Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

[AC+R BUG] Abusing button macros to get negative edge inputs during every single frame

Right now, I've given up on +R and Guilty Gear until Xrd. If it were me your position, I could either stay mad, put up with problems, go back to AC+, or just move on.

Games dead. it's been dead. Continues to be dead.

Perhaps +R is a lost cause and fell completely short. We expected it to revitalize something and instead the lack of US release combined with zero momentum from ArcSys (amongst other community-contributed factors) has failed to meet the expectation. +R's a flop. Maybe we should admit it and just forget about this thread and the rather discouraging attitudes and personalities present in it. It's obvious we can't hash any of this shit out amongst ourselves and with no help from ArcSys coming, the situation looks completely broken and unmanageable from everyone's POV.

I'm just avoiding GG now, and it's not because I'm scared or jealous or mad at some stupid Macro glitch, it's because of all the shit and attitudes that that are surrounding it, now.

Just give up on +R, maybe. AC+ is still good. It still exists. People present here clearly didn't have a problem playing it for years! Nobody will take it away from you!

Eh... don't go that far. The game is only dead if people stop playing it. Considering the game isn't even out yet, this attitude makes me pretty sad.

As far as Baiken goes, I'm only concerned because while it's something that's potentially overpowered, it's also something that could potentially lead to degenerate gameplay. Baiken wont always be able to do those counters consistently without the macro, but the ability for her to guarantee a counter attack against anything she blocks if her execution is perfect, even if the other player tries to bait it, is just bad design. Buffing her counters was a good idea. Sakura going from frame 17 to frame 10 is overdoing it though, considering she can do counters during block pause, and the block pause on moves is 11-15 frames based on attack level. Frame 14 or 15 would probably have been a substantial enough buff since she could guarantee counters against lvl 4 and 5 moves, but it's sort of dumb to commit to those since they tend to be slow and their use is pretty much asking Baiken to hit you anyway. You're potentially punished for trying to hit her now, and draining the enemy life bar is the goal (really it's just to not have yours drained), so gameplay might shift toward out-turtling the defense/counter character :psyduck:. It might be effective to just try to chip her to death with projectiles, to force her to approach and use counters other than Sakura and Zakuro. Even better if you bait her into throwing out moves that you can DP through or something. Sort of sucks for I-No since we can't really counterpoke in that matchup, but hey, she can't counter what she can't block right? :sweatdrop: Even in the best case scenario where this is just overreacting, it's probably going to lead to boring gameplay. I'd love if it didn't though. Sorry Star, everyone is just going to hate Baiken more. Dry their tears and salt your favorite snack with the residue.

If you think about it, Baiken might not be as bad as old Eddie. He could put you in a block string, forcing you to play his game of "be frame perfect when blocking to not get hit and die". Against Baiken, she gets to punish us for attacking if she's near frame perfect which is bogus, but at least we're playing the neutral game trying to get in without getting ****ed, rather than being on the receiving end of Eddie's drill unblockables. Eddie can run his stuff off of rote memorization and muscle memory once he has the initiative, but Baiken has to do her stuff reactively, which is harder. That's even with the macro bug, since we get to use high/low/throw/crossup.

So anyway, the macro bug is dumb. I wont use it unless I'm messing aorund, and part of me even wants to play a scrubby "ultra-defense" Baiken for lulz since I tend to do well at frustrating people by being a brick wall. I'll learn to time her counters with that frame-perfect accuracy though! (If I can find time to play someone on the side since I don't get anywhere near enough practice with I-No as it is) I'm probably not going to enjoy how effortless the game is for other people when I put in work, but I main I-No, so I don't have a right to complain anyway right? Hard work isn't a problem for me or I'd switch mains, and I'm not going to resent a newb for using the macro bug. But eventually their training wheels have to come off...

