Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

BlazBlue@TGS Discussion Thread - Kagura/Terumi/Kokonoe hype time!

Oh, if it was the previous videos with a koko demonstration and a match with terumi, I believe I've already seen it then. It just sounded different.

Kokonoe looks potentially like a fun character. It'd be nice if she could end her combos with knockdown close to the opponent rather than sending him away, given that graviton thing could turn into an interesting okizeme tool.

she looks like a zoner. Like she needs time to setup her robotic minions like rachel. There probably will be ways to end in close knockdown. I already saw what looks like 3c flame cage oki.

i wonder what her overheads are, and if graviton affects them in any way. She might turn out to be a strong character positioner, putting people exactly where she wants and baiting reactions.

and that ice doing 3k on block... Wonder if it's safe on recovery/startup, or any drawbacks at all (besides sending full screen on hit. Not really a drawback IMO)

Kokonoe looks potentially like a fun character. It'd be nice if she could end her combos with knockdown close to the opponent rather than sending him away, given that graviton thing could turn into an interesting okizeme tool.

She has better options if the opponent is farther away. She needs at least 70+ frames to setup up a graviton and flame cage setup and that's not even counting time for the ball to travel. Instant they block that she's free to teleport in and mixup. My theory is ending combos into ice gun blockstrings would benefit more than knockdown. Up to 3k chip with graviton near and it's about +12 frameadv. She has a few normals that have float or wall/ground bounce so might be possible to end with that and setup an AUB or crossunder mixup to reset. In corner she'll be able to rock the standard close range oki. I already been getting ideas like Knockdown > 2D > Crossup j.2C/j.B.

How GDLK is Kokonoes dash?

I haven't done calculations on it but it looks to be up there with one of the fastest.

High level Kokonoe play is terrifying.

I await the many people who just take as many htis as possible, come back, Go overdrive, and rub it in with golden tager lasers.

I admit I'd do that if say I was having fun for a change instead of serious play (doubt I would do ranked so whatever). but still...I can see so many people just abusing that technique

I'm surprised Terumi's 22C has wallsplat on it. That seems good for corner combos seeing as how he was able to dash in and land an attack from midscreen.

How I'm guessing Terumi's combos are gonna go is:

Midscreen

stuff > 5D > special to build like 40-50 meter lmao

stuff > 22C > super or something of a full combo

Corner

stuff > 22C into meterless combo

Corner 22C Astral connects. Bess character.

Just record it with something, anything already, we don't care about quarity atm

pls

Multiple people have already uploaded the matches and trailer to YouTube. I don't have links on me.

Arc is cool with me as long as I don't upload music or story mode. I don't support yt anymore so you guys will have to go off someone else's rips if you can't watch my archive.

I watched it when you streamed it so i'm all good lol, thanks again.

Corner stuff > 22C into meterless combo

We'd also probably see Combo > CT > Stuff.

It pays for itself with a hit or two.

While doing my Koko studies for tonight I finally noticed how godlike her 5C range is. \ o/

BU1c-zOCcAERn9u.png:large

snip

Awesome. What do you think the chances are that she'll get changed between now and when she's released? (as in hitboxes, damage values, movement speed)

I like how she is now, I don't want her to change. :kitty:

Awesome. What do you think the chances are that she'll get changed between now and when she's released? (as in hitboxes, damage values, movement speed)

I like how she is now, I don't want her to change. :kitty:

Possible, but I hope not.

For Terumi, I was thinking of using his 2 hit upwards kick move (Which I believe is 5CC) to create a sort of instant overhead set-up, depending on the start-up of his overhead air normals.

So like 5C > rapid > jA/B/C > Combo. It should work considering the first hit of 5C seems to put him airborne. I'm not sure how well you could implement a 50/50 mix-up game, since players can just always block Terumi's 5C~ high, so this (providing it works) becomes useless.

For Terumi, I was thinking of using his 2 hit upwards kick move (Which I believe is 5CC) to create a sort of instant overhead set-up, depending on the start-up of his overhead air normals.

So like 5C > rapid > jA/B/C > Combo. It should work considering the first hit of 5C seems to put him airborne. I'm not sure how well you could implement a 50/50 mix-up game, since players can just always block Terumi's 5C~ high, so this (providing it works) becomes useless.

You could just convert it to the standard low airdash/empty jump low mixup after 5C possibly.

His 5C is jump cancel-able, so you could do 5C(1)>JC>j.B or j.2D for mixups

Kokonoe astral a command grab(? seems like it was one). Punches them repeatedly very fast before kicking them into a device, summons a giant fire rock (read: HUGE AS FUCK) that falls down and destroys the stage. Kokonoe stands there arms crossed while her sleeves are blown in the wind standing on a destroyed stage, which is now cracked earth and lava. Motion is unknown to me.

The description of Kokonoe's Astral sounds like it takes bits of all the other Sector 7 characters' Astrals (Makoto's ATATATATATA, Tager's falling destruction of stage, and Azrael's reaction to said destruction).

The description of Kokonoe's Astral sounds like it takes bits of all the other Sector 7 characters' Astrals (Makoto's ATATATATATA, Tager's falling destruction of stage, and Azrael's reaction to said destruction).

That would make sense knowing that they're all Sector 7, but that means Kokonoe's astral isn't magic related? That's too bad.

If we can have Murakumo Noel, Murakumo Tsubaki, Six Heroes Terumi, and Nu back, maybe we could end up with a version of Kokonoe that only uses magic? :kitty:

If we can have Murakumo Noel, Murakumo Tsubaki, Six Heroes Terumi, and Nu back, maybe we could end up with a version of Kokonoe that only uses magic? :kitty:

Oh, and don't forget "I am the White Void!" Jin. It could happen. Though, honestly, I doubt it.