Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TGS

Millia vs. Eddie: Oh, you were blocking that? Too bad...

def. abuse pin in this matchup when he tries to get little eddie out. that takes away his offensive game nd forces him on the def. which u can take adv. of. also watch for his 2s which will stuff ur 5sf nd 2d. look for punishes when he throws out drills. once u get knockdown u can apply mixup pressure to him. the key to this matchup is to not get hit nd pressured by him. on the defensive side if he gets the shadow out. dont go head to head bcuz his offense is greater than urs. look for an opp. to throw the pin if u hav it. if not then try to outmanuever him, but watch for nobiru. if u get caught in mawaru pressure, do ur best to block properly since millia lacks good reversals.

To add: Millia can get out of Little Eddie's K by instant blocking the first hit and backdashing. you can also back dash it or jump it if Eddie gatlings into it.

i remember that, i played my friends eddie a while back in the summer nd he drunkard shaded my force break disc when i mistimed it xP

I need some help with this mu, mainly with how i should approach the neutral game and starting an offense.

Here's a fairly recent set between me and a friend, feel free to point out anything (not just mu-specific stuff).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ioxw_4TV0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=3P1ukFbIC2o

Sorry for the belated reply, I haven't checked these subforums in a long time...

Anyway, I think you played decently. Just need to tighten up execution a bit and learn more matchup specific stuff. For example, there were several instances where president had clearly messed up a puddle unblockable setup, but you got hit by it anyway. It will take some time to be able to spot what a correct UB setup looks like. When the setup is done correctly, you have to block high and then switch to low block in 1 frame, which is pretty much impossible to do consistently. When it's not done correctly and Eddie is flying too high or too low, then you can just block low.

Also remember that you can delay cancel j.s. This also applies to airdash cancelling it too. I noticed in some instances, you would airdash cancel j.s in pressure, but you would do it extremely early so that the airdash would overshoot, allowing your opponent to just throw you when you landed behind them. In general, when you make your opponent block a fairly high j.s, delay the airdash cancel so that you don't overshoot.

Last thing I can think of is pin usage. A lot of times you would use pin at really awkward moments, where even if the pin hit it wouldn't give much of a benefit. It's a bit general, but it's hard to give concrete advice on something like this.

Hey thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Thanks for the the tip with the late canceling, will try that out next time. I also noticed about myself that I always do j.s ad j.k-p-k with the same timing everytime because I'm afraid of getting thrown, effectively giving up mixup opportunities.

Guess you're also right about pin usage. I still find it pretty hard to utilize it to its fullest potential. It's easy with something like iad pin, then go on from there, but it gets really paragraphed quickly and people start to dodge that easily.

I also got in the habit of using it defensively a lot (like jump back pin to stop ground dashes), but that always leaves me in a pretty bad spot because I can't get knockdown and can't get it back easily. I guess that's one of those "awkward situations" you mentioned ^^'''