Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

InWithTheAshes

Dengeki FIGHTING CLIMAX: Announced at TGS.

But Shizuo is a badass. He throws washing machines and streetlights like they weigh nothing. Can't get more real than that.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Hopefully Asuna and Shana end up being real nice in here. At first I wanted to use Mikoto but not anymore.

If Akira and Pai don't have playable, competition-legal versions, my interest in this game will be almost completely shot.

Note that Pai is an assist character.

They also seem to have started a series of articles covering all playable characters in greater depth, though I don't know if there is anything new to say about them by now.

Shana:

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/812/812490/

Kirito:

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/812/812498/

Some notes from the Dengeki articles

Shana

- The appeal in Shana's playstyle is her aerial dash "Hishou" and many powerful aerial moves she can use to approach the opponent

- Projectile move "Hien" and the use of A moves after dashing are good ways to put some pressure

- If you're really far away from the opponent, you can also use C version of "Guren no Oodachi" which has a wide hitbox

- If it gets blocked you can cancel to EX "Hien" to cover the long recovery of the move.

- You can also just use Support Character to cancel the recovery

- If your opponent doesn't jump much, you can also try using 5C and cancelling it to her Impact Skill "Gouka"

- Use "Gouka" also when you're being pressured. All of the Impact Skills have invincibility, so just be careful the opponent doesn't evade your Impact Skill with theirs.

- Climax Arts "Kessen Ougi" has a long invincibility and a fast start-up. You can use it as a reversal, but it leaves you wide open if it gets guarded, so only use it at a critical moment.

- Her Trump Card "Shinpan" forces her back into her neutral state.

- "Shinpan" stops time and has some invincibility so there are various ways to use it.

Kirito

- j.C is a good to move to attack your opponent from the air since its hitbox is mostly below Kirito. You can also use it for cross-ups

- j.C usually loses in air-to-air, so instead you might want to use j.A or j.B in air-to-air

- Dashing and then using crouching moves is a good way to approach the opponent on the ground.

- You can also use 5C when approaching the opponent, because it has a long reach. 5C has a long recovery so you might want to cancel it with a Support Character.

- Most of Kirito's specials are easy to punish on block, so canceling a blocked normal to a special isn't too smart.

- Spinning Shield is dash canceable, so can pursue the opponent immediately after nullifying their projectile with Spinning Shield.

- Vorpal Strike and 5C have the longest reach of Kirito's moves

- The Eclipse has long invincibility. It works as a reversal just like his Impact Skill does. It leaves you wide open if guarded or dodged with a backstep

- Using a Power-up Blast while the "Dual Wielding" is active makes it last a bit longer.

- After the activation of a Trump Card for a short period "Cancel Support" doesn't consume Support Gauge. So remember to take advantage of free use of "Cancel Support" while building combos with "Dual Wielding"

Shana basically has the only invulnerable Roman Cancel in the game as her trump.

It means she can cancel her AB/2AB DPs on block, meterless combo extend, dash forward pause the game punish like UniB, wake up reversal with it, combo super into another super, etc.

Kirito has more or less the same thing with dual weild except he can't do it on block or after EX/Supers I believe, so no RCed DPs.

He can combo into it though and he does a ton of damage and improves his normals while giving him free cancel assists, also it has startup invul just like Shana's so he can do dash up invulnerable Trump Card counter poke nonsense as well.

Was watching the Amusement Park stream, and this game actually looks really fun. Even with 8 characters, I feel like I'd already have a character crisis. Too many characters I'd wanna play. :V  Thanks for the uploads guys.

So, what's the one true tag for finding vids on nico? 電撃, 電撃文庫, FIGHTING CLIMAX, 電撃FC? I'd go for 電撃, but no matter what there's more videos on youtube then nico, so I guess I'm doing something wrong...

電撃FC. But keep in mind there's a lot of videos from beta tests in youtube and some videos from streams (like http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/profile/pastBroadcasts or http://www.twitch.tv/llakb/profile/pastBroadcasts) that haven't been reuploaded to nico and may have been reuploaded to youtube. 

Right now, as it's in the first days, people would take the work to reupload things from nico to youtube in the same day. The problem lies after some months...

Some day three shaky cam Asuna combos, which shows her shooting star being even more like wolf cannons by crossing up during them, and having a loop within the corner.

Edit: And here would be a Tomoka one, and another video which seems to showcase safe jumps/option selects against Asuna's defensive options (although I'm not entirely sure how said option selects would work, I may look through the command lists again and ask Xie). This time they seemingly take footage from matches and therefore are within higher quality.