Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reaVer

Throw bug?

K, so I was playing in arcade mode, and I did a throw after Bridget got back up. Normally this would be the start of the combo, but I saw by combo counter at 7 when I landed only 2 hits after the throw. Anyone else has/had this? It's in AC+ btw.

Sorry cant really understand what you typed. Are you saying you got up with Bridget and threw the opponent then landed two hits on them while they were OTG causing the hit count to be 7 hits instead of 2hits?

Bridget's 5p has a taunt afterwards. If you interrupt his 5p and combo off it, he will do the taunt the next time he returns to neutral (with a few exceptions). However, the taunt preserves the properties of whatever came before, so you can do a 4-hit combo to knockdown then after he gets up he'll taunt and you can continue the previous "combo" on the combometer. I think damage scaling is also continued. This has been known for a few games and was the foundation of the have-people-live-through-IK's glitch (eventually extended to OTG bursts). There's extra stuff with this if you knock him down and make him get up facing the wrong way (i.e. do it with a Pot Buster, or jump over him while he's down, etc). If you do that then he won't taunt, but he still has the taunt stored up so he'll do it the next time he returns to neutral without turning around. With that stored taunt, you can build stupid "combos" like Pot 5k->5s->2s->(Bridget recovers and taunts continuing the combo)->Pot Buster as hit #4->FRC etc.

I was throwing with OS, and I was throwing bridget after Bridget got up from the ground.

Like Mike Z said, Bridget with his 5P bug thing retains properties of what he was doing before he returns to a neutral state and taunts. So if you did a combo into a knockdown with OS and then threw Bridget during the taunt on his wakeup, the combo meter would not reset because of the 5P bug.

Pretty sure Final Showdown has a combo vid on youtube where he shows this glitch to do an extended combo

Guess this is as good a thread as any to throw this in. A while back, I was playing with Bridget vs. Eddie. Eddie did his Sword super and I blocked it, ran up and grabbed him out of recovery. You know how bridget throws them down, then lands on them? Well, he threw Eddie too far and missed as he landed on where Eddie was SUPPOSED to be. Eddie took no damage and stood up before Bridget, and if the CPU didn't suck I'd say he would have been able to attack me. Any ideas on how that happened?