Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

BlazBlue@TGS Discussion Thread - Kagura/Terumi/Kokonoe hype time!

I'd be willing to wager Science Fiction is Kokonoe's theme, In Justice being Kagura's, and Fatal Judge being Terumi's

But Terumi's theme is already Endless Despair.

But Terumi's theme is already Endless Despair.

It's likely not. If we make an assumption that the theme that plays during Netplay preview at the TGS event is in fact Terumi's, it's definitely not ED II.

The theme near the end of this is EDII for sure.

We've heard EDII before multiple times, it's not remotely close to the theme that plays during the netplay section of that stream.

Where's that stream then?

Way back in July is where it is.

http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua/c/2555879

Very first match uses it.

Ok ok, now I'm starting to see it. Who knows though? That could be the theme for some final boss battle against Mikado

(Saya)

or something.

Who knows though? That could be the theme for some final boss battle against Mikado

(Saya)

or something.

Hence why I said "assumption," since we don't know, but we have the testimony (via twitter \o/) of a trusted community member stating Terumi had an original theme as of Terumi's earlier loketest/playtest events. So him getting EDII as a theme is not likely.

Science Fiction? Sounds like a Nightmare Fiction remix to me :v:

I am going to say, Factory has the funniest "word of wisdom" text: "A wise man never wants a weapon" Considering what it holds and who's stage it is, yeah :v:
hmm, this could be a hint at kokonoe's eventual fate in the story. her plans are crazy and vengeful, it almost seems like lose-lose for her.

hmm, this could be a hint at kokonoe's eventual fate in the story. her plans are crazy and vengeful, it almost seems like lose-lose for her.

Yet, at the same time, how else are you going to stop the villains from destroying the world? The power of hugs? Sometimes, if someone wants a fight that badly there's not much you can do about it. Kokonoe is still going to get burned though because she's motivated by revenge and is crazy.

Wow, Kagura's cross up follow up from his 6D looked really good in the Sony Demonstration. His overall play style also seemed pretty solid just as I imagined. Kokonoe too. I didn't expect Kokonoe to be able to place the beacon for her orbtial strike as fast as she does. I'm looking forward to seeing people work that into combos. ASW has done well. I"m looking forward to fighting Kagura and Kokonoe players.

That hitstun bar is a great edition to training mode. I like using it a lot in Skullgirls Training mode. Also, looks like my speculations on that challenge mode picture a few months ago turned out to be true. Now the only question left to answer about Challenge Mode is whether they're also going to do the "Do a combo that meets these conditions" Challenge 30. I hope gallery mode is as big as it seems. I love unlocking gallery pics and reading the small note from the artist that scrolls by at the bottom.

All I ask is that no unlockables (like Gallery images and the like) be tied to Challenge Mode progression. Especially not ones tied to "Clear 30 Challenges" with one character, or "Clear Every Challenge EVER" for that one missing Gallery piece. That continues to drive me nuts in P4A. The hitstun bar however is a VERY welcome addition. Just another tool to help make better players. I'm down for that.

Also, it is great to see Abyss Mode again. I like it and am glad that it is back. It gives me a chance to unwind and do things I couldn't normally do.

All I ask is that no unlockables (like Gallery images and the like) be tied to Challenge Mode progression. Especially not ones tied to "Clear 30 Challenges" with one character, or "Clear Every Challenge EVER" for that one missing Gallery piece. That continues to drive me nuts in P4A.

This right here, I am so bad at challenge mode. Doing challenges to unlock stuff sucks.

I'm actually really hype for the new online modes, and the level of customization you get on the D-cards now. (Kokonoe avatar FTW)

I only got the chance to play the one time, but Kokonoe is hella fun to use. They definitely made her worth the wait. Fireball gravity shenanigans all day, erry day.

Some random things I got a chance to scope out about the music:

1. The Six Heroes theme is called..."Six Heroes". lol

2. These other themes are in the game, but nothing definitive on where they belong: "Science Fiction", "In Justice", "Fatal Judge".

I didn't get the chance to look at all of them because I was up against some random dude and I didn't want to waste time.

My guesses:

In Justice = Hakumen vs. Izayoi

Science Fiction = Sector Seven

Fatal Judge = Ragna vs. Hakumen

You welcome. I wasn't expecting the level of matches they showed off. Glad I decided to stream it right before it started.

Da gods. That Termui VS Kokonoe match. I have reached new levels of hype I had not thought possible.

TAKE MY MONEY JUST GET THE GAME OVER TO ARMERICA NOWWWWWWW

Kokonoe looks potentially like a fun character. It'd be nice if she could end her combos with knockdown close to the opponent rather than sending him away, given that graviton thing could turn into an interesting okizeme tool.

Any chance the stream will be uploaded to YouTube for us non-stream having folk?

Multiple people have already uploaded the matches and trailer to YouTube. I don't have links on me.

Probably not, Arc has been bodying Kurushii about stuff like that. But since it's from an official "site" maybe.

Arc is cool with me as long as I don't upload music or story mode. I don't support yt anymore so you guys will have to go off someone else's rips if you can't watch my archive.