Remember that THE GAME ISN'T FUCKING OUT YET. I'm fortunate enough to live within a reasonable distance of two arcades. One of them I don't really like, and the one I do like actually has an AC machine. They're also saving money to buy a +R board and an Xrd board. I know most places don't have a GG machine, but if you're lucky enough to be near one, this bug wont be an issue because people wont use macros if they want to be able to compete. For people that need to play pad, customizing controls is enough. Whether or not a community bans it, most players are going to be comfortable. If people want to be better than casual at this game, they're probably going to want to practice with whatever conditions will be used in competition. If some competitions ban the macro, we're good. If some competitions are on the arcade machine, we're good. I wont get on someone's case for using the macros at first (I'll honestly have fun with trying to get past a consistent stream of bullshit), but eventually, after I've gotten to know one of these players and I'm sure they wont quit from being berated, I'll tease them a little and call them a wuss. At least locally, they're going to HAVE to adapt. If I go to a community that allows the macro bug, I'll just try to outplay the people that rely on it. From a playing to win perspective we should all use it if it makes doing that complicated stuff easier. Except we're eventually going to be in a situation where we can't, so we shouldn't rely on it and instead should learn to do this shit manually, so the play-to-win thing is really to not use it. If you don't plan on trying to improve enough to beat players that are better than you, you don't need to worry about it. If you're one of the better players, you also don't need to worry about it that much. You should assume the other guy might have the potential to do that shit 100% of the time consistently anyway, just to prepare yourself better to deal with the unknown.

At first glance and from what I've been hearing from some people, +R looks like it's worse than AC. But again, IT'S NOT FUCKING OUT YET. Some of us have it because yeah, if you want to be a dick and shit on my motivational speech, the JP version is out and we can get it. But it's also really fresh and not everyone even has it. Give it time and put work into it? The game might turn out to be a lot of fun, and if it's not, we can all play AC/Xrd/Skullgirls. This sort of shit always happens when the new game from a series comes out right (I think at one point OS was considered top in AC)? Just keep playing it and let's see where that takes us. We're playing to have fun first and foremost right? We'll worry about the game being dead when the game stops being fun and/or awesome. And if you tell me this game isn't awesome I will shit in your breakfast.

I believe it'd be wise to avoid people who shitpost like Star-Demon or Dusk Thanatos and keep talking about the consequences of the glitch instead of giving them attention. I don't have much to say regarding the matter but to say that this won't break the game is pretty ridiculous, all fighting games keep evolving with time, something that seems harmless can end up being pandora's box (like this). Justice and Baiken are just the beginning, shit will keep being found and then all hell will break loose.

If people keep playing with this bug and find new issues, I hope they post it. The sooner we know about something potentially broken, the sooner we know if we should move on to something else. ArcSys also has the ability to fix these issues now without having to make us wait 2 years for a new version, so that helps everyone. We just have to be a responsible community and pass on this sort of info to them.

Also, let's not assume that something broken will be found just because this bug exists. :rolleyes:

I've got +R, and though lack of online doesnt give me alot of judgement calls on what's broken or not, at the very least I find its very fun to play :O took me a while to get into without training modes, but anyway.

If its a glitch though, I don't get why everyone's so pissed about. I couldn't get it to work honestly, but I'm a baddie at GG. If someone abuses the glitch, then you knkw they abuse the glitch, and because this game doesn't have online (dunno if this'll change, dont keep up with GG) , how many people are you really gonna play against where you could just say "hey, can you not use that?"

uhm. the game has online play, the glitch works (just not in training mode) and is incredibly easy to perform. It is game-breaking; Everyone is pissed because a division has happened where people want to ban macros (Including myself)

versus who play on pad who don't think banning macros is fair (some of them).

I used to play on pad and if macros were banned if the was discovered in Accent core vanilla and plus i would definitely just learn a different configuration as I-no NEEDS frcs to win at high-level play. Even If I wasn't comfortable with it I would adjust. We should just do a poll and the majority wins simple as that.

Could all of you please shut the fuck up?

Frosty Faustings is banning macros. NEC is probably also banning macros. If you use macros and want to compete at majors please learn a way to not use macros for the time being.

If you want to allow macros at your locals or casuals that's on you and your scene, no one else gives a shit. If you play randoms online expect macro bullshit, that's the chance you take.

Further discussion is not necessary.