Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

InWithTheAshes

Dengeki FIGHTING CLIMAX: Announced at TGS.

there has been an article posted on DGO that appears to be a summary of the event.

This article is a summary of today's event. We'd need a summary of yesterday's article.

"Instrumental version of game's opening theme always plays on the final round"

Umm... okay? Anyways, this article confirmed to me that I didn't just mishear some stuff yesterday... Music used in the latest trailer is the instrumental version the game's theme song. Actual theme song is sung by Mie Sonozaki.

Also, Naofumi Hataya has apparently composed the song for NiGHTS stage. Could we get other remixes from each game's original composers...?

Edit: Some new cam footage on Youtube.

I think you should also add the Potential conditions to that list, too.

It was a nico stream. Unless you timeshifted it you can't go back and watch. It'll take me time to edit, render, and upload it somewhere.

I know, which is why "I won't upload it unless someone translates it" sounded weird to me. After all, I might want to watch it even if I don't have the time to translate all of it.

I think you should also add the Potential conditions to that list, too.

I don't really see the point since the conditions are same for each character.

"When your health drops below 1/3rd, your damage will be boosted by 20% for the next 20 seconds. Also other effects."

hum...normals with extend action means charged version (BE) ?
Yes and no... They aren't necessarely your typical charged normals. They are moves where you can hold down the button for special action. At least Shizuo's (?) stuff throwing special move keeps throwing new stuff again and again as long as you hold down the button.

I don't really see the point since the conditions are same for each character.

"When your health drops below 1/3rd, your damage will be boosted by 20% for the next 20 seconds. Also other effects."

Oh. Didn't check the pages and thought that they're actually different (I do think one of the earlier articles said the effects and conditions are going to be different for all characters). This "Other effects" sounds suspicious, but we'll have to leave it as it is for now.

At least within the first loketest, while they may not have been different for all Characters, potential was at least available throughout other methods: For example, I remember Misaka throwing Kuroyuki, then gaining a potential bonus after doing so. I'm not sure if something similar happened during the most recent demonstrations, but I'll look through the footage we have of them to verify if they did. Also, seeing as we now have more recent information, I'll probably take the first loketest notes out of their sections and replace them with the moveset lists. Does anybody want me to keep said notes in a separate section, for any reason?

This game's roster kills my hype so hard. It's going to be nothing but Shizuo mirrors around my local group, except for one person who wants to play Shana. Railgun's the only other character I'd consider playing. Freaking Kirito being playable (when we already had Asuna) gets me angry. All the swordfighting characters seem somewhat homogeneous in style to me too.

The worst part is that the support roster has so many characters I'd love to be playable.

I probably won't buy the game myself if nothing changes. It's disappointing given how interested I was in this project at first.

I just to want see Akira already, I know he's a boss but it's bugging me to see how he would translate to such an animu fighter. You know it's sad when a boss character is one's only reason to care about a game.

I have to agree, this is still looking like a total snoozefest aside from Shizuo. Sucks that it's probably the biggest thing holding back a console port of UNIB.

A fighting game based solely off the Baccano universe would have been a better idea. There could be immortal absorption fatalities.

So, this game's roster is pretty disappointing. I'd much rather the current playable characters and current assists be reversed for the most part, and the only real playable characters I care about here are Shana and Kirito (and I really didn't want to care about Kirito actually, but he looks fun).

UNIB should have come before this, now I have to wait longer for UNIB, and i'm worried that Blade Arcus is from them too, so even longer UNIB.

I'm not sure that the same people are working on the brand-new games like Dengeki and Blade Arcus and on the console port of old games like UNiB, even if they belong to the same company. It's not like there is anything for the gameplay designers to do for the port other than potential new characters and/or balance tweaks.

A fighting game based solely off the Baccano universe would have been a better idea. There could be immortal absorption fatalities.

Frankly speaking, even a Shana-exclusive fighting game would've been great, not to mention other great franchises that belong to Dengeki.

