Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

BlazBlue@TGS Discussion Thread - Kagura/Terumi/Kokonoe hype time!

Trying something new here. If you have gameplay info, posts it in the main discussion thread to give it some prominence. Any big news should be posted in the stickied news thread.

Use this thread for hype, speculation, and general discussion. Gonna try and be more relaxed on the moderation for this one, but don't go crazy here. Keep it related to CP, particularly the three new characters available at TGS. If this works out we'll keep it going for future announcements.

Mods: redirect off-topic posts from the gameplay thread to here and issue warnings if need be.

This thread has all the makings of an excellent idea! Mad props Circuitous, I, and I should hope all others, will do our part to make it a success. (which in my case, easily enough, equates to simply posting responsibly!)

So with Teru's heat gain do y'all think his astral wil be actually practical in setups? It'd be increda-hype if there were gameplans revolving around it.

I think Terumi's astral in general sounds "increda-hype" with all the Dark Susano'o stuff.

Doubly so since he can get 75+ heat in a weak combo and may be able combo into it consistantly from there

222D sounds like a command grab astral. Doesnt sound like it'll be viable but you never know.

Rachel's 222B isn't a grab so at least there's hope hype

I wonder if Terumi is going to have a functioning counter assault like the rest of the cast, or a really really gimped one like Elizabeth has in P4U. Kind of hope it's the latter.

I wonder if Terumi is going to have a functioning counter assault like the rest of the cast, or a really really gimped one like Elizabeth has in P4U. Kind of hope it's the latter.

He's got a incognito counter distortion so~ (I don't think we'll see a lot of CAs from him anyway...)

Terumi sounds fun. I never liked Hazama much at all, but I like the way Terumi sounds.

Kagura's sounding like almost a completely perfect fit for me. I'm excited thinking about combo trials for him. Just need some more details on normals, stance followups, Astral, and that anti-air.

Hoping to see cool Kokonoe stuff.

222D sounds like a command grab astral. Doesnt sound like it'll be viable but you never know.

Mu's Astral uses the same command, creates something in front of her (in this case a marker for the crystal prison she traps the opponent in), and is still quite viable after certain attacks.

Rachel's 222B isn't a grab so at least there's hope hype

It used to be unblockable actually so way better than a grab, now I don't know what it in CP is but I know she can just do it from 3C midscreen without any problems lol. It activates much quicker too.

The astral reminds me of Mu's one the most.

All good things must come to an end I suppose. BUT let's not let that distract us from what's important!

So Kagura's airborne stance teleports to the ground? That sounds amazing! I wonder if its quick enough to make air to air pokes, like Haku's J.C, punishable.

Obviously it will be very important in extending corner and perhaps midscreen combos. (I know I'm being presumptuous...:P)

I can also see this as a way to quickly touch ground after air teching some combo... could disrupt alot of Oki that uses air unblockables

According to Jiyuna via his tweets,

Kagura has 12 drives moves from his 4 stances (5D, 4D, 6D and jD). That means all his stances have 3 drives moves (from A, B and C). His jD allows him to teleport directly to the ground (back, neutral and front). He have a slow run but a quick backdash (understandable for a charge char).

You press one Drive and you will be able to perform 3 drives moves (Not need to hold D in order to perform his drives moves).

His 2C has a "massive range poke". His 5B seems very short (I thought it was like Hazama 5B we see on his sample Arcsys released).

His stance cancels seem fast, only has 2 specials.

You could've told us that sooner.

I felt like the thread name implied it strongly enough.

If the thread works out alright we'll do more for future events so people have a place to gush over the news without info getting lost. You can blow up as appropriate at that time.

According to Jiyuna via his tweets,

Kagura has 12 drives moves from his 4 stances (5D, 4D, 6D and jD). That means all his stances have 3 drives moves (from A, B and C). His jD allows him to teleport directly to the ground (back, neutral and front). He have a slow run but a quick backdash (understandable for a charge char).

You press one Drive and you will be able to perform 3 drives moves (Not need to hold D in order to perform his drives moves).

His 2C has a "massive range poke". His 5B seems very short (I thought it was like Hazama 5B we see on his sample Arcsys released).

His stance cancels seem fast, only has 2 specials.

This is an example of a post that should be in the gameplay thread. (But you already posted it in the gameplay thread, so I'll just use it as an example.)

Hard info: gameplay thread until we get an official post, then news thread.

Speculation/discussion: here.

Cool? Cool.