Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

InWithTheAshes

Dengeki FIGHTING CLIMAX: Announced at TGS.

According to Setsuna's Twitter, yes: Specifically, here. Will probably start in around an hour or so I think.

Edit: A demonstration of the game is being shown now.

Edit: According to Xie, Taiga has been confirmed to appear, without knowledge as to her being support or entirely playable.

I braved some Google Translate Adventures on this tweet and it seems to say that supports now have twi attacks per action. Could anybody confirm that to be correct?

I'm super bummed that the only character who exhibits the playstyle I like is that asshat Kirito. The only characters I really like fall into the two gameplay categories I dislike the most (Misaka as a zoner and Shizuo as a grappler). Here's hoping for a few new characters that fit the bill for me.

Tomoka info from here:

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/802/802328/

- 214 A/B/C

-Passes the ball. A is to Hinata. B is to Saki and C is to Maho.

-B and C have additional follow-up where the ball is tossed to Airi.

-While the ball is on the move, Tomoka can do others moves.

-Down the opponent from 2C, cancel to B pass and the ball goes to Saki (hit freezes), and then the frozen goal falls from the sky and Tomoka can already move then...

- Idea for the move came from Saki's nickname "Ice Age"

- Hinata does a dribble and follows with a reverse shot. Slow start-up. Causes bounce on hit. Very useful.

- Maho throws a ball which then explodes like fireworks. Based on her nickname "Fireworks"

- When you do the follow-up after Saki or Maho, balls falls off the goal and Airi picks it up. She the slams rebounded ball back to the goal. Rainbow effect is shown after successfully hitting with it. Comes from her nickname "Prismatic Bud"

- EX version is where the opponent is turned into a ball and Maho throws them back to Tomoka. You can follow-up it to air combo. Very convenient move, good to restrain the opponent and as a combo part.

- 236 A/B/C "One-hand Shoot Jump" Tomoka's classic jump shoot where she throws a projectile. Ball has a big hitbox and stays active for long, but the move has slow start-up.

- Tomoka also has moves based on Japanese dance and tea ceremonies (which are Tomoka's specialties)

- Crouch Impact Skill is called "Japanese Dance Repertoire: Anti-air" and in it Tomoka moves forward while spinning both her arms.

-Attacks with umbrella on her j.C

- Normal Impact Skill "Steal" is also very powerful. Dribbles towards the opponent, turns them into ball and starts to dribble where she's standing. Does a ground pass after a bit of waiting, but if you press the button Tomoka takes a stand and jumps. Press the button when she is on top height. If the timing is right, Tomoka gets wings on her back and more damage is dealt. If you miss the timing, you can go for the same Airi follow-up.

Climax Arts "RO-KYU-BU!" rushes towards the opponent, rest of the move trigger only on hit. Everyone does their move and finally text Ro-kyu-bu appears on the screen as everyone is posing. Based on the poses from the seiyuu's choreograph when singing the opening theme...

-"Feels great to finish the opponent with this move (lol)"

- Her other Climax Arts is "Shiny Gift" rushes to the opponent, dribbles with them as a ball then shoots them to goal. Combo this from her normal Impact Skill.

Rest coming later...

Kirito:

Horizontal Square (236 A/B/C)

- Very quick slash with his sword

Follow-up "Meteor Break"

-Appear behind the opponen either ground or air, and slashes the opponent.

Spinning Shield (214 A/B/C)

- Spins his swords and destroys projectiles.

Cyclone Strike (j. 236 A/B/C)

- Falls down from the sky while slashing the opponent.

- His neutral game very similar to the Asuna.

- He's simple character who rushes towards the opponent swings a sword.

- Climax Arts is a ranbu-move "Starburst Stream"

- Other Climax Arts is "The Eclipse" where he shoots huge shockwaves multiple times.

- Both of those are very simple to use, so you can aggressively spend his meter.

- Transforms to much more technical character when you activate his Trump Card, "Dual Wielding"

- During this mode, you can combo his specials like Horizontal> Spinning>Cyclone

- "Dual Wielding" is one of the Trump Cards with longer duration, so you can deal huge damage during it.

- You can also make combos where you activate Trump Card during the combo.

- "It's probably the most awesome aspect in his gameplay."

- You can build quite long combos like "Normal>Special>Trump Card>New Combo>Support"

Support System:

- Now two moves per support character (Neutral and Forward)

- Both moves have different recovery times, so think carefully which to use...

- Touma now has Imagine Breaker and another move where jumps to the opponent and punches them to stomach.

Innocent Charm:

- Counter-type move where shining aura appears around her. On hit, it nullifies the opponents move and then forces them to guard.

- Flies in arc-shaped trajectory wrapped in shining aura, forces the opponent to guard on hit.

Kaga Koko:

- Shoots a heart which reduces the opponents Climax gauge on hit.

- Walks towards the opponent and then slams them with bouquet. Opponent flies upwards from the hit, so you can continue the combo.

Kino:

- Shoots horizontally. Fast start-up, bullet moves fast, fast recovery. Low damage.

- Charges a little and then shoots diagonally. Slow start-up and causes bounce on hit.

Shiina Mashiro:

- She rolls Baum-kuchens over the screen. Big and small ones with different hitboxes. Causes really long block-stun.

- Summons multiple cats to run across the screen. Each has its own hitbox.

- Both have slow start-up and are used to gain block stun.

Touwa Erio:

- Wrapped in futon, she runs and then jumps to slide across the screen.

- Wrapped in futon, she swing around the stage and nullifies all the opponent attacks she makes contact with.

According to Xie, Taiga has been confirmed to appear, without knowledge as to her being support or entirely playable.

lol, where was this mentioned... Only things mentioned during the stream was that:

- Game will launch with the characters currently revealed.

- Stage of Mikoto VS Tomoka battle is from the game "7th Dragon"

- Pai from Virtua Fighter is confirmed as Akira's Support character.

Official site updated. Playable character's move sets now viewable!

- Game will launch with the characters currently revealed.

LOVE IS OVER

Hope they add more characters, and fast.

Yeah, that's a given, but I'm more irked about my favorite series getting no representation at all.

lol, where was this mentioned...

I dunno, ask Xie :v .

Thanks for the translations by the way, updating first post with them now.

>Kino

>low damage

what, I need to see this.

Sounds like she'll be able to make some fun set-ups happen with the cast, but she's not soundin' too great.

I dunno, ask Xie :v .

Maybe I really should >_>

Anyone got the stream fully recorded since I'd like to listen the whole talk again?

I mean... the producer said it twice that the current roster is final. Why would he then suddenly bring it up that Taiga is coming?

Not to mention that jBBS, Japanese Twitter-users or any gaming sites have not reported about this "Taiga announcement". So I'd say this something Xie misheard during the stream...

Kurushii posted a copy of the stream earlier, although I'm not sure if it's the entirety of it. Although, if nobody in JP is talking about it, it's probable that it was indeed a mistake on his part: I'll ask Xie on Twitter if he's entirely sure.

Edit: Xie informed me that he isn't certain about the Taiga confirmation, and he intends to rewatch the stream and verify what he heard.

I only provided the matches. Unless someone agrees to translating the entire thing then i'm not going to bother to upload it.

Can't we, like, just watch it if we missed it? I might post the key points that weren't mentioned yet, but I'm not a fan of this "All or nothing" approach.

Can't we, like, just watch it if we missed it? I might post the key points that weren't mentioned yet, but I'm not a fan of this "All or nothing" approach.

It was a nico stream. Unless you timeshifted it you can't go back and watch. It'll take me time to edit, render, and upload it somewhere.

If it helps anybody, although probably not as helpful as an actual copy of the stream, there has been an article posted on DGO that appears to be a summary of the event, although not knowing Japanese I'm not entirely sure, and if it is it's obviously shortened quite an amount.