (moreso than 2k, j.D, qcbx2.S imo)

I am interested though in what seems to be the fact that you are somebody playing GG in London that doesnt come to HOG on fridays(unless you are in London in america or canada or something, as i believe there is one of those), You should come down, i've been trying to build (lol) a consistent group of players and we have had upwards of 10-15 players down the last few weeks. If you dont know about HOG you can pm me for details or something

Hey guys, what air combo do you use on light characters like Baiken? I noticed my BnB air combo j.K>j.2K>j.K>dj.K>j.2K>j.D doesn't work on her as she's just floating away. Should I just keep my combos on the ground?

do j.K, j.K-2K, dj.K, j.D-2K, j.K/D on baiken. you should have plenty of time to double jump between the j.2K and the third j.K. baiken's air hurtbox is fucked up in general (BBU > 6H is tough, etc)

you can link into BBU from 2H, deep j.K on standing opponents, crosswise heel, CH under pressure, CH it's late, CH (under pressure,) it's late, CH 6H, bite FRC... during air combos you can BBU after close to the ground j.K/j.H, 6H (you should FB pile instead if possible), 2P (1 frame link!), even 2D if you hit really late during the slide.

as always, experiment

So Slayer can give his specials some invincibility by tiger knee-ing them from his dash, right?

Can anybody give me a good way and tips to practice that? (Also is it still in Xrd?)

You'll hear the sound of a dash, and probably see the start up of it too. Slayer should slightly distort and then go right into the special. You may want to attempt it first with Bite, since it's the same motion in +R, and he doesn't make a loud noise for the move, so you can hear the dash effect better.