Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

InWithTheAshes

Dengeki FIGHTING CLIMAX: Announced at TGS.

Poor wording on my part, by "never indicated it was a versus" I meant nobody ever indicated that Sega Characters would be included, and that if they intended to include properties from such a major company, they would have publicised that at first along with the Dengeki elements, rather than make an entire loketest with only Dengeki Characters.

Also, according to SoWL and a few articles from English sites, Google Translate Adventures have proved accurate and shall embark on more journeys another day~

So do we have any kind of release date for this yet, or have I missed it and am thus stupid. Cause I feel like before the Akira announcement we haven't really had any kind of big news from this other than "it's coming out, here are a few characters."

actually...isn't this game supposed to be a sega vs dengeki? If this is the first of other characters of sega side, they won't be out of place at all. Plus, i can imagine he like aof3 chars completely.

Already said this but was buried way back early in the thread, but the Dengeki VS Sega is the name of the collaboration project which has stuff outside of this game. So it was never a guarantee that Sega characters were going to be in because of that name. At best I was expecting maybe a sega character or two, but the name wasn't indicating that it'd be half the roster or anything.

It actually is confirmed for console, it's just that nobody seems to be sure of the console/time.

Also, two new blog posts, one of them seeming relatively lengthy considering the size of the others. Google Translate is nigh - incomprehensible this time (something about a new guy writing for the blog? Maybe?) so I'll just allow SoWL/SXB/whoever else can read Japanese to decode it if they want.

The only important thing I can deduce from those posts is that the game system has been revamped to some extent.

I wonder whether they're going to tell us anything about it before the loketest. Some surprise characters, perhaps?..

seems that this game started to implement card system during this loketest

website for it is up: http://sp.cliapm.info/index.php

[data might possibly be cleared after the loketest but I'm unsure]

A Kuroyukihime player is topping the rankings right now,

and the lowest character usage so far goes to: surprise surprise: Kirino!!

An article that covers the loketest changes:

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/776/776668/

- No new playables after all.

- Maou gets a power-up if you use him a certain number of times (the exact number is not specified). After the power-up, he deals about as much damage as Climax Arts (a super).

- Boogiepop can be blocked with an aerial block. You can follow up his attack with a combo.

- Holo hops before placing the wheat field, hitting the enemy for miniscule damage. It can probably be used as a ghetto anti-air. She doesn't recover that much health, but her short cooldown lets her do it quite often, especially if you're playing a zoner.

- New gameplay mechanic #1: Impact Break (4AB). A universal overhead that has a single hit of super-armor and can be followed up with an aerial combo if you press A, B or C. Does this remind you of anything?

- New gameplay mechanic #2: Quick Forward (19). Basically, a forward high jump. The trajectory differs a lot between characters: for instance, Shana's is a bit lower than her normal jump. It can't be jump-canceled into, but you can still do a double-jump or an air dash after it.

- New gameplay mechanic #3: Mid-Climax Arts Trump Card (A+C during Climax Arts, up to 2 times). Powers up your super by consuming the Dengeki marks. It feels like it gets about 30% stronger after you consume both... Which is still enough for Shana to deal 70% of Shizuo's health with her Potential activated.

- Dengeki marks now only recover for the character who lost the previous round.

- Dashing towards the opponent now recovers more Climax Gauge.

- The cooldown of Blast is now displayed in percents.

- EX specials and Trump Cards now have different inputs to avoid accidental activation.

- Landing some attacks now causes surprised animation for the opponent (probably something akin to BB's exclamation marks that denote a low or overhead hit).

- Shana's j.C now has an Extend Action (you can hold the button to perform a slower, but more powerful attack).

- Shana's "Hien" special (the spinning overhead) no longer knocks down.

- KYH's Death By Flashing (the dash) now has follow-ups. A and B makes her teleport into the air and perform an additional attack, while C is a feint that still teleports her and lets her perform a different aerial attack.

- Misaka's Magnetic Move (the hover stance) now feels much more comfortable to use.

- There are more changes that are not covered in this article!

