Sign in to follow this  
TITANIUM BEAST!!!

[+R] Order-Sol Combo Thread

small possibility it might be possible from max 2 charge and you do tap charge keep lv1 gb then AC and maybe itll give you enough time to do j.hs>j.d>lv2 brp? ill give it a try later

A corner ID combo I did a little testing with.

5D > jc J.D > 5H > lvl.2 BRP > 2D > Lvl.2 BHB > J.H > J.D > J.H > J.D > Lvl.1 BRP

Only character I couldn't get it to work on were Baiken and Bridget. I will test it out more and post who it works on.

Some ID combo testing (this all assumes corner):

The combo posted above does 144 dmg. Something to note is that you can still AC after the lvl2 BHB and have time to dash j.HS to continue the combo. Also, by omitting the lvl1 BRP at the end of the combo, you sacrifice a piddly 1 dmg to get a much, much better tech situation. If you delay the combo properly, the opponent has to either forward or backward tech to get out without getting knocked down, and even if they forward tech, they don't get out of the corner without trying to airdash. By comparison, forward tech after a lvl1 BRP gives you a free out of the corner.

Adding a 5S© before your 5HS increases the damage by 4 points without affecting the combo in any adverse manner (may actually make it easier when you are not already in the corner since you can dash up after landing).

Using two j.HS to ID instead one j.D increases the damage of the combo significantly (by about 21 points). Combine this with the point above and you can do up to 168 points of damage (if you go for the BRP ender, which you shouldn't).

Finally, if you choose to end the combo after the lvl2 BHB AC with a 6HS, you sacrifice a maximum of maybe 7 points of damage for guaranteed oki.

That comes out like this:

5D -> chase j.HS -> dj.HS, land, 5S©-5HS -> lvl2 BRP, 2D -> lvl2 BHB AC, 6HS, for 161 dmg.

The moral of the story? Don't end combos with air lvl1 BRP. =)

Is it possible to get hard knockdown off a corner throw without Install meter? I've tried using throw > dustloop and the dummy doesn't tech the last j.D when timed low to the ground when set to neutral tech.

They can still tech forward or backward if you dustloop/air combo into j.D. The only way to get a knockdown after corner throw w/o charge is throw > 6H

I found a possibly useful combo that can be done after fuzzy guard setup when you got 2.5 charge meter at corner.

J.S(Blocked)>JC>J.HS>JD>5S>5HS>lvl.2BRP>dash 5K>5S>J.HS>J.D>JC>J.D>lvl.2BRP.

This does 227 damage on sol. Off course, you can just go to regular dust loop after you catch your opponent with 5S, which does 205 damage on Sol. It was also pretty hard for me, so I don't know if this is worth it. Although this may be due to my below average combo execution skill. If you would like to make some arrangement to this recipe pls let me know. I don't know if this is possible on other characters.

Edited by nnecron

Something a bit more reliable would be to do 2D -> lvl2BHB AC after the BRP and then 6HS. Not as damaging, but easier, more reliable, and better oki. The above combo doesn't seem consistent. You can make it a bit more consistent by just doing dash 5S© > j.HS-D -> lvl2 BRP for 218 dmg. Using lvl2BHB instead into the alternate combo does 206 dmg.

Is there something specific to do with a full LV3 meter? I remember doing something like jHS > S > HS > lv3 RI > jc > lv3 BRP > S > HS > lv2 BRP in AC (damage was pretty decent and it was a flashy combo :p) but I don't know if there's still something like this (or maybe better) in +R. More generally, is it worth trying to use 2 lv3 attacks in the same combo?

You can do my combo that everybody was hating on. But that is level 2. I very rarely go to level 3, but when I do, I don't use any meter. Level 3 is so free and so knockdown'y that if you aren't going to kill, I'd just let them drop and use meter on level 2 stuff.

I appreciate there were a fair few changes/tweaks to Order-Sol in AC+ but do they really affect his core AC combos all that much? I mean, I get there are new options open/new things can be done but fundamentally a lot of the main combos from AC are still valid right?

^^^

Ohhh snap.

Ohhhhhhh snap.

Yoooooo. How you been?

Define "core combos". DO you mean the bread and butter gatlings? If so: no.

Do you mean the level 1 combos? No.

Do you mean the level 2 and 3 combos? Yes. Oh yes.

For me, my main GB combo such as level 1 gb -> double loop, is the same; but my 5k 5s lv1 hbh -> AC FRC -> 66 -> 5k 5s -> lv2 hbh -> air combo, has changed greatly.

Haha, hey man, I'm OK thanks.

No didn't mean gatlings when I said that (I barely consider gatlings as "combos" tbh) I meant more about DL. Really, asides from a few specific cases (eg hj.IAD stuff after Fafnir or CH j.HS) the main way to score damage in AC was to go for DL. And there were many ways of doing this, and many variations with/without certain charge/tension levels etc. They generally all led into DL (or you basically wanted them to). So they're the core combos I'm talking about...is it really all still about DL or have the changes to HOS actually changed this now? (and new/better combos have come about).

I mean....... The DL has been a core damage option for HOS and Sol for a long time. That is still there. But now we can get pretty good damage off of doing gunblaze x123904u23 times (but even still, you can finish this combo with a lv 1 GB -> HJ half loop) because the tension drain is so low. You can get a pretty nice combo off of 5s 5fs 5hs lv2bhb ac frc 66 5s 5hs lv2 brp (ground) 66 5s 5hs lv2 brp (ground). You can end that with a super or just let them drop or finish it with a 2s, but they will be able to tech before the following 5hs comes out. Pretty sick damage and easy to do; you just have to have max level 2 charge, if not, just do 1 lvl2 brp.

I was screwing around in the trainin mode and pulled off some pretty high damage with max level 3 -> lvl 3 gunblaze -> lvl 3 savage fang (as soon as you can) -> DL. Stupid damage.

Other than that, yah most stuff ends in half, full, or double DL.

Aside from that, I feel that most of these changes have made HOS more "solid". Level 2 RI is pretty good (so says TB, I don't see why but hey..). The OTG business makes pulling off combos crazy fun stuff possible. And... the extra time that you get on 5hs is very nice; you can float stuff a bit lower.

So its been a while, and every time i hit training mode it seems to be robo and reg sol. but tonight i got some order sol love in.

what are you guys doing for level 3 combos on the regular?

been using BRP into gunblaze at midscreen, and BHB3 into BHB2 into BRP2 into iad air combo ending in SV1 in the corner. do you guys use different routes that yield notably huge damage? cant find anything really consistent that does better than what i listed. lemme know. (we are talking about 220-260 range, no meter besides charge gauge. add like 20-30 damage since the corner combo has a fafnir option. didnt experiment with level 3 sf nonsense, or with rc's in the big money combos.)

Edited by iora

I didn't see these posted after a quick scan of the thread, so here goes.

Against just about any standing character that is as tall as HOS, you can:

c.S 2S 5HS IAD j.P j.S j.HS land 5HS IAD j.P j.S j.HS land 2D

Does about 172 on Slayer.

Works on (as far as I can tell) Slayer, Testament, Potemkin, Johnny, Eddie, Axl, Venom, Justice, Anji, Sol, and HOS.

Alternatively, you can start the combo with a 5K c.S 5HS.

If you don't have a running start, you want to c.S 5HS instead.

Edited by Jetm

Yeah that's the classic IAD loop combo, sorry I haven't kept the thread updated with recent stuff. I don't see these combos as often in +R though, the new level 2 combos may make them obsolete.

CH J.HS - dash 5K > c.S > 5HS HJC > J.S > J.HS > J.D

*Corner* - dash 5K . c.S > J.HS > J.D > J.HS > J.D > land *dash* c.S > HJC > J.S > J.HS > J.D > ender

Fafnir - 2S > 5HS > IAD J.P > J.K > SV

- 2S > 5HS > SJ IAD J.P > J.HS > SV

Sign in to follow this