Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doraemonsol

Bandit Bringer uses

Is this a good use? I use BB after a ground chain combo like K, close S, S, H, xx Bandit Bringer. That way, my opponent have took a little time to recover from block or hit, so he wouldn't have much time to react and it will make me close again for another combo or throw to keep pressure.

My advice is to generally not use Bandit Bringer like so even when properly spaced to avoid punishment. You could but remember make sure there's more gain than loss from using that BB. Learn Gun Flame FRC and blockstrings going into it or after that. You'll need that more. Hope I helped.

It can be useful for going over things, and can sometimes catch backdashes out of blockstun if used very infrequently. But it's not a good tool for getting back in and it's not an effective overhead. Basically, if you're expecting your opponent to block it, they're probably ready for it and you should think twice about doing it. It used to have some situational uses in combos but even that's been nerfed now.

As for staying close to your opponent, staggering 5S 2S and max range 5H is a good tool to get people to keep blocking, and can even give you some opportunities to run in. Utilizing j.P to drag people back to the ground is also good, and even air dash j.H, or just j.H in general, can be useful for catching people jumping. Even Bandit Revolver is considerably better than Bandit Bringer (and it's also harder to punish, particularly if done at max range). GF FRC is obviously Sol's best tool for getting back in, but it does burn tension and knowing his other options is still a good idea. GF FRC combined with j.H is actually a really strong tool for getting back in; if you're ever watched Roi play, he makes strong use of this.