Index series would have probably been a great candidate for a fighting game but I think there was already one (despite not being 2D).

Anyways, story mode arcade footage has been shown on the stream, but the game ends before you can even fight Akira. The story mode sprites are super cool though! Looks like they used some sort of 3D technique to animate the 2D story mode art.

As perturbed as I am by Kino being assist, I would go against the grain and say I'm honestly somewhat satisfied with the roster. People seem less "homogenous" and more "simple" , and I'm looking forward to the resource mechanics and support customization. I'll agree there is some wasted potential (as before, Kino ;_; ), but overall I think the roster's relatively effective.

I don't like that the opening is always played in the last round. Other than that the game looks quite fun. I'll probably stick with Misaka or Shana.

Blade Arcus is most likely not from French Bread. The game is in a completely different style and seems to use prerendered 3D sprites like Koihime Musou.

This game is so weird.

Yeah, between this and Blade Arcus, it seems like Sega is really flailing about within the fighting genre and doesn't know what to do with it anymore. I wish they'd hurry up and make Virtua Fighter 6 already. It's going to suck if there's a new console generation that goes without a VF.

Pretty sure the idea of this game came from Dengeki, not from Sega: they just happened to be the developer they picked for the job. I suppose they could've refused the offer, but who would ever refuse from getting some easy money?

I wasn't overly interested in this game at first but I figured I should give it a fair chance and see how it develops, but sadly my opinion hasn't changed. The playable cast looks really boring so far, and a terrible character like Kirito being playable is an offense to all of the other characters that could have been added that aren't nearly as shit. I was somewhat interested in Shizuo at first but he is clearly not a real fighter and just a punk that tosses shit from his pocket kitchen at people.

This is from a guy that hasn't really bothered with most of the franchises added but overall this game looks rather disappointing for the most part.

It doesn't have eh variety of under night, it does look rather bland, but then again French Bread's engine isn't Arc System Work's

To be fair, I already had a very fine candidate for main (Shana) from the initial announcement and am satisfied with having only one choice for playable be accepted: Therefore, I wasn't constantly waiting for the roster to gain a Character I would really like to play, unlike a lot of people. I would also criticise the information release portions of their business plan: During the earlier stages of pre - release, the team was unusually open concerning their work (most notably streaming an entire loketest), with some large information being released every few weeks or so. Then some period of time ocured without any information on new playables whatsoever, and the only Character announcements being a small selection of supports (which were accompanied with the nigh - inevitable statements of "but I was hoping for them to be playable!" without any actual playables to sate this), and when new playables information was finally released, there only being two after such a long time (including one owning a rather large hatedom), it wasn't enough to satisfy for some. Although perhaps expectations were too large: French Bread are a relatively small studio, and they would also be expending resources upon UNiB at this time. In fact, the larger amount of supports could indeed be compensation for having this little an amount of playable Characters on initial release. Still, I shall reaffirm I am interested in the game and don't consider the roster to be disappointing (despite Kino assist ;_; ), and will stay that way at least until we gain some competent footage of the game outside of an outdated loketest and deem it not worth my time.

I was somewhat interested in Shizuo at first but he is clearly not a real fighter and just a punk that tosses shit from his pocket kitchen at people.

...I'm not entirely sure how you came to this conclusion. What exactly do you mean by "real fighter"? Somebody that plays really up close rather than zones a lot (although from the footage I've seen, Shizuo is basically a middle point between these: Great projectile, but with solid albeit slow normals that work well in close, although again we don't have any high - level footage as of now, so he may turn out to be either one)?

The variety of character systems is definitely one thing I felt lacking with this game during my time with it. (Disclaimer: x hours on first loctest's weekend)

On one hand, it means that even the "bad" characters don't have too severe a crippling illness (hi Aquapazza) against the good characters.

On the other hand, it's basically because everyone is pretty generic.

Like I can already have a good guess of how Kirito plays because they showed his AB (your most important move in this game) and his character special (dual wield)