An article that covers the loketest changes:

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/776/776668/

- Holo hops before placing the wheat field, hitting the enemy for miniscule damage. It can probably be used as a ghetto anti-air. She doesn't recover that much health, but her short cooldown lets her do it quite often, especially if you're playing a zoner.

Oh god damn it... I wanted her playable if anything.

- New gameplay mechanic #1: Impact Break (4AB). A universal overhead that has a single hit of super-armor and can be followed up with an aerial combo if you press A, B or C. Does this remind you of anything?

*looks to P4A* Nope, that is not familiar at all. Completely original... yeper....

Ok, I am guessing that FB is really just coders for hire on this project. A direct crib of AOA seems a little off, even for them.

- New gameplay mechanic #2: Quick Forward (16). Basically, a forward high jump. The trajectory differs a lot between characters: for instance, Shana's is a bit lower than her normal jump. It can't be jump-canceled into, but you can still do a double-jump or an air dash after it.

You sure that isn't 19 input?

Fucking finally, might as well just call this tension... that is what it is.

- Landing some attacks now causes surprised animation for the opponent (probably something akin to BB's exclamation marks that denote a low or overhead hit).

You know, I wonder how that plays out in game play.

- There are more changes that are not covered in this article!

So, the big question continues to be... when do we get any new playable characters and change that afoul music?

You sure that isn't 19 input?

Um, yeah, it is, my bad.

Thanks for the info as always, SoWL.

- New gameplay mechanic #2: Quick Forward (19). Basically, a forward high jump. The trajectory differs a lot between characters: for instance, Shana's is a bit lower than her normal jump. It can't be jump-canceled into, but you can still do a double-jump or an air dash after it.

- New gameplay mechanic #3: Mid-Climax Arts Trump Card (A+C during Climax Arts, up to 2 times). Powers up your super by consuming the Dengeki marks. It feels like it gets about 30% stronger after you consume both... Which is still enough for Shana to deal 70% of Shizuo's health with her Potential activated.

- Dengeki marks now only recover for the character who lost the previous round.

Most of the above changes have a mixture of BB/GG/Melty-sounding mechanics between them. Burning a tertiary resource to power up Supers, though, is interesting.

*looks to P4A* Nope, that is not familiar at all. Completely original... yeper....

Ok, I am guessing that FB is really just coders for hire on this project. A direct crib of AOA seems a little off, even for them.

Being totally fair, AoAs have guard point, not Super Armor, from 'x' frames to 'x' frames. A single hit of Super Armor in this case makes it more like an amalgam AoA + Focus Attack from the description.

Looking forward to another influx of loketest videos for this! I have little to no investment in the series covered so far, but I could say the same for P4A. Definitely curious to see how this develops.

AOAish things make me sad. Although the super powerup seems an acceptable addition: At the least, it assists the focus on resource management the game has displayed previously.]

And gratitude to SoWL for translating things, it's been added to the pastebins.

Thanks for the info as always, SoWL.

Most of the above changes have a mixture of BB/GG/Melty-sounding mechanics between them. Burning a tertiary resource to power up Supers, though, is interesting.

Being totally fair, AoAs have guard point, not Super Armor, from 'x' frames to 'x' frames. A single hit of Super Armor in this case makes it more like an amalgam AoA + Focus Attack from the description.

On reflection, you have a point... Which is interesting, but we'll have to see.

Looking forward to another influx of loketest videos for this! I have little to no investment in the series covered so far, but I could say the same for P4A. Definitely curious to see how this develops.

Agreed...

soooo, i take it there is no stream this time?

Looks like it. Last stream's loketest took place somewhere different than where the current loketest is being held. I highly doubt there's another one out there streaming it.

Looks like it. Last stream's loketest took place somewhere different than where the current loketest is being held. I highly doubt there's another one out there streaming it.

thats too bad. welp, lets look forward to the next test, and hopefully with a stream next time.

If the game is going to be released in March, I guess we're going to end up with a really small roster. That's disappointing, given all that they had to pull from.

i wouldn't make any assumption. 2-3 months ago it wasn't even public that the game was in development. But it was never likely for it to have kof/mahvel number of playable characters at launch.