Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

BlazBlue@TGS Discussion Thread - Kagura/Terumi/Kokonoe hype time!

It's fine. I just want to make sure people can find gameplay info easily, while still giving people a chance to get hype and discuss stuff. So long as stuff gets in the right thread I don't really mind!

If a post is in the wrong place, a mod will simply move it. No harm done.

According to Jiyuna via his tweets,

His jD allows him to teleport directly to the ground (back, neutral and front).

I wonder if it is simply a teleport with recovery or if it puts you in one of the grounded drive stances. It seems like you could possibly do some nifty stuff with j.D depending on the recovery. Like you could IAD > j.D (backwards) > stuff, to bait anti airs. You might even be able to do ambiguous crossups by j.Ding over the opponent and teleporting either left or right. If there is a stance attack that comes out fast after you land this could even be a legit mixup.

I wonder does anyone know if Kagura's goes into any stance move (5D, 4D, 6D, j.D) do the corresponding A/B/C moves all make sense as a 'group'? For example we know his j.D is all teleports so that is like a teleport grouping. So im wondering if say 4D and all the moves out of it are defensive type moves maybe?

I wonder if it is simply a teleport with recovery or if it puts you in one of the grounded drive stances. It seems like you could possibly do some nifty stuff with j.D depending on the recovery. Like you could IAD > j.D (backwards) > stuff, to bait anti airs. You might even be able to do ambiguous crossups by j.Ding over the opponent and teleporting either left or right. If there is a stance attack that comes out fast after you land this could even be a legit mixup.

I thought exactly the same and I want to say that his stances switches are pretty fast. My only worry is about his teleports recovery, if they are fast enough, lets play the game!!!

I wonder does anyone know if Kagura's goes into any stance move (5D, 4D, 6D, j.D) do the corresponding A/B/C moves all make sense as a 'group'? For example we know his j.D is all teleports so that is like a teleport grouping. So im wondering if say 4D and all the moves out of it are defensive type moves maybe?

I am not totally sure, but what I can say is there is one stance where he has a command grab with a follow up and another one where he has an attack with a guard point (a move with some invincibility)

So does Kagura not have a 2D? That's kind of weird.

Do we know what type of state the stance puts him in? Is it a continuous stance hold like Serpent's Benediction, or does he just flash for a split second and you have to input the followup immediately like Nu/Lambda 214D~C?

So does Kagura not have a 2D? That's kind of weird.

Do we know what type of state the stance puts him in? Is it a continuous stance hold like Serpent's Benediction, or does he just flash for a split second and you have to input the followup immediately like Nu/Lambda 214D~C?

It is not like Serpent's Benediction, because I asked him this. Like Nu or Lambda? We don't know at this point.

19th, 1:30-1:45PM - (ASW Booth) Guilty Gear Stage Event (Speaker: Daisuke Ishiwatari)

19th, 2:30-2:45PM - (ASW Booth) BlazBlue Stage Event (Speaker: Toshimichi Mori)

Is it known what happened/was said in those events?

Can someone ask Jiyuna to test if Terumi can use his meter draining Ds in combos and see how they function?

Like, if he CAN use them, do they always drain the same amount of meter? Do they gain as much as a normal move would at that point in the combo? Are they affected by meter gain "proration", so like, if at a certain point normals would yield 1 meter, his 5D would net him 5 or 10 for example?

Do they indeed STEAL the opponent's meter, or it remains unaffected and he just builds a shitton of heat without immediately affecting the opponent?

I would ask him myself, but for some weird reason twitter suspended my account this morning. :v:

I have to say, was not much interested in Kagura before but his drive sounds really cool and definitely makes me want to at least screw around with him.

19th, 1:30-1:45PM - (ASW Booth) Guilty Gear Stage Event (Speaker: Daisuke Ishiwatari)

19th, 2:30-2:45PM - (ASW Booth) BlazBlue Stage Event (Speaker: Toshimichi Mori)

Is it known what happened/was said in those events?

At the Guilty Gear Stage event they revealed the details of the new loketest.

At the BlazBlue stage event they announced a live stage adaptation of BlazBlue (I'm not even joking).

Jesus you guys getting it all wrong. 5D/2D/6D are his ground stances. Each one goes into A/B/C, which is a different move each. 4D is only used during a stance to cancel it and go back into neutral. The only move listed for aerial on his movelist is his Ryuuou Zangaoushou, which is during a stance press 28D.

Edit: I see it was Jiyuna which got you guys confused. America for ya.

Geez I can't believe the hype I have for this game, damn these new characters. Damn flashy heat steal, damn teleport drives, damn Kokonoe.

Wish they would have waited till mid October to announce all of this. It just makes things worse because even when October gets here, we still have to wait almost a whole month before the game is even released. :arg:

Why you toy with my emotions Arc?

That's right Blade! I speld it right. :p

Hmm...With all this time left though...I wonder if they'll announce something else. Does anyone know if Arc has a history of announcing a new character or feature close to the release date of one of their games?

Hmm...With all this time left though...I wonder if they'll announce something else. Does anyone know if Arc has a history of announcing a new character or feature close to the release date of one of their games?

They tend to keep the genders pretty equal as far as the cast of characters go. So the new characters have Azrael, Kagura, and Terumi for males, and Bullet, Izayoi, and Kokonoe for the girls. Then there's Amane which is a bit more ambiguous. I'd stick him with the girls because of his low HP personally.

I don't really expect anymore characters, but then again, I never thought we'd end up with Platinum either, so there's always that.

If CS preconsole added 3 characters, then 4 afterwards, then CP might end up adding 8 new characters after it releases on console :eng101:

They can add however many they want as long as they are unique characters. That said, i'd be waiting on pins and needles for a Jubei reveal if they were releasing more characters. But, I imagine if there is more characters to come, the next will be Celica, then probably Phantom, Saya/Imperator, and then Jubei finally, unless they just sprout more completely new characters.

Ehh, I don't think i'm ever getting what I want, much like Raven in Guilty Gear.

So Terumi doesn't actually steal meter unless he's in overdrive... However, his D moves do give him a lot of meter and they don't give his opponents meter on hit or block.

So really it's not like he's stealing their meter; just their meter gain. Except in overdrive, then he's actually stealing their meter.