Nekich

GG official art and sprites (and chibi GIFs) thread

Ky was showcased at WonFes together with that alt color Sol figure last weekend. The release dates are probably further into the year.

While I was scouring the Xrd files for scrapped content I found some interesting stuff. Mind you this is from the disc release, so this is all pre-day 0 patch.

(Story mode test image)

FAU_panorama.png

Huh, I just realized, I think this actually appears inside of Faust's door, but you can only see the sky and ground, none of the aliens things.

& Oh that Ky figure is nice. But I only collect females, hope this opens the door for some potentially!

Dunno about you, but I can see those aliens in-game just fine.

Are there any scans of the Codex artbook that came with the US LE?

I've been looking for HQ scans for what feels like an eternity..

The Codex is a little on the small side so scans = destroying the book.  I'm not surprised you haven't found any.

Well, at the very least I will work on gleaning info from it.

Back to work on Xrd "sprites"

Using YRC to fade the background prevents bleeding from light sources, though be aware of bleeding from the YRC itself. All I did was record dummy to superjump then YRC x4, which gives the camera time to rezoom for maximum size (video). During the time stop, I open menu, select Hide Menu, then take screenshot. Background objects still interfere with the selection process, but everything that isn't black is really easy to select.

iE3PjaJ.jpg

Unfortunately it's not that simple. The YRC effect is just about the same color as the character outlines, so you have to wait for the effect to progress until it becomes a lighter gray. Out of 30 screenshots, I only got 1 usable shot. The edges came out really nice at least.

2UVO3o0.png

I'm not really sure whether having anti-aliasing/feathering is better or not, this is without using either.

Not that it's important or anything, but why are there no GG2 Overture Emoticons on Dustloop?

I'd think we'd eventually need them, assuming certain characters become playable post-GGXrd.

I made a list of suggestions just for fun:

Izuna
Dr. Paradigm
Valentine (Classic GG2 Valentine)
'Justice!'-Valentine (GG2 Final boss)
Bonnie (Paradigm's Assistant)
President Gabriel (Potemkin's superior)
Nekomata (Izuna's Girlfriend)
Sharon (Slayer's Wife!)
Gauntlet Body / Twin Trigger / Convict Hammer / Quadro Bailiff (Cuz Leo has an army!)
Melee-Chan / Raider-Chan / Armor-Chan (Valentine's Vizuel Maid Servants)
President Vernon (with shock face from GGXrd lol)
GGXrd Justice (Sans Armor)
Jellyfish Pirate Icons (Janis/Febby/March/April/June/July/Augus/Sephy/Octy/Novel/Leap)
May's Fish Friends (MrDophin/MrDoodleMizuki (the Otter)/MrYamada (Pink Whale)/MrFiveRivers (Killer Whale)

I can probably think of more, but it's just something to think about.

Does anyone have the texture rips from GGXrd's clothing labels for Leo Whitefang?  Originally they were posted on Shoryuken forums.

I have everyone's except Leos.

Does anyone have the texture rips from GGXrd's clothing labels for Leo Whitefang?  Originally they were posted on Shoryuken forums.

I have everyone's except Leos.

LEO_decal.png

This one?

Has anyone ripped the sidebar chibis from +R?

Kurushii (http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/user/6706-kurushii/) did. I sent him a personal message asking the same thing some time ago and he gave me the following link:

http://kurushii.tv/Downloads/GGAC/GGAC+_Sidebars.7z

Edit: To clarify, these are the entire sidebars, not the chibi motives alone. For fun I attempted to crop out the chibi art for a few of them, but I'm terrible at all things image editing, so it didn't turn out all that well. I'm not sure if anyone has already done that or if the chibi character art is available elsewhere. Below are two of my attempts.

8849cb7f3a.png    6bbae24dc9.png

edit 2: I now realize that my poor crop attempts should probably have been posted in the fan art thread. Don't shoot me.

Thanks, these will do me well! Funnily I was actually specifically searching Robo-Ky's chibi :D

I decided to do Robo-Ky because I liked his chibi art. I'm glad I could be of help.

Does anyone have a full version of this image?, or one without the sample text?

11401583_1062106423818449_16110876510636

I doubt anyone will have that scanned, big poster plus preorder item from Imagine Web.

As a side request, for anyone able:

Can you check and see if Guilty Gear 2 Overture has any textures floating around?

I'd like to get my hands on any stray unused data from that game, if possible.

As a side request, for anyone able:

Can you check and see if Guilty Gear 2 Overture has any textures floating around?

I'd like to get my hands on any stray unused data from that game, if possible.

Hopefully they'll release it on Steam soon-ish, so I can start cracking it open. Don't own the game anymore, sadly.  :(