Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bizarro

Dizzy vs Johnny

Stats

imo 5/5 err actualy it can be 4.5/5.5 if Dizzy trying to be offensive, but if the Dizzy can see, there's nothing much Johnny can do against opponent with solid blocking, she can actually win with big margin on this fight

Openers

wait and see

his initiatives

f.s -> block

tk Ensenga -> Block & punish

MF -> Block

6k -> rarely meet this one ... block :v:

Punishes

blocked Tk ensenga

blocked JH & Return Jack

whiffed 6hs -> run in throw

Counters

f.s > DT/full screen kjt

Anti-airing

Imperial Ray :vbang:

he gain tension like nobody business and i've already fall for his db(frc), db(frc),j.hs/ensenga when trying to aa his jump in

Zoning

DON'T THROW A FISH ON NEUTRAL!(KJ combo) ... just run! air pikes takes priority in any chance given, throw bubbles/fd bubble to give u more control on air space(watch out with MF_P), don't try to ice spike him if u not certain he'll be caught in it(blocked/hit) and u don't have tension for frc he can counter it into big combos with JH/KJ

Their game plan

MF,MFC frame trap, lock u down in corner and kill you

Strategy

takes the fight as long as u can(makes him waste coin), but never give up any knock down on him, don't try to be offensive without the fish out, if u got sent high just space yourself

Char specific details

he has no high low mix up on his ideal spacing zone, just block high :keke:.

U CAN ALWAYS counter throw any fake KJT/DBT

never iad back, his 5hs/mf_p will kill you

common used mix up to crack your defense coin -> dash 2k/2s/5d/kj/throw

on Throw follow with dash f.s(3/4 hit) and ice spike for guaranteed knock down and pressure reset

Knockdown control

watch your spacing, his tension can mess up your fish range and hit you upon reversal

Combos

corner dust combo

5d,[9]hs,bubble,j.s+bubble poop,(land) j.s,djc j.k,j.s,j.d

Another favorite opening of Johnny is to throw a coin. You can counter this by dashing forward into 2K > 2H > icespike or whatnot.

As for Johnny's low capabilities, you still need to watch out for low mistfiner, although this is much easier to see vs. TK ensenga

Also, for gauranteed knockdown in corner after throw, don't run, just walk forward a tiny bit and then use f.s (3-4 hits) > icespike. This is much safer than a dash after throw. Personally though, I'd rather trade that little bit of extra damage for a throw > 2147K > (land) > 421S okizeme, unless you prefer the basic icespike > 214H~P > IAD > j.2S ordeal.

Some Johnny's love waking up with super, so a safe pressure string in the corner is icespike > 214K~P > dash > 6H.

For dust combos, I like using: dust > (impossible dust) > j.H > 214S > (short delay) > j.H > (bubble pop) > (land) > 421 > jump > j.H > 214K ]S[ > j.H > (bubble pop) > (land) > jump > j.S > d.jump > j.S > j.H

I you can get a projectile wall going in this matchup, you have gained a lot. Johnny lacks the tools to get in on Dizzy when there's a lot of crap in the way

As for Johnny's low capabilities, you still need to watch out for low mistfiner, although this is much easier to see vs. TK ensenga

lvl 2 low MF is about the same speed as a tk Ensenga. Lvl1 is indeed slow as all hell, but he's not going to get anything from it so it doesn't really matter anyway. There is also a significant area where both sweep and tk Ensenga will connect.

Thanks, I learned something new, did not know speed difference was a result of MF level. Also remember that Johnny lands very close to Dizzy off a throw, so you have to adjust your followup combo. However, due to where he lands you are able to setup some interesting okizeme patterns that work only against Johnny.

the problem with MF_s mix up lack compared to ensenga is "Range" i think it farthest hit box is a little bit further than his 5k but before f.s, while ensenga cover as far as 6hs iirc... fd a little and then he'll never have a chance to shoot out his mf

I agree with excelence, but as a johnny player i should say that its better to block him low not high. Johnny has only 1 overhead, his 5D and if u take into account TK ensenga that makes them 2, not big deal. Also his fS misses very often vs crouching opponents (but if u get hit at crouching state get ready for a mad combo :P ). His high low mixup mostly come out of K or cS ex. K, ensenga/2D or 2K,cS, ensenga/2D. Keep in mind that 2D can leed to many options like free coin, mist, or even combo for like 200 more or less dmg vs Dizzy's defence.

if it's only the coin... it's not to hard imo, the problem comes in pressure coin move realy slow and Jo have much time to dash in and do his mix up that iirc Dizzy doesn't have anything fast enough to take advantage from her SB other than counter throw (>_<)

As a Johnny player I once in a blue moon like to burn 50% Tension on double Ensenga against Dizzy (TK Ensenge RC Ensenga) which isn't the most painful thing in the world but does do a decent amount on Dizzy (I consider this free damage since the Dizzy is almost never going to block high). This is something you might wanna look out for once in a while against Johnny's. I think this one of Johnny's only even matchups, predominantly because if he manages to tag her for a LVL2 KJ FRC combo he can do the kind of damage that top tiers do, and he can punish her for naked summoning or making mistakes at range. Johnny is awful at dealing w/ pressure though, so if the Dizzy is on top of his/her game and makes full use of her pressure/ lockdown and Oki it can be really bad for Johnny especially if the Dizzy is excellent at landing her combos and her complicated mixups. She has to play a meticulous and well thought out game because unlike other shit tier characters, Johnny's one strength is dealing very solid damage, which against dizzy equates to god tier damage.

A johnny I play often likes to do this: he watches for the moment I retreat to create space, then does divine travel FRC > j.H, which CH's me as I try to summon. So that's one thing to watch out for if you know the johnny is fairly solid with that FRC. Also, if he can FD dash consistently, that's another thing to watch out for, although I haven't yet experienced any johnny players capable of that.

wave dash on pad is an ass i've never go against any Jo who can do it on a match (;^_^)> ... anyway if u spaced 3/4 or more screen space, i can say it's pretty save to summon fish against his frc'ed DBT/KJT (he still able to JH on reaction thought)