Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

InWithTheAshes

Dengeki FIGHTING CLIMAX: Announced at TGS.

Can anyone give accurate translations for the game mechanics ?

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/728/728197/index-2.html#eid728229

Until we somebody with actual Japanese knowledge notices, heres what I can see from google translate:

3 buttons (A, B, C) for moves, with one (S) for support actions.

A + B or any special that has A + B as it's button input is something called an "Impact Skill", which is a special with guardpoint that can be used as a reversal.

The icons seen above the meter are called "Blitz Icons", and have a maximum stock of two, with both available at the match's starts and being restored by one every round. They can be used via either B + C, a "Blitz Attack" (basically a reversal super), or A + B + C, "Blitz Mode" (It's rather unclear on this, says something about combos so maybe it's like HD mode or something of that variety).

There is a feature called "Potential" where Character's have certain skills that become available when a requirement is satisfied, may be a comeback mechanic (;_; ) .

The assist cancels and their meter cost seen in the stream clip were included.

Meter has five maximum stocks, EX special moves cost one, supers cost two, and pushblock detracts from it.

There is an auto combo like P4A, although apparently it doesn't use unique attacks as the second and third sections, just B move > C move.

There was no mention of airdashes in the movement options: They weren't seen in the stream footage either.

Only the Characters currently revealed are intended to be playable in tomorrow's event.

While the article doesn't appear to tell you this, it's almost definite from one of the screenshots that there is a burst system. Kirino's "BLAST OK" icon flashed when she used it, so that probably represents it's availability.

There's something called "Extended Action", but GT's explanation of it isn't coherent enough to take much information from it.

Here are a portion of images posted on Anime Suki of the event space showing (albeit slightly) the cabinets. Also, since people are, as shown there, playing the game as of now, we can expect information to be shown in BBS ect. as of now

Touma's support only

Fukou da...

Surprised to actually see Kirino playable: this means that everyone can become a potential character, even characters from Denpa Onna and such (and things are going to get real ugly when SoL and chuuni-action meet). Too bad that there are only four characters, but I suppose they just couldn't develop too many of them in such short time.

As for the translations, I'll just list the corrections to the Google translations listed above (they're mostly correct):

- Impact Skills are done by pressing 5AB or 2AB and can be used in combos like any other special;

- Blitz Marks are actually Dengeki Marks (since they're shaped like the Dengeki Bunko logo, duh);

- Blast Mode is activated by pressing ABC and having the "Blast OK" mark (has nothing to do with Dengeki Marks). You can use it to burst out of combos, strengthen your own combos, or use it as a combo extender, similar to P4U's One More Burst;

- Extended Action changes some moves if you hold the button instead of just pressing it;

- Potential has different activation conditions depending on the character, the comeback condition ("Attack gets higher when your health is low") is just one of the examples;

- The meter (called Climax Gauge) is accumulated by attacking, blocking, walking and by itself over time;

- EX specials are performed with the S button;

- Each character has two supers (Climax Arts);

- Pushblock (Reflection Guard) is performed by pressing any button while blocking;

- Auto-combo (Quick Combination) route is A > B > C > Impack Attack > EX special (if you have the meter).

Also, some more info on Assists that haven't been translated yet:

- The Assists can be chosen freely, they do not depend on the character you play as;

- All Assists have different cooldowns, though they usually take about 4-5 seconds to use again, so you'll be able to use them freely;

- You can use Assists to cancel your attacks at the cost of a single bar of Climax gauge. The sample combo given is A > B > C > S > Special > (Assist hits) > Air combo.

- Potential has different activation conditions depending on the character, the comeback condition ("Attack gets higher when your health is low") is just one of the examples;

They putting Valkyria Chronicles mechanics in this game too? Haha

Really looking forward to seeing this in action though.

Fukou da...

As for the translations, I'll just list the corrections to the Google translations listed above (they're mostly correct):

- Blast Mode is activated by pressing ABC and having the "Blast OK" mark (has nothing to do with Dengeki Marks). You can use it to burst out of combos, strengthen your own combos, or use it as a combo extender, similar to P4U's One More Burst;

- Extended Action changes some moves if you hold the button instead of just pressing it;

- The meter (called Climax Gauge) is accumulated by attacking, blocking, walking and by itself over time;

- EX specials are performed with the S button;

- Each character has two supers (Climax Arts);

- Pushblock (Reflection Guard) is performed by pressing any button while blocking;

- Auto-combo (Quick Combination) route is A > B > C > Impack Attack > EX special (if you have the meter).

Also, some more info on Assists that haven't been translated yet:

- The Assists can be chosen freely, they do not depend on the character you play as;

- All Assists have different cooldowns, though they usually take about 4-5 seconds to use again, so you'll be able to use them freely;

- You can use Assists to cancel your attacks at the cost of a single bar of Climax gauge. The sample combo given is A > B > C > S > Special > (Assist hits) > Air combo.

So you can burst in this game, sweet. And you can use them to extend and strengthen combos so that's great to hear. Each character gets 2 supers so that's plus since it gives more options in terms of which super is viable in any situation; I like more options. I hope they'll add IK's in the near future.

It hasn't been talked about but in the latest screenshots we see Lyfa doing a different attack than the one we saw in the TGS video, so it seems we can expect at least two moves per assist.

I'm really impressed with how this game is coming along. It's like some hybrid of VP and P4A.

My only disappointment so far is that it looks like there will only be one duo from Railgun/Index. I was hoping for a Kuroko teleport assist.

EDIT: Those of you familiar with Index, Touma's using his left hand on the screenshot he's in. So if he's on Player 2's side and you call him up, he's pretty much useless LOL (joking, joking)

Sure, it'd be bad for gameplay, but that would be hilarious.

I can imagine in a game like this, the roster would be a deal breaker for me, though Kirino serves as a good punching bag (just my opinion) I need to see what other characters they decide to add are.

Shizuo (Durarara) and Kuroyukihime (Accel World) are also playable.

Loketest from the 11th to the 13th at Sega Akihabara Building 1 and Club Sega Shinjuku West Entrance. All 6 currently revealed playable characters will be at the loketest.

Oh boy, playable males! Hooray!

They also say that they've already confirmed a console port, though the exact dates and the platform is yet to be decided.

And there is going to be a loketest with all six characters revealed so far from October 11th to 13th, so brace for more footage and feedback!

EDIT: Ninja'd and all that jazz.

Watching the videos I realised just how similar the sound effects the game has to Under Night In-birth, maybe its the proto-type sound effects but I can't stop hearing Under Night In-birth during the combat in the trailers.

So I updated the fisrt post:

Information Documents:

This is a group of pastebins to accumulate whatever information we have of the game. As of now, it only consists of basic system information and scraps from BBS/Twitter, but after release, edit anything helpful you find from match videos or other information sources - tech, top players impressions of Characters and match ups, ect. - and, on console release, things you discover from playing yourself if you decide to import it (because I honestly doubt it's getting a western localization) into the respective pastebins and post the edit of said pastebin here, and I'll take out the version here and update it with the new variation (or just post/link the added contents here and I'll put them on the page ). There'll be a pastebin for general information (system, loketest/release dates, ect.), one for every Character (summaries, combos and other tech, matchups, assist reccommendations, tips and tricks) and one for every support (summaries again, useful tidbits, Character reccomendations).

This game actually looks like it could be really fun while also being a well made fighting game. If I do happen to still have that opinion at console release, I would be absolutely willing to put some time into it promoting and gathering information for it. Of course I doubt it's ever really going to get a large scene in the west, and especially not in the U.K., but if it's enjoyable enough

and has Kino

I will try to allow it some life.

it's possible they are just using them as placeholders until they come up with new ones. Or they just like them so they decided to use them again

It's getting harder to ignore that Frenchbread developed this game. The sound effects are straight up from UNIB.

Ditto. Also, I could have sworn that I just saw Kirino pull off an Assault dash from Under Night.