Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

MAGICAL BEAT - News & Gameplay Discussion

Well guys, I dunno what to say, but in an odd localization twist (and probably stealthy release), Magical Beat is coming on 6/17 on the US PSN, with a chance to demo it or to buy the whole game, but alas, digital only. The US PSN article The Drop mentions it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/15/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-6172014/

Middle finger to europe again?.

Dunno, some Aksys/ASW games do appear on EU/PAL shores, but most of the time, its digital format for them. We'll see soon enough.

---

Update: Magical Beat is now available on the US PSN store for $10, demo size is 173MB, full game size is 176MB. http://bit.ly/1l0Wwc8

Are there any regular ol' unlockables, or must I wait for the DLC to play music that doesn't have Hatsune Miku in it?

Are there any regular ol' unlockables, or must I wait for the DLC to play music that doesn't have Hatsune Miku in it?

In the japanese version, I was able to unlock the characters: Ragna, Noel(CP), Touya and Es. And the songs: Chronophantasma, Memory of Tears II, Nothing out of the Ordinary, D.O.A., Keep the Flag Flying, Launch Out, Keep in the Gates, Feal a Fear, XBLAZE, 蒼き少女(Azure Girl).

It seems that this game's trophies doesn't want to sync into PSN, anyone else with this problem

Well, it looks like the game trophies are syncing correctly now. (Due to PST and Exo already displaying the lists for the US version. Which should mean its up.)

Well, it looks like the game trophies are syncing correctly now. (Due to PST and Exo already displaying the lists for the US version. Which should mean its up.)

I noticed after I synced my GGXXAC+R (Vita) trophies two days ago.

This shit isn't in the mexican PSN store :(

Mostly all that kind of games are not on the Mexican PSN store.

Which is really sad... They should add them!

It will sell pretty well (or at least that's what i think) haha.

OT: Your name... Pretty sure i know it... it's from Project Justice - Rvial School (Justice Gakuen) right?

Magical Beat will be released on the Japanese PS3 next Tuesday (8/5/2014).

http://contentssync-arcsystemworks.ambel.info/index.cgi?eid=1249

Uhh, was it announced before that Magical Beat was coming to PS3? I didn't know about it.

If there was an announcement, then it should have happened a while back, but yet again, another stealth release, well almost. Anyways, now to hope and wonder if they'll release the PS3 version overseas as well one day. Since the English Vita port came out a while back...

Game still needs netplay and PS3 version maybe

The Japanese PS3 version came out on the 5th august 2014, and on 30th october net play was added through a patch (vita only though).

The Japanese PS3 version came out on the 5th august 2014, and on 30th october net play was added through a patch (vita only though).

For real? Oh man, if they do release this outside of the US I really wish they also included the patch.

I doubt anyone is watching this thread anymore, but I just got the game on PS3 a while back and I'm curious about the battle system/possible metagame if anyone has any information..

Some of the obvious things I picked up:

-Dead beatons drop randomly

-Dead beatons only after you drop your current beaton

-You can only lose after all combos have cleared

-You can have 1 block above the lose line and it will still be active

Thing I'm curious about:

-Does the game reward continuous combo? For example, after a drop, a 3 block set clears and after that another set is set and ready to clear afterward. Is there a bonus for that?

-Is there any difference in GOOD vs. BEST drops in regards to the gameplay or is it just a score thing?

-Is it best to drop things as quickly as possible? I've watched a few "match videos" and I've seen player just not do anything for the first moments of the round and still end up winning.

-How are the blocks sent calculated?

I would love to try to observe these myself, but matches are too fast paced and I use most of my focus just trying to play the game. Anyone have any idea?

It sill pains me that we never got this outside of the JP and the US. Especially when they patched online multiplayer in. :(

I suppose you mean an English PS3 version, cause nothing in your sentence doesn't mention/specify what system. (Even though there's already a English Vita port.)

I suppose you mean an English PS3 version, cause nothing in your sentence doesn't mention/specify what system. (Even though there's already a English Vita port.)

I was referring to the Vita port, which is only available in the US. No Canada or Mexico.

I was referring to the Vita port, which is only available in the US. No Canada or Mexico.

I see, oh well...