Sign in to follow this  
TITANIUM BEAST!!!

[+R] Order-Sol Q&A Thread

How should I utilize JHS to close in the gap?

Whenever I try to close in towards my opponent by IAD JHS, I get punished right after JHS is blocked even without it being instant blocked. I'm noticing the pattern that whenever I get punished for it I'm usually hitting the opponent at higher altitude so I try to delay JHS but that seems a bit too risky to me because I'm giving more time to react to my attack.

How should I utilize JHS to close in the gap?

Whenever I try to close in towards my opponent by IAD JHS, I get punished right after JHS is blocked even without it being instant blocked. I'm noticing the pattern that whenever I get punished for it I'm usually hitting the opponent at higher altitude so I try to delay JHS but that seems a bit too risky to me because I'm giving more time to react to my attack.

Yeah that sounds like you're doing J.HS at too high of a height.

Using J.HS as a jumpin to close is good as long as you don't get predictable with it. A lot of newer HOS players I've seen and fought love to IAD J.HS at ranges where they can get AA'd for free or just air thrown out of it.

I tend to like IAD jPPPPPPP for these kinds of things more than jH unless I can get a really deep one. If you're like, JCing a far 5S or something then jH just feels too slow and people can just jump away while if you jP you'll still actually make them block something and then you can gatling into jH in the air once you reach the proper height. It's likely a scrubbish approach but in the way of mastering all the other stuff it has helped me a lot where it counts.

I don't like IAD approaches in general with HOS. That may be my old man talking but I think you will generally fare better with learning how to approach on the ground and saving IAD for mostly punish situations.

i like jump/double jump j.ppppppp to approach from the air over iad, unless they commited to something and i know i wont get AA'd

After 2D knockdown, you can do dash neutral jump j.S > stuff. Neutral jump is the most important part, as is timing the neutral jump at different dash momentums to do 50/50. You have a long time to decide what to do, can make it a safejump if you just FD whenever they've gotten up, or you can do the j.S early if you think they'll be standing, can gatling into punch or kick depending on what side you're on. If your opponent is in the corner, you can do the same type of dash neutral jump into deep j.S and then jump cancel j.P/K/S. If you really want to, you can do the jump really early as an empty jump and then land 2K (or throw if you've got them really scared).

I would recommend doing this only to characters without reversal options or someone who has a reversal respects your setup.

Is L2 RI plus on block? The frame data page says +4 but the main page -1. I'm assuming that one just wasn't updated?

IIRC it's minus, but the opponent can't really punish it.

I think they changed Lv2 RI to + on block. Japanese wiki says recovery has changed from 17F to 14F. Test it and you can see that RI animation ends earlier than opponent's block stun.

Edited by nnecron

What's the timing for fuzzy guard setup like J.S(blocked)>J.HS>J.D? I can hit J.S deep enough that it hits a crouching opponent, but I can't hit J.HS>J.D consistently. I've set dummy's guard behavior to "first" and let it crouch. This is how I'm practicing it but if this isn't a good simulation for the setup let me know about it and tell me why this setup isn't working for me.

They're not supposed to be crouching for a fuzzy guard. That's the point of it, the j.HS j.D part would normally whiff if they crouched, but if it's fast enough after they block j.S standing, their hurtbox won't change to the crouching hurtbox even if their holding down-back. If they're crouching for the first j.S and get hit, you have to confirm that into a regular combo instead of jump cancelling.

The best way to check your fuzzy guard works is imo to record the dummy doing it, then block the first hit high and immediately hold down back. If it hits, you got it right. If the dummy whiffs over you as you crouch, you did it too slow.

I knew that's the point, but I thought the dummy was programmed to automatically stand up when they got hit by a high attack and crouch back afterwards.

Regardless, I'll try your method. Thanks.

Edited by nnecron

I feel dumb for not noticing before but how do you time gunblaze oki so it crosses up? I never noticed but my timing always had it where the gunblaze would hit on the same side I start on. 

Hmm I guess what I meant to say is how do I not make it cross up? The video doesn't go over it. For example if I end a combo with 2D how do I get the double gunblaze to hit on the side I didn't start on?

Only way I can think of is if they FD it making it a un-cross up since that particular setup will almost always cross-up.

Is there any setup that will get it to not cross up? The cross up seems weak if it will always hit on the same side, though I know there's other things you can do aside it but I'd like to know if I can have left/right mix up.

Thanks btw for the help!

If you really wanted to you could do Gunblaze ~ late dashing Gunblaze but remember you're running the risk of getting grabbed. Also you'd think having it cross-up most of the time is weak, but mixing it up with other options like 2K, 2H, Meaty RI, 6K really makes it stronger than what you give it credit for.

Sign in to follow this