Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

[AC+R BUG] Abusing button macros to get negative edge inputs during every single frame

No that's actually quite game breaking. You could lock down pot until he got a burst at the right distance, which is insanely stupid. No person could do this reliably, like flat out not ever could you do this in a normal situation without the glitch.

This is just one example, and again is showing why i've said this is a pandora's box waiting to be opened. This is only the tip of what might actually be possible with this nonsense.

Doesn't Pot have FDB? Can't he slidehead under it? It's a lvl 1 move with 21 startup and 48 recovery. Even spaced perfectly, I'm sure there's a gap of a least 4 frames somewhere for FDB. Not that it matters since I'm still for banning after confirming what Baiken can do with it.

Also, my example from earlier with the marathon sucked, but I wasn't thinking enough at the time and my lunch break ended before I could refine that part of my post. I figured I'd rather post something stupid and correct it sometime later than lose the post I spent my lunch on. And now this break is over so I still can't correct it.

Uh... take it easy on Thanatos? Seems like some major angry mob brain going on at the moment.

If you do the butterfly meaty he can't reversal FDB it, and then the 2nd hits of the butterfly make FBD almost impossible to get out which creates the lockdown.

i dunno try blocking the meaty then jumping and taking the hit and teching forward. That's the point of having a larger life bar or a life lead. If you're low on HP you might be losing anyway.

If you do the butterfly meaty he can't reversal FDB it, and then the 2nd hits of the butterfly make FBD almost impossible to get out which creates the lockdown.

it's almost impossible to get out? even if you are also using the glitch?

I would be surprised if an anji player saw this and didn't set aside a macro button on his stick just for butterfly set-ups. I know I would...thinkin about it for chipp just to get perfect instant air alphas.

and lol errol i thought about that too

You can adjust your pad format without macros for your FRC execution. It doesn't need a patch. Just do it.

You can't adjust a glitch of this magnitude unless you can ban the origin. A TO would lose their fucking minds if they had to enforce the glitch itself and have to depend mainly on player integrity. Nevertheless, the glitch requires a patch. This is coming from a pad player AND an organizer btw so don't give me that shit. I have faith that some of you who put so much into this thread will have enough common sense to switch one button around to be able to do FRCs in tournament.

So ban macros. Done.

I only read one page of this goddamn thread and see that no one can come into an obvious consensus. Pad players can easily fix this.

P.S. Ama, you're not a fucking cheater for using macros in general. Don't be a dummy to believe such. Macros are fine but this glitch is not.

forgive my constant theory fighting but assuming it doesn't really matter on oki (i.e. the first butterfly is meaty so the only timing variable is the other character's wake up speed. impossible in neutral ofc) if the double butterfly is blue or red, is pianoing 236P~D not practical? you could potentially even do [P+D], 23656, -P-, -D- and cover missed attempts with more standard oki

edit: added clarification. doesn't actually seem bad from my testing, except wake up speeds between characters vary like crazy in this game

hinkin about it for chipp just to get perfect instant air alphas.

wouldn't you cancel the jump startup and get ground alpha instead?

forgive my constant theory fighting but assuming it doesn't really matter on oki if the double butterfly is blue or red, is pianoing 236P~D not practical? you could potentially even do [P+D], 23656, -P-, -D- and cover missed attempts with more standard oki

wouldn't you cancel the jump startup and get ground alpha instead?

dammit you're right

(edit) as for the anji thing, ya that would help a tiny bit but the timing is very dynamic and requires you to visually judge the distance extremely well. Doing what was done in the previously posted video, butterfly ad-infinitum is not humanly possible (like if the opponent was actually trying to do ANYTHING) and you're gonna have to prove otherwise before you argue it is.

In that case reversal Slidehead. He committed to doing another butterfly so he's going to get knocked down since he's on the ground. I'm pretty sure Slidehead will still go under a meaty butterfly in +R. Failing that, just block the first one, slashback or IB the drop. Giganter reversal to negate them if he has meter to burn. POTEMKING ****ING BACKDASH. I swear, there are options to deal with these things. The only thing that doesn't have an answer so far is Baiken's counters, and that's her problem, not the bug's. It's just better for our player communities to try to stifle easymode use of something that's borderline overpowered than to ban Baiken or do something else.

And I think I'm totally OK with people doing this to me with macros even in tournament just because I'd want to try to learn to deal with it in case someone learns to do it without macros.

Can someone put together some videos of the bug, and can ElvenShadow translate up something to send to Arcsys to make sure they know about this? It'd suck if this came back as a legacy bug in Xrd.

you can always do it as jump then alpha blade

i can connect roboky c.s -> air dp like that

i can't imagine that chipp can't combo that

edit

holy shit this works and its perfect...

(actually i still find it easier to 2369 but the macro makes it way easier cuz you just hit and hold it as soon as you think the game read your jump)

seriously faultydefense let's talk about mad struggle feint for free in any situation off any jump cancel without worrying about timing being screwed by variable hitstop or the third hit of c.s maybe not hitting or

Every character can find something to do with this. Vet was going on and on about Sol's applications for this to me. Super dumb

I set aside my taunt (in between punch and dust) and i've been playing around practicing using it and it really is super easy reversals, so much that i dont have to think about the timing anymore.

