Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bizarro

Dizzy vs Order-Sol

Anyone have thoughts on this matchup? I had a local casual match with someone who's picking up HOS, and I can't seem to get an advantage because of HOS's speedy rushdowns. IAD is pretty risky against his HS, and Dizzy just takes so much damage. He also has charge burst to defend against summons on neutral, from afar. Is oki lockdown the only thing Dizzy has going for her in this fight or am I missing something?

zone like hell, oki and lock down is the only thing Dizzy need to do in this match up... and i don't think Charge Burst is realy that reliable on neutral as Dizzy can score ch ice spike on it for anti airing i sugest using only f.s, if u timming 2s wrong, it'll be ugly as hell and the best result u can get from 2s is clashing with his j.hs note : this is form OS side of view as i don't have any decent OS/Dizzy match up other than myself

Against an OS player a while back, it was all about playing keep away and getting stuff out to zone with. As excelence said, "zone, oki, and lockdown" is your gameplan. Watch out if OS has Lvl 2+ charge and tension. At mid range I saw a lot of Lvl 2 gunblaze and Lvl 2 rock it attempts that if connected would often lead to a combo.

While Dizzy may possess decent zoning tools, against HOS they are generally weak, seeing as you cannot threaten him indefinitely with summons from long range and your options for lockdown are lacking if you haven't knocked him down prior. If you back off and try to zone with summons HOS can simply Manual Charge to Lvl3 and proceed to take over half your life should he land a hit. That being said, Dizzy's assets are her great air mobility and oki.

Focus on trying to score a knockdown and setting up. However, oki is not a guaranteed win. HOS still has a few tools to escape, namely SV and GB, which will prove to be a nuisance when you try to mix him up. Utilizing a meaty max range 2K during oki will beat it into HOS' head that he cannot special move his way out of your mix-up, as it baits both SV and GB allowing you to punish and reset the situation. Once you successfully punish a reversal attempt (or two), you can proceed to use your more complex oki tricks.

When you're at neutral ground, your goal is to summon *something* and approach. Don't go crazy throwing out fishes, electric spikes, bubbles, and scythes; pick one or two and then move in. If you opt to do this, you'll put pressure on HOS, rather than let him build Charge and momentum later on. From here you can proceed to either counter-poke HOS attempting to hit you/ice fish, or stop HOS from escaping. Either option should lead to a knockdown. Mix up what you summon as well. If you're constantly trying to control ground with fish, HOS can punish with either an IAD or a straight up run in 2D (if you're not full-screen). Thunder spike tends to be the best universal option, as it controls space reasonably well and gives you options should HOS try to poke or escape.

Decent pokes in this fight are 2P/2K (as fast as HOS' 2S), 2H (spacing required, but will beat HOS' 2D), and ice spike should you push HOS out and he tries to close the gap again (however, Fafnir will beat ice spike at that same range, so be wary when HOS has 25% tension). I'd advise against trying to outpoke HOS unless you know he's going to throw something specific. It's more in your favor to try and escape (via FD'ing HOS out of his optimal range) and regain the advantage. Thankfully, Dizzy's air mobility gives you plenty of space to regroup, allowing you to try and score another knockdown.