Sign in to follow this  
TITANIUM BEAST!!!

[+R] Order-Sol Critique Thread

Very nice! I'd like to see more AA gun blazes out of you though. Especially when you're trapped in the corner and he comes in to pressure you from the air.

Very nice! I'd like to see more AA gun blazes out of you though. Especially when you're trapped in the corner and he comes in to pressure you from the air.

i've had little success with aa gb since i'd just get stuff with whatever jumpin or the gb would just whiff. i've had better success with air throw than gb

gat, DAYUM. Brandspringo went in! Everybody was like "Black snake got this free." 4 matches later they was like: ".... fk just happened? Venom bad match up confirmed..."

They got vids of the matches? I remember months ago seeing a set of Brandino vs BlackSnake and brandino doing well.

http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyexe/b/490949017

I think the timestamp is like 1:22:00. I know for certain it happened immediately after the team tournament so just look a little past that.

Kenji sure knows how to take apart HOS though. He has had a lot of practice vs me, Destin, and WUT.

That sword is ... bleh though.

Most of the things that I have learned:

He has a low profile some times so 5p is pretty risky on run up.

Block high after the first 2(?) hits of the sword.

All sword hits while zappa is in the air are considered high. The ruff part is that he can land and jump and get a hit almost instantly.

Block the ghosts and wait for the 3rd one to be gone before running in.

Get the fk outa the corner when the dog shows up, any means necessary.

Watch for his 'running' overhead multi-hit thing.

Gotta be able to block those force breaks. I dunno the frame data but if you can block Venoms force break on reaction, then you can block his npnp, I guess you have to be used to seeing it. Also I think you get hit as soon as or right before the noise in some parts of the force break. It's very... fast?..

His DP doesn't give him 3 orbs anymore so I feel better rushing him down.

Standard combos apply, very easy to combo zappa.

Never ever jump vs Rawu(sp?). Ironically most zappas get reckless once he is out, so you can land some pretty juicy fafnirs and drain the meter because he is easy to combo, very risky but very rewarding; highly advise agaisnt it unless you are feeling your self.

As far as baiting zappa? I don't think there is much to bait outside of the ghosts. Maybe the vomit but that projectile is pretty serious.

Rockit works surprisingly well. The hitbox for HOS goes low then he jets forward, this dodges a lot of stuff that you think would hit. Depending on positioning, Rockit hits funny on zappas short profile hitbox. What I mean is that you might hit on the later active frames which allows you to maybe combo on a normal hit.

Most people can see 2hs as it is telegraphed. Most people don't block it because if they don't push a button, they take a little bit of damage, don't have to try and react, and they are even if not plus. Kinda like level 1 BRP. Yeah -1 on block. I only use it as a throw bait, but I use it wrong half the time and get thrown anyway. Then usual 2k -> 2s -> 2hs is nice and tricky and hit's from mad far away. That might catch people more; especially the pokers.

Lements of heavies. ~~

it's a hard fight for people that don't know the way to fight it. far slash into IAD pressure even on block. focusing on that makes it a lot easier. if they predict it you're in trouble. far slash into jump is bait. even if you're in he can still hit you with summon rc, so be careful. it's all I got, for now.

if you have to fight ghosts be careful for ghosts and try to apply pressure when they have no ghosts. it's a free in.

with dog you have to be patient or doge hit will much happen. kick or low jab will be very good to hit doge. so will low slash.

Haven't fought a good Zappa in +R, but even in vanilla AC it can be a tough fight for HOS. You kind of have to hope the Zappa player will screw up. He has ways around a lot of your normal approaching methods. You need to make good use of Charge to both increase your odds and make him play outside of his normal approach. And your defense must be on point.

So I play Kenji a lot and I can tell you its a tough fight. You need charge before you can do anything. Pretty much if you block a move from Zappa, you're gonna eat some damage.

No summon: I try to bait out his summon and punish with fafnir for big damage. When you're pressuring him, if you 2S at max range and he summon, it will whif. If you jump at him, double jump to make his summon whif and hit him with CH J.H.

Sword: Try not to let the sword touch you. If the sword goes above you during a block string, just run forward. His sword will whiff and you can start your pressure. AID J.H over the sword rush.

Ghost: Run forward and double jump over ghosts. If he does blockstring (usually 2s) into air ghost explosion, you can j.p before the explosion hit you. Honestly I just run away and manual charge.

Dog: Use 2p a lot. During blockstring like x,x,x,dog, AID, you can IB dog then backdash/jump/storm viper.

Roah: if he does pressure into the ball thing, you can fafnir and if it hits him, the ball will go away and you get a counter hit.

