Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

InWithTheAshes

Dengeki FIGHTING CLIMAX: Announced at TGS.

Surprised that nobody has posted this already since I was late, but here's an article displaying the differing pallets for the currently announced Characters. The shots of Kirino are taken in a stage that's almost definitely Green Hill Zone if anybody would like to know (has the stage been seen before? I'm not utterly sure).

Edit: Late enough to be ninja'd :v:

I am sorry to say this but being released around the same time as Xrd is a total suicide!

That's because both games are using the same Arcade Cab

I am sorry to say this but being released around the same time as Xrd is a total suicide!

That's because both games are using the same Arcade Cab

Do the arcades buy the cabinets instead of games or something? Because them being on the same cabinet doesn't seem to make any difference to me.

EDIT: Reading the Xrd thread, that sounds to be exactly the case. Ohkay, yeah, that's going to hurt. They should try and release the console version before Xrd, at least.

For those who have seen/tried the game: how is Kuroyukihime looking so far? last time I read she was like the worst char in the game.

Basically, people had no idea how to use her color modes last loketest, and without them, she's a sub-par Asuna. Though in my opinion, even if people did use the modes, them costing a Dengeki mark (which is going to be even more difficult to recover) means that you should only use it when you can guarantee a win. Yeah, I wouldn't mind if she gets buffed a bit.

If this gets a sequel, Sega should add more of their own characters and call it Fighters Megamix 2.

I hope Akira's boss status won't exclude him from being playable. It's not his first appearance in a 2D fighter - that would be the Genesis version of Virtua Fighter 2 - but I'm very interested in seeing how his moveset will translate to this type of game.

So Xrd was boosted to Feburary. It's still rather close, but at least it's not the something of a death sentence that would be the previous dual - release :toot: .

So this game basically releases in 2 months and we still only know of 6 playable characters? That's pretty weird for a crossover game.

I did a quick Google Translate Adventures outing on some of their Twitter posts a few weeks ago and it did say they would have more information later this month. I didn't post about it here because Google Translate Adventures and the fact it didn't seem to state any kind of information other than that, but seeing as somebody asked about the lacking cast I thought I'd say something about it.

Atleast Dengki isn;t directly trying to compete with xrd. Also The have people forgotten that most New IP start off with small rooster and expand over time with either updates and sequel? Marvel and Kof both started off with small rooster and expanded.

I really wish people don't start believing in quantity= quality

AquaPazza, which is also a crossover FG, only had 10 characters in version 1. I'm confident that a small cast of characters will not be a bad omen.

AquaPazza, which is also a crossover FG, only had 10 characters in version 1. I'm confident that a small cast of characters will not be a bad omen.

True, plus it's also about the overall presentation. In the end it all falls on execution!

Loli basketball is playable, while Kino isn't? That's not gonna sit too well with some (most?) people.

This is the first character revealed that I don't recognize. Oh well, whatever.

So, how's Mikoto looking?

She looked okay in the early loketests. She's basically a solid character with good normals and reversals, the Jin to Asuna's Ragna I guess.

Loli basketball is playable, while Kino isn't? That's not gonna sit too well with some (most?) people.

No. No it doesn't. Infinite sadness ;_; .

Whatever, I still have Based Tsun Goddess I guess.

I can't complain because I love Ro-Kyu-Bu, but that's literally the last property I expected to make its way into this game, much less playable. I suppose it'll help ease the pain of not having Taiga. A little, at least.

One of my friends is probably frothing at the mouth though. His favorite character is support and his second is playable. My favorite didn't make it in ._.

I'm pretty sad about Kino being an assist character. She better have godlike action sequences.

Still want to main Biribiri, but I'll play all the other characters too. Tomoka d'awwww

With this and a March date, I think we're winding down on the end roster.

Such a shame, most of the cool ideas were just assists. They should have just scrapped the stupid assist idea entirely and made them full characters.

I don't think they have enough resources to make every single assist playable, though. Also, it's very likely that they miht add more characters after the game's release, maybe even on the game's console release.

Just give me my Horizon chars so I don't have to be so nervius about the roster's potential shortcomings.

Aside from Shizuo, Akira, and the assists, this has one of the blandest fighting game rosters I've seen in a long time. It's not just that I think that 90% of recent anime is garbage, but the characters are so incredibly boring.