Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR-Raiden

[+R] Sol vs. Millia

Use this thread to discuss the vs. Millia matchup in +R.

Much info from the the old matchup thread for AC is still relevant. It can be found here: Sol vs Millia

I will be editing this first post with information on the matchup soon.

Match Start:

• -

Neutral:

• -

Offense:

• -

Defense:

• -
  • Punishes (on block/reaction):

Combo Notes:

[*]... > 2D > GV (slight mash) will Clean Hit her, as long as 2D doesn't hit too far. A simple way to mash the proper amount is to input 214S, then mash S until right before the last hit.

[*]-

[*]-

I could definitely use work here. I'll list some stuff.

Match start

- f.S and 5H can CH her 2D, but lose to disc (need to verify).

Neutral

- seems like "catch her if you can." She dances around you easily with her fast ground movement, fast/high jumps and air options.

- I like j.P in the air-to-air game, seems good for catching her coupled with airdashes.

- Always keep track of her pin. It has extra cool down in +R before she can retrieve it. Trying to antiair 5K when she has it is asking to get hit. Dashing HVV can counter it, but this is risky so use sparingly. The best way of dealing with it is trying to avoid it entirely since even on block she can often pressure you after. Jumping/super jumping straight up or IAD over it, or running forward under it if close enough can avoid it. Once it is grounded, you can defend the pin and try keeping her from retrieving it. She is way easier to handle without pin.

- Stand-alone or canceled from far normals BR seems better than usual. It can catch her flying around in air and knocks down.

- GF seems worse than usual at neutral. She isn't typically going to be trying to win a poking game on the ground since she can dance around so easily in air. She can easily avoid GF and IAD punish or pin.

- good f.S use can discourage her from using 2D as much to tag you at neutral into a knockdown.

More later probably