Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doomscyther

Louisiana Players

Im so sad, and you know y im so sad? Its so hard to find anotehr person that is good in GG in LA. I mean there is the austin crew but for me (shreveport) austin is 5hrs away. I play half the characters in GG (i started when the first one came out in ps back inthe 90s as an import). Though not till a yr ago when i went to my first Con (shiokazekon) that i met someone who played well. After witnessing the potential of the characters, (not relying on supers , RC alot more, and throwing better) I trained my self in teh art of Sol (just to prove a point that he is the easiest character of the game), Ky, Johnny(not perfect with him yet),Anji,Baiken,Testament, and little bit of Bridget and Venom. Now I might have played some of you if u been to cons last yr in huston or dallas. _____________________________________ Just hoping this thread will reach out and i can find competition. Heck if I have to i will drive to houston and knock on everyones door in this thread that lives there and play them 1-1. (Dallas would be shorter). My only flaw is im not used to arcade sticks anymore, since are only good arcade with the new and latest games all yr, was closed down 10yrs ago. (this thread is getting long). Anyway, I hope someone will accept my challange to meet up, or atleast fight at anime-matsuri con.

As far as competetive GG goes in Louisiana, the closest place you can probably get to is Baton Rouge, where a friend that I usually practice with goes to LSU and managed to convince some friends of his to play. They've gotten pretty good considering how they don't go out to tournaments, but they're lacking that oomph that I get from playing high level play sometimes. Doesn't mean I can't lose, but losing is rare unless I'm screwing around. I stay in New Orleans myself, and travel around to play quite a bit. Every once in awhile I go to Houston, and the occasional tournament somewhere in the US due to the lack of Guilty Gear players in this state. There are a few closet NO players but they don't post and are hard to get ahold of. I could see if I can trick a few of my older friends into learning the game seriously, but without them wanting to find stuff out for themselves I usually get tired of trying to get them to play and give up. You tried to post on Dragoninstall and the forum died really quick, right?

yea i did, post died before i even got there. I do know 2 people in houston who are good (still not better then me, even though cause of one of them I learned the game to a high tier).But I can only play them at cons. I have traveled to LSU for naruto tourny though so i can see my self going if they wanan seriously play. I might jsut have to do some traveling to tx though , maybe spend a weekend in houston if I could. (Driving is a bitch ugh). Only person i can play against is my brother, who i taught almost to well and can now beat me in some matches, (Should haev nvr taught him how to throw well ugh). Like all fighting games, even tekken, I would play half the characters, and he would play the other half. Only way i can usually train in a game. This community woulda been different if the Arcade was nvr lost, but oh well. I gotta start something or nothing will ever be done.

So you can travel to Houston, then? There was a big Guilty Gear scene ages ago in Houston, when they had the old arcade during the first GGXX's days. Only a few of those players play seriously now, and you have to know how to get in touch with them in order to get some games in. If you're serious about getting better at the game, I'm down if you can travel towards this direction, maybe even Baton Rouge. Or if you head out of state, let me know and I can set stuff up. Houston has had Accent Core at their Planet Zero arcade since the beginning of January, so I've been playing that, but I play a lot of Slash since there isn't much else to practice on.

I'm from West Monroe, I might go home for Texas Showdown in April. We'll have to see how well LA represents.

Texas Showdown is now Showdown Championships, and is coexisting with Anime Matsuri. I already made a thread on it in Event announcements. If you didn't know already, Showdown's tournaments this year are team tourney only. You might want to check the tourney lineup too, a lot of games aren't the normal ones. The Guilty Gear they're playing is Accent Core, so if you haven't had any real exposure while you went to Houston it'll be hard to adjust.

Hi, I know stone from another forum, but I live in Shreveport (north, near blanchard) and while I don't play GG, (I'm mainly a MVC2 player) I will learn to have someone to play in this god forsaken city, I don't know of any other fighter players in this city, so I'd gladly learn it to get some comp here. I'll play anything really, and I have all the main fighters except the imports, as I don't have a modded system (yet!). Let me know whats up!

lol parry i gave gg a rest for a while but if i ever pick it up again i will let you know or somethin. dont do drugs and if stone asks for your sisters number just remember to always say no :7)

I didnt, i was doing WoW and studying. FYI since shreveport lost its arcade front, I havent used guilty gear in arcades ever, though i have beating tourny players in console guilty gear. (people who have won tourneys before). Im going to anime-matsuri though so it will atleast get me abck to my arcade roots. thats being said, I wont be able to join the tourny cause of im out of practice with sticks. Even though i do know 4 people who are good that will show up for the con, sadly they not as good as me anymore so sadly i cant join *cry*. _____________________________________________________ Parry give me a few mins to send u a private message, show u where i live, btw i play any fighting game so im down for any. ((Been awahile since i play MvC2 seriously)

Parryperson has a whole bunch of sticks, and Anime Matsuri is in two months. When I had to practice GGXX on stick for the first time, it took me a week's worth of getting used to it, and that was with me not having my own stick and using other peoples'. You can get used to sticks again. Can't say the same about the other guys, but at least you don't have to suffer with lack of practice.

*sob*

Oh shut up Eric, we're still going to own in Arcana Hearts.

btw, I made an order for two HRAP3s, hopefully they come in on time to play some random EFZ. I also have to figure out what color buttons I want. >_>

hot DAMN you serious about them hrap3s do i owe you money now or what ps get hot pink buttons for both

hot DAMN you serious about them hrap3s

do i owe you money now or what

ps get hot pink buttons for both

I didn't say one of the hraps were for you. >_> Sorry. Maybe if you get me your sister's number?

Hot pink is kinda overdone, man. You wouldn't believe how popular that shit is in Houston.

yeah i figured, but NOTICE i never said one of them were for me :7) and if hot pink is too popular then just get ... blue or something i dunno

probaly the only think i will really need to pactice iwth is use perfect D and RFC on sticks. Btw I cant wait to play arcana hearts, yet another game i will make people cry in! NAruto Taisen EX will be the same!

Oh how i miss my home LA. I used to live in Bossier City myself most of my family still lives near Alexandria, so if i ever get to chance to visit i would like to try and play some of you guys...I think i owe Stone a rematch from last years team tourney at fr9 Hope to see you guys at FRX!!! Somebody other then Mr.KenMastersX needs to rep LA hard. and i approve this message *SDV*

Btw I cant wait to play arcana hearts, yet another game i will make people cry in!

WHATEVER GUY

cool to see more LA peeps interested in this game though!