Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JinSaotome

Zappa vs Bridget

my friend is no expert bridget, but this matchup screams all kinds of retarded D: Zappa Summons, Zappa eats a poke while Bridget runs, loses a summon. Repeat. only summon that ever seems to really help is Ghosts, which allows me to spam P toss :psyduck:

Well, I guess I should get around to this, huh? Fighting bridget is tricky. Being defensive just will not cut it in this matchup, particularly because you can cancel all of his Roger moves except for the razor just by landing a hit, blocked or not. This will help you ruin setups if your smart and fast, and while Bridget is good at running, he can't completely escape Zappa. Unsummon/Naked: -Pressure and get that summon. Look out for Starship, it's not as good as it used to be but it'll still mess you up. -Watch how he sets up and how he begins attacking. Once Bridget gets his yo-yo set, he's got many options for counterhit and pressure. -With that in mind, don't get scared by it. Keep on him and there's not much he can do. Ghosts: -These are pretty decent in this matchup, but seeing as how Bridget's very good at escaping, not the best. Will lockdown semi ok but susceptible to yo-yo. -Bridget is EXTREMELY light, so be prepared if he gets popped up into the air. -Watch out for Kickstart, it'll allow him to cross the screen pretty safely if you just throw a random P toss. Sword: -About the same level of effectiveness with the ghosts, since you have to get inside his poke ranges to do anything. -With that said, damage and air combos are pretty easy to come by because of his weight. -The speed will really help to mess up Bridget. Sword swipe will beat out Starship and KSMH, and DP will keep you safe from most of the Roger moves (assuming your within range). Dog: -Setup match :vbang: Keep your dog from getting killed by the yo-yo and you'll do great. -Usual dog setups mostly, but watch the yo-yo. You'll be severely limited to options depending on placement and attacks Bridget does. -Once you get a hit in, it's all yours pretty much... Raou: -Normal Raou play. Pressure is usually too great for Bridget to do anything, so just beat them into the ground. That's about all there is to it. I fought a really good bridget at FRXI, and didn't have too much trouble against him, aside from choking :psyduck: So, as long as you know your stuff you can do pretty well.

That's still not exactly contributing, considering that's kind of a no-brainer :psyduck:

fine, when i go against any Zappa player i'll f.s all day and let them block for hardcore zoning game

LOL You have fun with that there. :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

This is supposed to be a thread for discussing tactics. Telling someone to look out for moves that would hit a running Zappa and to run under one that most characters can crouch under anyways isn't really adding anything to the conversation.

crouching under? ... Zappa is the only character on GG that can actualy "run under" it, u just don't know how many times a Zappa player giving me hell when i accidentally shoot out random f.s, and they run under it scoring ch/throw

I got a lot of practice against Jais' Bridget this weekend. Its a rough one. I wouldn't suggest being on the offensive whatsoever in this match, due to 2p beating all of your run-ins. Razor Roger beats the dogs and ghosts cleanly, and since Buri will be in the air most of the time, the p ghost is the only effective throw. Bridget will try to disorient you by going so far up and coming down with a razor bear to stop your offense. Play very very safe, and only rush when you don't have the health advantage. The sword is probably the best in this match. 5HS stuffs a lot of options, and they won't be able to set a very useful yo-yo with you controlling that space. 2HS is a bad choice due to kickstart across the screen for easy punish.Watch out for bridget coming straight down on you, with sword, its hard to stop and its easy to bait the DP if you do try to stop it.

Sounds like he's learning how to fight Zappa's. When you see him start to 2P your reversals and rushdowns, start baiting it. As in, rushdown>FD brake spit at max range>continue rushdown. The FD brake will block any pokes he tries to use to keep you away, and if he doesn't use the pokes and just tries to 2P your spit will win. After the block or the spit, you will either have frame advantage or be on neutral frame, so you've still got the power of summon and 6P/2K to use. Razor Roger is very difficult to deal with because it hits multiple times and can absorb hits itself. It is, in my opinion, probably Bridgets best tool against Zappa. The best way to deal with this is to either keep him from doing it at all, or getting to a position where if he uses it, it'd be useless (Say he sets it up behind you, and he's in front of you on wakeup. He executes it so that it comes out just as you wake up. Depending on spacing, you can do a running jump over him and get a free j.HS counterhit, but if it's too close your best option is to jump and FD or ground FD and wait for him to attack, then DAA or summon through the attack if possible. This will break his setup and give you oki to work from.). With the ghosts, P toss is good but only if he isn't running around everywhere. HS and jump K toss will be your best friends for positioning and controling space, since either one can move around razor roger depending on where he is. Once you have one of these on the screen, you can toss a P or take what you can get off that one. With the dog, it's primarily about making sure the dog doesn't get killed by the razor roger. Keep in mind that 4D has invul, so use that to bait the player to rush down (Because anyone who sees the dog move through razor roger will immediately think it's gonna get killed), then do 6P D for an unblockable. This is also a good tactic if the roger is right on you, because it will absorb one of the hits, allowing you to 6P under it (Very rarely does roger hit low enough for you to not 6P under it) and hopefully score some free damage and knockdown. If you can get the dog behind the bridget, you will have a massive advantage, since you don't need to do anything to control the dog yourself, while bridget has to activate roger whenever he does something. In this situation, it's whoever messes up first. Agreed, the sword is strong, but beware of Bridgets pokes. Getting in with the sword can be hard if the player is smart and pokes well, and even moreso once they start locking down and getting unblockable setups in. With the sword, you have to be patient but aggressive while standing still; What I mean is, you can't move around much, so you need to make the bridget come to you. DP his pokes, Swordswipe and 5HS his KSMH and rolling idou attempts, and overall just poke very intelligently and the damage will rack up quickly.