I saw most of your matches and saw you do 2D > lvl.1 BHB a lot instead of opting for the hard KD and oki and I can understand you going for the reset, but the knockdown is more consistent. It allows you to get the ball rolling with HOS instead of going for an air reset that not only failed more times than not, but you missed out on so much more (knockdown, charge and oki) in the process.

Whenever you DID get the hard knockdown you didn't do anything with it. Not even a charge. You kind of either backed off or went for half-assed oki. Like TB said in the past you /really/ need to be quicker about your decision making when playing HOS.

I just remembered a bit ago that I have a few more notable matches from Day 0 of FF if anyone is interested.

http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyexe/c/3474650

Timestamps - 31:00 vs. Doren2K (Jam)

55:00 vs. Elvenshadow (Faust)

4:25:00 vs. Adeheild (Venom)

6:18:27 vs. K-Force (I-No)

- I felt like I could've handled the I-No MU a little bit better. Mostly when he was pressure me without the use of Notes. Also I was a idiot and kept trying to 2K under HCL instead of just using 2D. :(

- I really had the hardest time closing the distance against Faust all weekend and whenever I did get in I didn't have enough resources to really stay in so he was able to escape pretty easily. Also Elven's defense is on point.

Edited by Brandinoli

Those were some pretty cool matches. I have no idea what to do vs Jam and Venom.

Here are some of mine but I am sure you guys are sick of seeing them same old thing.

I'm trying to get in and stay in more. I am also trying to weed out BHB level 1. -3 on block is costing me a lot. Old habbits die hard?

For a LONG time I wondered why Blake was in love with level 2 RI. I think I found out why.. It's pretty sweet..

The reason why progress is so slow is because I get to play GG maybe once ever 2 or so weeks.

- I really had the hardest time closing the distance against Faust all weekend and whenever I did get in I didn't have enough resources to really stay in so he was able to escape pretty easily. Also Elven's defense is on point.

I speak for all Order Sol players when I say that we LOOOOOOOVE the matchup. Getting in is a pain, using FD breaks is recommended. Furthermore, when in, Faust players are very likely to FD (as it is the most beneficial option for them), to punish that you can just throw or gunblaze them.

I speak for all Order Sol players when I say that we LOOOOOOOVE the matchup. Getting in is a pain, using FD breaks is recommended. Furthermore, when in, Faust players are very likely to FD (as it is the most beneficial option for them), to punish that you can just throw or gunblaze them.

Lol really? I find it to be an annoying MU tbh.

@Sess - I can look at your matches either later today or early tomorrow since I'm gonna be a bit busy today. I can however give you some quick tips against Jam and Venom.

Jam - 2S and 2D are your best friends. 2S will stuff 3/4ths of whatever poke she's going to use in neutral. f.S is also really strong against her's since your out range her. 2D is great against all forms of PB, but be wary that you're taking a risk at 2Ding FBPB. Although you can low profile and CH her the timing is hilariously tight (tighter than AC+ thanks to the invul buff that FBPB got) and more times than not both moves will end up missing.

- If you're above her your best bet is to mash J.P and pray to god she wasn't planing on hitting J.S or you can block it. Her J.S is really fast (4f IIRC) and you're not really gonna win a air battle against Jam unless you're either next to her or below her. Spoilers - If she's below you, she's planning on hitting J.S.

- Use 2K and 2D to blow up parry attempts and condition her to block. Once you got her conditioned to not parry on wakeup then you can go for standard 6K, GB, lvl.1 GB, 2H oki.

- This is just a personal preference, but I tend to stay away from using fafnir as soon as Jam has 25 meter since she can blow it up for free with either FBPB, Ryujin or Genkirin.

Venom - Learn how to neutralize cue balls in neutral. 6P and 2D works fine if he's opting for staying full screen and trying to zone.

- Dubious Curve isn't a lvl.6 anymore. Unless he FRCs it, he's ending his pressure as soon as you block that move. You can discourage from trying to setup another cue ball with fafnir or you can just escape with FD and jump / backdash.

- Lvl.2 RI IMO is a strong tool to work your way in against Venom if he sets out a cue ball at neutral or whiffs a bad poke. Since it gives KD don't be afraid to AC and go in. He doesn't have a lot he can do as far as escape options goes.

- BAIT AND PUNISH HIS JUMPIN! I tell /everyone/ that Venom's 6P got nerfed to the point where it's actually feasible for HOS to jump and punish it. Don't be afraid to IAD in and punish. Sometimes you /have/ to bull horn your way in against Venom and unlike in AC+ where doing that will get you killed quickly, in +R his damage midscreen got nerfed hard so don't be afraid to take risks.

- With that said, make sure they're calculated. He still has faster pokes with longer range than yours (f.S and 2S) so you have to work your way around those and other pokes (6P and 6H) to get in. Once you do...do not let him get away.

Edited by Brandinoli

Sign in to follow this