Sign in to follow this  
TITANIUM BEAST!!!

[+R] Order-Sol Video Thread

There will probably still be the occasional AC vids that will pop up. I'm sure that there won't be anywhere near as much now that Xrd has dropped, but old games still get love in Japan.

OR vs PO

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23245528

Description is backwards. lol

I have a really ruff time fighting Potemkins..

There's really two main approaches to this MU. Lame as hell, build charge while mostly staying in 2S / f.S range or you can go in with safe, low level charge pressure and build it up whenever you get a KD. If he tries to hammer fall out of your pressure you can blow it up with f.s > 6H or 2S > 6H.  f.S is just a strong tool in general for this MU since it's faster than most of his pokes at that range. If you're charging full screen and he tries to slidehead you, you can be cute and charge burst and the invul will make the slidehead whiff. On defense be sure to FD accordingly and try to read his PB attempts. Don't try and jump out too much otherwise he can just heat knuckle and just put you in the situation again. Backdashing isn't that strong of an option since he has 2S. I have a decent success rate with just mashing out with 5K if he tries for an obvious PB attempt since our 5K is only 3f.

As far as oki goes you can use 6K to condition him to block and discourage him from using wake up PBs. One thing to take note is that he's not in CH state during PB so you have to punish accordingly if he does attempt wake up PB. 

Overall, be patient on defense. Play a safe offense and Pot shouldn't be too much of a struggle. 

Air Grab Greed sever was pretty tight.  He looked pretty scared to counter poke and abare and opted to play defensively wish is fine, but you do didn't hang yourself so it worked out for you. He didn't IB and punish 236k which was weird. He also dropped some key combos. That combo into install was sick AF :)

Yeah I wish I could say that I meant to grab that GS, but more just being in the right place at the right time lol. We talked after about dealing with BR, hopefully he'll have something prepped next time.

LET'S GO BLAKE&WHITE

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Looks like you are having a lot of fun lol.

I like the respect you show Slayer. Normally you do j.p j.hs a lot but not vs Slayer. He really didn't do high damage combos though...

Man you were in that Chips head so deep. haha. Good stuff man.

You jump so much haha.  Blows them up though.

Wish that eddie was alittle more solid. I have trouble in that matchup. Endless blockstrings.

One thing that was hilarious was that yolo 6p you did vs chip when you woke up in the corner. He wiffed 2 moves then got blown up. Why? lolol

Thanks guys. The 6P versus BZB was a total fluke, I made some kind of input error that happened to work out in my favor. 6P upper body invul FTW.

The match vs Iceman was the worst one of the whole tournament. I have zero Eddie experience and even though I had beat him in the first match of the tournament, I was under a lot more pressure to perform when we fought again. Everyone else I played against happened to be from NC, which was extremely lucky for me as I was used to most of their playstyles (with the exception of AJ/Jin, who I don't get to play on any sort of regular basis). Overall it was an exhilarating experience, but looking back at my matches, I'm not satisfied. There are things I literally just forgot I had access to while I was playing.

The grass is always greener on the other side my friend. I'm pretty every Order Sol player here, and lurkers Would love to be able to perform with this character like the way you do. Especially having the gull to use the color palette of the order sol god himself inoue and win a tournament. NOt to mention the fact of beating a character you have zero experience fighting which is really rare in tournament matches.

For you personally, you can only see the ways you need to improve, but for western order sol players, you're a skill level they need to achieve. I'm pretty sure inoue says the same thing about his matches especially when he gets bodied 0-6 against machaboo's Ky lol. 

There are things I literally just forgot I had access to while I was playing.

Then I'm looking forward to some new insane stuff next tourney!

But seriously, even if you weren't your best, you 3-0'd both in losers and winners finals... so you need some tougher competition, haha.

Thanks guys. The 6P versus BZB was a total fluke, I made some kind of input error that happened to work out in my favor. 6P upper body invul FTW.

The match vs Iceman was the worst one of the whole tournament. I have zero Eddie experience and even though I had beat him in the first match of the tournament, I was under a lot more pressure to perform when we fought again. Everyone else I played against happened to be from NC, which was extremely lucky for me as I was used to most of their playstyles (with the exception of AJ/Jin, who I don't get to play on any sort of regular basis). Overall it was an exhilarating experience, but looking back at my matches, I'm not satisfied. There are things I literally just forgot I had access to while I was playing.

I mean, as far as 'tools' go...... The cool thing about some GG characters is that they have so many tools that you can play how you want. Stuff that I see is that you do 5k 5s 5hs RI while I do 5k 5s BHB lvl 1 66 5k 5s 5s 2d / grab mixup. Brodingoloni does 5k 5s 5hs ida business. You j.p -> j.hs a lot for pressure, I use 2S (because people around here 6p that ish). You got two HUGE combos off of yolo lvl 3 DP's kick at the end, i'm guessing, because people are not used to HOS. I view "tools" like vocabulary. We typically have very limited vocabs because it's all we need; as long as you execute it perfectly, I see no issue. I don't like 6P. I was playing vs some loud mouth Sol player who kept doing Riot Stomp and people were like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! JUST 6P IT!", so I 6P'd it and I get stuffed. Never used it since unless baiting DP's. I hate using lvl 3 RI and BHB. Sure it's fast but the combo spacing is far and awkward and it prorates heavy. *shrug*

I'm guessing you really knew that Chip player? I would not know where to be to chase down Chips lol. When he tried to leaf grab you once and you just fafnred the air and he came out of stealth burning, I threw my arms up in the air.

I mean that there's stuff I normally do, which might have been safer/better than what I was doing, but I was too focused/nervous to use it. Things like using lvl1 BHB AC FRC pressure to keep my Charge high, for example.

But yeah, people are really not used to that character. Most players around here don't 6P my jump pressure very often because they tend to get CH for trying. Using HOS 6P as a traditional 6P doesn't work, it just doesn't have the same properties (BTW you should SV Riot Stamps). Lvl 3 RI and BHB  require some special care, but are very useful. Just gotta fit them into your gameplan.

I have actually been j.k ing riot stamps. I get a j.k->j.s->j.hs->j.d if it is one of those crazy full screen ones; other than that I will SV or IB.

I j.k a lot of things. I have no fear when someone is above me to j.k them. It's fast and at a terrific angle.

Once nerves kick in you usually retreat back to your basics. I have boxed, played tennis, football, and now wrestle. I -ALWAYS- go to my instincts if I get nervous. What is in my instincts is what I have practiced and drilled for a hours and hours.

Getting away with 3 RI's in a row... yeah.. lol. Nobody used to HOS around there.

Oh yeah, I didn't see many 6k's, just late gunblazes to catch throws (which the one guy threw you every time). I 6k a lot. 6k-> CC and you are still in their face. 6k->2d and you can go into more pressure. I like it but it is a bit expensive in terms of pressure.

Then I'm looking forward to some new insane stuff next tourney!

But seriously, even if you weren't your best, you 3-0'd both in losers and winners finals... so you need some tougher competition, haha.

He would've had competition if I had beaten pacstrife. :( I have to hold that forever, our matches would've been excellent. I knocked Blake into losers but we played a lot of casuals and he adapted really well. Next time I guess!

He would've had competition if I had beaten pacstrife. :( I have to hold that forever, our matches would've been excellent. I knocked Blake into losers but we played a lot of casuals and he adapted really well. Next time I guess!

That's when folks usually money match the winnings out of people.

Sign in to follow this