okay, so im reading this... the bears dont work as well as you say they do because, of zappa's quick run speed...and how low to the ground zappa is when running forward, as well as his backdash...zappa can backdash yo-yo call back as well as roger rush(the punch bear), razor bear activates incredibly slow giving you enough time on reaction to just run forward...depending upon the placement zappa can actually run driectly under the razor bear if it is mid air, and not close to the ground.. The ghost, im not sure what toss and button does what....however....the toss the zappa shoots the ghost straight up in the air and it lands on your head is 6s on reaction punishable due to the fact that zappa extends his hitbox vertically giving him the height to be hit by it and on counter.I look for the zappa player to do a ghost toss upward and shoot out 6s each time...its incredibly important to try and get midair and fire them, or frc a ghost toss directly in the air...bridget can easyly fd 4 jump away from a forward throw. with the sword there's an attack where your thrusting the sword forward,a dn then you pull directly back, and catches you if you tried to attack giving zappa some orbs i think three of them....on block bridget can also 6s hit you on counter for a knockdown and oki on his part.Any other attack that you do after a sword is on counter punishable and bridget can do 2s to get this combo, the best offensive option i seen with the sword was rc'ing the thrust mive, and running up and throwing since your at an insane amount of frame advantage...dont get reckless witht he sword because bridget has good ways to dead with it. The dog can be killed easyly by bridget just 4 jumping all over the place and doing yo-yo call backs, as well as hitting zappa since he can no longer summon. roah dominates pretty much, but i got very used to blocking roah because zappas lengthens when he goes for his dust making it not too hard to block on reaction i learned never to jump because of how much tension u need to fd a dp in the air. In my opinion zappa's best tools are, vomit..his backdash...adn ability to run underneath many things including some of bridget attacks such as f.s

okay, so im reading this... the bears dont work as well as you say they do because, of zappa's quick run speed...and how low to the ground zappa is when running forward, as well as his backdash...zappa can backdash yo-yo call back as well as roger rush(the punch bear), razor bear activates incredibly slow giving you enough time on reaction to just run forward...depending upon the placement zappa can actually run driectly under the razor bear if it is mid air, and not close to the ground..

The ghost, im not sure what toss and button does what....however....the toss the zappa shoots the ghost straight up in the air and it lands on your head is 6s on reaction punishable due to the fact that zappa extends his hitbox vertically giving him the height to be hit by it and on counter.I look for the zappa player to do a ghost toss upward and shoot out 6s each time...its incredibly important to try and get midair and fire them, or frc a ghost toss directly in the air...bridget can easyly fd 4 jump away from a forward throw.

with the sword there's an attack where your thrusting the sword forward,a dn then you pull directly back, and catches you if you tried to attack giving zappa some orbs i think three of them....on block bridget can also 6s hit you on counter for a knockdown and oki on his part.Any other attack that you do after a sword is on counter punishable and bridget can do 2s to get this combo, the best offensive option i seen with the sword was rc'ing the thrust mive, and running up and throwing since your at an insane amount of frame advantage...dont get reckless witht he sword because bridget has good ways to dead with it.

The dog can be killed easyly by bridget just 4 jumping all over the place and doing yo-yo call backs, as well as hitting zappa since he can no longer summon.

roah dominates pretty much, but i got very used to blocking roah because zappas lengthens when he goes for his dust making it not too hard to block on reaction i learned never to jump because of how much tension u need to fd a dp in the air.

In my opinion zappa's best tools are, vomit..his backdash...adn ability to run underneath many things including some of bridget attacks such as f.s

The bears work if you use them right. Trust me on that. Try setting the bear lower if you find their going over Zappa when he runs, Bridget has options to hit him like that. Razor bear is your best option because, as I've stated, it continues to attack even if you block attacks from me, which means you can hit me while I'm trying to pressure you.

If any zappa is doing P ghost toss within your 6S range and isn't FRC'ing their doing it wrong. That's really just it right there. If you're jumping around to get away from the dog, expect to get mad punished by a dog uppercut or an airthrow.

The sword is good. The sword slide is always shitty no matter what matchup, but his other stuff is solid on Bridget, especially because he can use the DP to beat out 75% of all of bridgets pokes, which will always lead into a good damage combo because it's bridget.