Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bizarro

Dizzy vs Testament

Matchup Statistics: Japs say 5-5, I say 4.5 -5.5.

Openers: IAD back j.D or block. Sometimes you can catch him by surprise with a 5H > 236H. The dream scenario is getting a knockdown and the nightmare is getting looped and knockdowned right off the bat, which will happen if he catches you backdashing with a BL.

Okizeme: Testament has almost no reversals worthy of mention here. As long as you have a fish out he can't do anything. He might try a warrant to teleport out of the corner, but if you see it then just toss him back in. If He does manage to block all you have then be wary about bullshit followups - 2H can go under and through a lot of things.

Punishes: GD > if he does it close, throw. If he lands far enough from throw range and you can't punish him before he lands - just block. HS Exe will beat/trade whatever you toss out and it's practically guaranteed to favor him.

Counters: Trees have a billion recovery frames and is in CH state all the time

Anti airing: 2s and 5k take pretty much everything he has.

Zoning: This is tough because of the constant threat of EXE beast and Testa's annoying reach. Your primary summon should probably be a homing pike

Their game plan: Pressuring you not to do your shit

Strategy: Running away, punishing their attempts to punish you. READ THEIR BOOKS!

Char specific details: Testament has the ultimate hitbox when it comes to setting him up for combos.

Learn the crow patterns, it can help you a lot.

Finish and elaborate this when I get home from work

Crow Patterns

L = Low, H = High, S = Schythe, F = Feathers. Brackets are K-curse extensions.

1: L L S F H (L S S)

2: F S L H H (L S F F)

3: H F L S F (S H L S)

4: S S H F F (L H H)

Stole these from the Testament forum. K-curse is the high mark, while P-curse is the low one.

The two annoying ones are S (overhead) and F (shield!!). If testament is pressuring you with crow, you have it a lot simpler if you know WHEN you are going to expect unblockables (2k/2d + Scythe) and when you can attempt to escape (S/H/L)

Also remember that if he lands crow OTG IT IS ALWAYS TECHABLE, and could help you run away from the pressure.

about the crow pattern... actualy you can set the pattern on practice mode to get the feel of the timming the 4th is the most annoying to deal with on opening the match... i'm pretty certain he can caught up Dizzy iad back with 6k, i would suggest wait and see and do the back dash/iad back and about the overhead his 6p, i'm certain it can be blocked on reaction in any condition included when it being camouflaged by Zeinest. but it crouching stance always told me to block low and eat bl loop :vbang: on pressure ib-ing any prior attack before exe beast = high jump escape and about he can't do anything on pressure ... it's true, and regarding warrant iirc Dizzy don't even need to foresight this one, as long as she has the fish out it's a guaranteed punish/pressure reset

