Nekich

GG official art and sprites (and chibi GIFs) thread

Here's a question for you guys:

Are Play-Arts Kai figures (or the like) officially endorsed by ARC System Works?  Do they get money from us buying the figures?

If not, I'd think Play-Arts Kai falls under "Fanart".

of course they are official and the get money from them.

Here's a question for you guys:

Are Play-Arts Kai figures (or the like) officially endorsed by ARC System Works?  Do they get money from us buying the figures?

If not, I'd think Play-Arts Kai falls under "Fanart".

Yes.

In more words, yes they officially endorse and get money from these figures, much like anime conglomerates do, and they generally make good advertising for the work they are based off. often times the figure companies will even be involved in funding/ production and release the high quality  figures soon after the work is released. its seems Arcsys is among the companies doing that now. 

these could in no way be considered fan art, as such a widely publicized figure could never be made without  the direct involvement of Arcsys. this isn't a garage resin kit here.

Edited by FattMatt1887

Fuck....

I made that Ky state as a half joke, I was kinda hoping they wouldn't do it...

Is this how much the Sol one costs: $105.66?

EDIT:

Can you order the Sol one now that it's been fully revealed and painted and what not? Do they ship to Canada? I would like to know this info for the Ky statue when it's officially revealed, if I can preorder it when it's revealed.

Yeah, I saw it, which is why I asked. I've never ordered these things before. Trying to get the info before they release the Ky one lol.

Ah, I see. There aren't that many countries that AmiAmi doesn't ship to, and even then, it mostly concerns specific kinds of merchandise that Ky figure doesn't fall into.

No problem, Me and my girlfriend own a decent amount of PVC figures/statues so I've learned a thing or two about them. The Dizzy PVC by good smile company is the crown jewel of my collection(She's mai Waifu), and I can't wait for a Sol and Ky to go with it.

Reposting Faust's logo here, since I just realized that I'm stupid enough to post it in a BB thread :v:

post-10612-0-16558000-1418238258_thumb.j

While I was scouring the Xrd files for scrapped content I found some interesting stuff. Mind you this is from the disc release, so this is all pre-day 0 patch.

vs_char_01.png

Apparently this was Leo's versus image. A piece of placeholder concept art.

ui_mom_map_icon_leo.png

Placeholder MOM-map icon.

CharacterSelect_Front_I2A.png

Character select placeholder.

So I guess he really wasn't finished until that day 1 patch, unlike some people who like to believe he was 100% final on the disk. 

And then it started getting weird:

CHP_Poster.png

ci_test_a01.png

(Story mode test image)

FAU_panorama.png

ma_picture_b.png

Not sure if this belongs here, but it's about XRD sprite/model rip

I have a sick idea for an av but I need to rip Slayer's j.2K. Took 30 mins to do this rough:

b6xJoYN.png

Seems like copying videos off PS4 to USB affects the image, I'll try uploading to Youtube. I thought the outlines would be thicker but there are parts where they taper off. This is off Elphelt stage but I'm also going to test May stage and a darker stage to see if the lighting changes.

I used GIMP and mostly magic wand everywhere. If anyone has advice on selecting and cleaning edges, please help cause I have 0 experience with this. There are about 13 unique frames and I'll probably do at least 8

Edit:

Turns out I accidentally had a filter on when taking the screenshot but the corrected screenshot still looks like trash.

mNZDdeN.png

Did some research on PS4 recordings and it seems like I'll have to hunt for some capture card footage.

Lighting does not appear to affect character appearance.

Edit 2:

Tested PS4 screencap. Outputs 1080p and looks mostly accurate to game but there's an annoying delay before screenshot is actually taken. Outlines remain intact, but most of them couldn't be grabbed with wand.

d4vez3E.png

Faust stage was not a good stage to use. Tension gauge was in the way but that can be lowered in Display Options. Setting dummy to Roman Cancel is pretty helpful. The main issues I imagine are the camera zoom and watermark. There's also the problem of whether or not you consider the shadow as part of the "sprite."

As for Slayer's block, it seems there is some randomization. Old Slayer block only had 7 unique frames but I'm seeing a lot of different mixtures in my screenshots. Different combinations of hands, different locations too, not sure if they actually rotate or just move to set formations.

The giant gap between his left leg and his coattails is accurate, Slayer's legs are really weird

Did anyone ever rip the HUD or any menu graphics from Accent Core?  I looked all through Zepp Museum and skimmed this thread, but I couldn't find anything.  The board's search engine was no help either.

@ daymendou nice, I was thinking of doing a similar thing with a couple of the ladies.. if I find time.

Just animated Testament's Hitomi if anyone wants. Idk, I just love the thing. Might make it my avatar.. but I love Elphelt's boob motions.

8oZPlgo.gif

If you really want to do it, I just remembered Replay Theater can do frame advance when paused. Can't wait to try

Edit:

Do not use Ky stage, there are foreground objects that layer over characters and the random chandelier in the back affects character lighting too. A lot of particles seem to have a large lighting radius, like Stun Edge's blue light on Slayer's left shoe in the block pose above.

Versus replays might be 2 player only, didn't save when I tried against Computer

Dandy Revolver Prototype (Lvl 1)

MDLl88f.gif

Slow version

http://i.imgur.com/5a5evzZ.gif

15 unique frames, I only made paths for 13 and left out the first and last frames

29 frames total, GIMP keeps rounding numbers so it saved at 50 FPS

Pathing took about 4 1/2 hours, aligning the animation took about 1 hour

Stage selection matters a lot. Ky's stage is terrible cause soldiers and other decorations have the same colors as the character outlines. I think Sol's stage will be the best. For jump poses, have both characters jump to avoid zoom. I didn't do it here. Smoke from jumping can layer over character so you may want to double jump. Going to corner stops the screen from moving sideways.

Slayer's tie, belt buckles, and white shirt are really hard to read sometimes. I need to retake shots before cleaning edges.

Not one, but two different Ramlethal figures have been announced on this WonFes:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/287850

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/287700

EDIT: Oh, and a recolor of the last Sol figure:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/287170