Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nnecron

[GGXXAC+R]My impression of +R OS

I got my hands on +R and tried out OS for few months so here is my impression.

I know damage isn't the most important thing in combos, but some of his combo starters got extra prorate, which bothers me. His grab(40%), Gunblaze(85%), and JHS(I don't know the exact number) are his moves that got weakened as combo parts.

As a lot of you may know his charge meter got improved so there are some possibility that his combo can extend further. His 5HS has more untechable time (+2) which can be used like fafnir>dash 2S>5HS>lvl2BRP(knockdown). For this reason 5HS can be more useful as an anti-air. Speaking of BRP, the air version now have 37F of untechable frames which guarantees knockdown from pretty much every combos. Not to mention slower depletion of Charge meter gives you enough time for that lvl2 BRP. Another highlight is lvl2 BHB where it makes your opponent wall-stick for D loop which can result into damage of 165.

Don't get me wrong though I'm rather happy about the changes since there are things that can compensate for his additional prorates. I just miss the feeling of getting damage from D loop and now the damage is coming more from his special attacks. He also feels even more dependent on Charge meter than ever, and I think AC OS had that balance between usage of normals and specials when you wanted to extend damage.

so 5h combos into L2BRP on standing now? thats nice. didnt notice that.

i prefer specials in combos to d-loop so im happy if your impression is that specials are stronger

and you say 165 dmg on BHB combo, whats the full notation? or is it just BHB into d-loop?

so 5h combos into L2BRP on standing now? thats nice. didnt notice that.

No, the combo after fafnir works because enemy is launched in the air. That's why I mentioned +2 extra untechable frame of 5H and 5H being a better anti-air in +R than before.

you say 165 dmg on BHB combo, whats the full notation? or is it just into d-loop?

I was refering to a combo like lvl2BHB(AC)>dash c.S>J.HD>J.HD>BRPlvl2(knockdown). lvl2BHB's wallstick time is long enough to AC and continue your combo as long as you are close to your opponent.

Hey, but Order sol combos now seem to be more longer than in AC. Also love the fact that is more easy go to for the Dustloop.

I dont think that this dmg is worse than Ac. Im pretty sure that i saw some dmg combos on youtube or nico video.

J.S is awesome now. Now is how it should have been before!

I'm not really complaining about the overall damage. I just personally liked inflicting damage from dustloop itself. For instance, in +R a combo against Sol like "throw>dash J.HD>J.HD>c.S>HJ.SHD>lvl2.BRP" only does 125 damage while in AC+ it does 146 damage.

I'm going to wait until the US version gets the +R update, but in the meantime I'll post some thoughts from my short time experimenting.

The two biggest changes to me are the buff to lvl2 BHB and the new charge gauge drain speed. When these two are put together, it makes his offense a lot scarier near the corner because he can just pressure with a safe confirm that gives him advantage again and leads to a combo on hit. The damage is really not that spectacular but it's the overall offense generated by this combination that can be impressive. The BHB also causes a wallstick from much farther than you'd expect. I was able to do dash 2S at round start distance into lvl2 BHB, then dash and follow up with f.S-HS -> lvl2 BRP, though timing has to be perfect at that range. When you add in the buffs that most of his level 2 moves got, having high level 2 makes HOS very dangerous. His neutral game is better thanks to the lvl2 RI buff in speed and giving a hard knockdown, along with it being advantage on block. Lvl2 BRP giving a small combo in the corner is good too, along with general utility in other combos thanks to the 5HS untech time buff. You can do Fafnir midscreen into dash 2S-5HS -> lvl2 BRP, then Fafnir again. If you are in range, you can tack on a lvl2 RI at the end for a combo that does over 50% damage and gives you an untechable knockdown with a free AC, giving you just enough time for a run up meaty light attack or 6K. Lvl2 GB is improved too, the untech time was increased so you get easier combos afterwards, plus the first flame is guaranteed to come out after a certain time. You can use it in footsie situations and there is a chance it will trade and give you a free combo, otherwise if the opponent blocks you get free offense. Can't reverse with it like you could with lvl1 GB in Slash, but this explains why you'll see players randomly do lvl2 GB midscreen sometimes.

There's a lot more detail to go over, but I wanna get some vs matches in before I get too excited. As is, I'm looking forward to exploring the character even more, he feels like a real powerhouse.

It's also useful to know that lvl2.BHB wallstick is long enough to do things at corner like "5.K>c.S>5.HS>lvl2.BHB AC> dash c.S>HD.JC>HD>lvl2.BRP". Lvl3.GB is also guaranteed to come out just like lvl2 version of it.

I find O-sol has great midscreen potential with maximum fire. He can confirm lvl 3 236K into 5H>623H(lvl3) and still have enough fire for a lvl 2 236K ender after the dust loop...and this is just midscreen.

Also, lvl3 236P on air hit now hits 3 times, they don't fall out of it like they used to, it allows you to confirm more wonky pokes with it.

Lastly, the OTG properties of lvl 3 savage fang are just nuts. All those impossible to confirm max range jH counterhits just got scary as hell. :D