arigth i took this from the testament forums i think it should helps us Dizzy players as well. Against Dizzy, your main priority is to take the initiative. As we all know, if Dizzy gets you knocked down into the corner, you might very well be screwed right there as her corner game is really strong. However, I maintain that Testament has a good advantage at neutral position, and thus in the match in general. General Now, you have two zoning characters who both desperately wants to get the advantage. However, with no summons to lean on, it is my opinion that Testament has the upperhand, mainly due to his long pokes and EXEs. Basically, Dizzy wants to get away and get out a fish or homing pike. Your job is to stay on the chase and not allow her to get what she wants. if you are in range, any summon attempts should be stopped with far S. If you are far away though, you have to be ready with a S EXE. Getting a punish with that takes some solid anticipation from your side though, which means be ready for it at all times. It helps if you can learn in what situations your opponent likes to use it. Also, Dizzy can quite easily punish an anticipated S EXE with ehr double airdash, so try to not be too jittery with it if she looks like she wants to bait it. Note that Dizzy is in counterhit state for a long time during her fish summon, so be ready to counterhit confirm a far S to some damage (e.g. BL, GD, 2HS). Apart from stopping her summons, you are of course always looking for a way in. This is actually mostly the same thing as stopping summons, but now we're talking apart from that When you are some way off, GD is quite often a rather good choice. Dizzy hangs around in the air alot, laying out bubbles or just plain running away, which is excellent for some Gravedigger Transport. ground GD must be FD'ed, a fact frequently forgotten by people in the air. Also, an FD'ed GD will net Testament a nice little +3 frame advantage so as long as you're not hit out of it it's win-win, wether you hit or not. Also, if you are dashing away from her, be ready to switch direction with a GD if you see careless fish summoning. As stated, Dizzy is not really very threatening when you are not in the corner or her summons aren't out. Testament generally outpokes her and has a much easier time playing without zoning enhancers. Far S can be spammed pretty well, and she has crap active frames, making 2HS a good move in this matchup. The important thing is not to back down. I cringe when I see Testament players who dash back at the start of rounds in this matchup. It should be fought aggressively, without giving Dizzy any more ground than is strictly necessary. Just get in there and don't let up. She'll die in two combos anyway. Finally, when it so happens that you are quite far apart from each other Dizzy's main strength lies in her air game, so chances are she'll try to approach with an air dash or two (given that she isn't trying to summon instead, depends on how well you've done your job earlier in the match). This can pretty much always be met with a 6K if anticipated, but equally good options are to meet her in the air with jK or jS. For example doing a small dash and then jK in advance if you think she'll dash in works quite well, as you still have options to 1)airdash back with a jS if she comes at you later than expected, 2) jump again and hold the fort, again with jS as the prime move 3) airdash in at her if she takes you random jumping as a sign that she should be summoning more. But apart from this instance, you should primarily stay grounded against Dizzy. When Dizzy gets her game going Let's face it, you're not going to be able to hold her off from summoning forever, she mainly has three things to be wary of: fish, homing pike and bubbles. Fish is the main antagonist in this fight. As soon as one is out, Dizzy is free to actually start playing. Now your options are limited. First you can try to punch the fish. This is very risky though, as Dizzy can get a ch 2HS if she's close by, which hurts bad, but it's the best option if she tries to summon other things under the cover of the fish. Next up, you can try to get past the fish, either by going over dizzy or by going under the fish (e.g. with 2HS). Often quite good if there's not too much other stuff out, but beware of jumping into the corner. Finally you just tough it out. This is actually most often the best option, as other might be too dangerous. If you had trees or a P-skull out they will help. Still as long as you're not in the corner it's not so bad. Just watch out for tick throws! Homing pike is annoying as hell once it's out, as it'll be a constant guard against you starting to pressure on Dizzy, or simply a combo aid for her if she gets a hit in. There really only two things you have against this one, apart from the aforementioned "tough it out". First is that Dizzy is feeling safe with the pike, waiting for you to hit her so that she can counter you and start a combo. This means she is more likely to stay and guard, and thus she is more susceptible to throws. Second option is to use 2HS. When you see the spike being released, you can use 2HS to glide out of it's range after having started your pressure. If this works or not depends on several factor of spacing and timing, but it is often very useful so try it out. For bubbles, it's all about a tricky balance of having respect for the bubbles, but not too much respect. Testament has it a little easier here as it's viable for him to stay back and wait for something to punish with a S EXE, but you still shouldn't be too afraid to move in on her. Just be extra careful. If the bubble is high you might be able to move in under it with 2HS. Trapping As this match is more about having less of her traps out than it is of having more of yours, trapping is not that important here. When you do though, use trees mainly. They work very well for eating fishes in a fish rush and for all the standard uses. Ground and low nets are too easily cut up for it to be worth the trouble or planting them too often. Skulls are very good if you find the time. Especially K-skulls as they stop her air game effectively, crippling her further. P-skulls I use very rarely, but they have some value in their ability to eat the K-fish Lately, I have begun using more high nets, as they are eaten up by summons to a much smaller degree and work somewhat for stopping dizzy from moving around too much where it's hard to reach her (which her double airdash normally allow). Don't know if it's worth it in the long run, but it might be. Corner Rape Being in the corner against Dizzy, eloquently put, sucks. She has very good mixups that take some good reactions to block. The fish which will usually be there as well, will eat any attempt at a poke, HS EXE, OD or warrant, so you don't really have any means of escape. If you can tough it out until the fish is gone, you are halfway there. At that point, Dizzy players will often try for some rather more whacky pressure with all her other tools at hand. This can often feel quite overwhelming, but the important thing is to stay calm and always look for a gap to throw in a poke, usually a punch, or just to jump out of there. The worst part is probably that dizzy's tick throws at this stage is incredibly difficult to see since there's so many chances for them, and you don't really want to guess wrong while there's a fish out. Be very alert. Also, if you see a hole to jump in that might be good as her mixups become void, but she still has the "tension liquifier" (far S), so be ready to give up quite a lot of your remaining tension for this. random notes Ice spike is a guaranteed warrant. but can't be done on reaction (in my opinion at least) . If you feel it coming, it might be worth trying for a warrant since the payoff is huge and it's often hard for other players to punish a midscreen warrant attempt. Possible times for ice spike apart from randomly is as a frame trap after 2HS or sweep. GD can quite easily jump through imperial ray. If she tries to push you away with it, this is a possible counter. It will hit her if she's close and does not FRC. She can of course punish this if she does FRC, but chances are she wasn't planning a 75% tension bait. Bullshit unblockables (homing pike > imperial ray) are extra good against testament, as it will clear all traps from the field as well as give dizzy the time she needs to start her game. If you predict this however, you can punish it by doing warrant when she has finished throwing up the homing pike. If the super comes, you'll warrant the pike. A bit risky if you get baited yourself, but the reward is enormous.

personnally the two things that give me the most trouble in this machtup are tress and 2HS. Be wary as he can use 2HS to go under summons, and he'll combo into 2D wich sucks cause he has time to setup nets. I would suggest learning the FRC super it helps immensly, not only does it clear traps ig he ty's to hop over it with GD you can just run foward and block it, unfortunaly you have to be careful how he lands so you can actually trow him rigth after

personnally the two things that give me the most trouble in this machtup are tress and 2HS. Be wary as he can use 2HS to go under summons, and he'll combo into 2D wich sucks cause he has time to setup nets. I would suggest learning the FRC super it helps immensly, not only does it clear traps ig he ty's to hop over it with GD you can just run foward and block it, unfortunaly you have to be careful how he lands so you can actually trow him rigth after

Eh, I dunno. If I want to super him, I'll toss out some summon for the bullshit unblockable which clears just about everything he has, and with a good timing puts him on the defense, which isn't one of his strongest points

honestly in this fight....whoever gets on the run wins this fight. you knock down testament-you win. this fight should be in his favor because of long pokes and the fact that dizzy needs space fucks this whole fight up completely. offensive dizzy puts testament in advantage...defensive dizzy puts testament in advantage..you probably want to look for openings in the neutral game and then take him out.

Got few hour Testament experience, Starting +R Discussion... Testament FB Skull is one of the dumbest thing ever in this game LOL, it eat fish and get you sealed with hyperactive Crow, Mid air Grab also grant him 1 key. but i think the game is leaning more to 5:5 at this moment, since Exe Beast is gone whenever Tes got punished, so Dizzy 5k is really strong on neutral, and don't get too comfy blocking in the corner... when shit all over the screen, u can't see his mixup and i think setting Unblockables didn't look too hard for him with FB skull, on neutral do whatever, Exe beast is less of a threat now imo, without any cover just 5k / spike him, Zeinest and Hitomi still annoying as ever.