I have PKS set to it and already its great for doing reversal perfect betas and instant air alphas. This is not something I have to practice or think about now...just getting used to the glitch will change some of the way you play... GRANTED you probably need to be more precise on the motions than we've let on, but it throws timing out the window and nets you the best case scenario every time

also if you do fuck up the IAA motion it nets you a ground rekka which combos. if you fuck it up normally you might alpha too high or go flying somewhere which is usually how I end up dying...so this makes it safer as well as stronger

In that case reversal Slidehead. He committed to doing another butterfly so he's going to get knocked down since he's on the ground. I'm pretty sure Slidehead will still go under a meaty butterfly in +R. Failing that, just block the first one, slashback or IB the drop. Giganter reversal to negate them if he has meter to burn. POTEMKING ****ING BACKDASH. I swear, there are options to deal with these things. The only thing that doesn't have an answer so far is Baiken's counters, and that's her problem, not the bug's. It's just better for our player communities to try to stifle easymode use of something that's borderline overpowered than to ban Baiken or do something else.

And I think I'm totally OK with people doing this to me with macros even in tournament just because I'd want to try to learn to deal with it in case someone learns to do it without macros.

Can someone put together some videos of the bug, and can ElvenShadow translate up something to send to Arcsys to make sure they know about this? It'd suck if this came back as a legacy bug in Xrd.

I pulled up my copy of GG to see if your answers to the butterfly were actually feasible (since it made me wonder why Anji players would ever butterfly oki Potemkin if it were so easy to deal with), and it turns out that no, slidehead does not beat a well-spaced meaty butterfly. Pot just gets hit later on in the move, before he actually finishes falling to the floor. :(

Slashbacking the drop on the first butterfly when the second butterfly is next to your face turns out to be pretty hard, too, though I admit I suck at slashbacking.

Beyond that, Anji can also just input 2369P for the second butterfly. If the first one hits, he gets a second butterfly, while if it whiffs because of some reversal or backdash or whatever, he'll just jump forward.

Anyway, even if Potemkin has an answer to it, do all the other characters have a legitimate answer to it? I was only messing around with it on Pot because he has the most health and the glitch doesn't work in training mode.

edit: I really want the macro glitch stuff to be illegitimate, but honestly, everything seems to point to it being quite good.

THIS IS STILL GOING?

Well, I've outsmarted all of you! I have found the answer to all of this!

wthishat.jpg

Hold that shit.

Here's a wild, crazy suggestion that doesn't tell *anyone* to eat a dick:

Let stick players use a macro.

They have 6 to 8 buttons on their face.

the glitch is the dick and you want everyone to eat it

i'm really tired of not being married to you, omg

i'm really tired of not being married to you, omg

I second this.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. I don't actually want to join this argument at all.

I pulled up my copy of GG to see if your answers to the butterfly were actually feasible (since it made me wonder why Anji players would ever butterfly oki Potemkin if it were so easy to deal with), and it turns out that no, slidehead does not beat a well-spaced meaty butterfly. Pot just gets hit later on in the move, before he actually finishes falling to the floor. :(

Slashbacking the drop on the first butterfly when the second butterfly is next to your face turns out to be pretty hard, too, though I admit I suck at slashbacking.

Beyond that, Anji can also just input 2369P for the second butterfly. If the first one hits, he gets a second butterfly, while if it whiffs because of some reversal or backdash or whatever, he'll just jump forward.

Anyway, even if Potemkin has an answer to it, do all the other characters have a legitimate answer to it? I was only messing around with it on Pot because he has the most health and the glitch doesn't work in training mode.

edit: I really want the macro glitch stuff to be illegitimate, but honestly, everything seems to point to it being quite good.

Thanks for testing that. I wasn't sure if the above knees invul was good enough, but I've been AA'd by Slidehead before. Also, I didn't think a jump-based option select would work like that with a projectile. That's pretty cool.

Dammit, this bug is terrible. It's almost as bad as the lack of random music select on PS3! WTF ARE YOU DOING ARCSYS?!

the glitch is the dick and you want everyone to eat it

best post of the year. I'd make this my sig but yeah.

Macros should be banned until patched out (if patched.)

I think it's reasonable to ask pad players to learn how to hit multiple buttons normally to get rid of a console only glitch that greatly changes how the player interacts with the inputs in the game. Multiple 1 frame links/inputs are humanly possible but I don't think anyone is able to pretty much 99.999% of the time hit 1 frame inputs. That makes people playing on the console version are playing pretty much a completely different game than arcade. It should all be the same game no matter where you sit down and play. It should all just be +R.

I also just really don't think it's intended to work how it is currently working. When you hold a button down I don't think you get 1 frame negative edge inputs. I could be wrong on this I actually don't know, but from other fighting games I've played I can reason it probably doesn't work like this. But magically when they're on a macro you start getting this rapid input. This is obviously unintended and shouldn't be used. It might not seem game breaking but it's still new and there's no need to wait around and see what can be done with it.

I'm pretty sure it wont get patched. They probably know about it if it's been in the game this long, and if they haven't fixed it, it's probably because they use the arcade standard there and don't care. They didn't fix crashes and random music select (this is Guilty FUCKING Gear, you better damn well make sure the music works!), so they wont spend extra money to patch this. Especially with Xrd coming soon, and a million other fighting games in simultaneous development.

Even though they're on a new engine, making it unlikely for this bug to return, I'd still feel better knowing that someone contacted them about this bug to prevent them from releasing it in Xrd. I mean, modern Call of Duty has legacy bugs from ****ing Unreal 2 or some shit, so I wouldn't be surprised if something insane happened here. :psyduck: