Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CP] Nu vs Bang

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs His Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

His Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

His Defense:

Frame Data: Advantageous, Disadvantageous, and Punishable Moves

Neutral/Advantageous Moves:

Disadvantageous Moves:

Punishable Moves:

Gimmicks and Resets

Match Summary

does anyone know how this matchup is like since I'm having a lot of troubles dealing with bang and don't know what I should and shouldn't do for this matchup

Our luna form's drive swords pierce his D nail pressure now so we've got that going for us, which is nice.

2C is harder to use to punish teleports behind us now though.

Bang's super where he runs forward and carries you into the corner seems to let him run through 236236D unharmed. I'll do some testing later to see, but I'm not happy about this if it's true.

Im still having problems with this matchup since my friend mains bang and his pressure is too much for my nu where I can barely do much but once I get him to a corner its sometimes game cause bang cant do much against nu in a corner unless he goes furinkazan or mash a distortion out

also even though luna beats bangs nails he will still have enough time to dash in and land a hit to counter and even worse case scewnerio is if theirs a bumper near him when he nail pressures

and I dont have much issues with dealing with Bangs teleports especially when I would have 50 extra heat to rapid with if he tries it during Nu's C moves

Also one thing for this matchup is at start I would play defensivly and block low because getting hit by bangs 3C fatal will make him land 3.5K at the start and make you end up in the corner

Bang's super where he runs forward and carries you into the corner seems to let him run through 236236D unharmed. I'll do some testing later to see, but I'm not happy about this if it's true.

That is true if you are not far enough away. If it is full screen, he should be hit. You should definitely find the exact range of it so you will know never to throw out a 236236D at that range outside of a combo.

Im still having problems with this matchup since my friend mains bang and his pressure is too much for my nu where I can barely do much but once I get him to a corner its sometimes game cause bang cant do much against nu in a corner unless he goes furinkazan or mash a distortion out

also even though luna beats bangs nails he will still have enough time to dash in and land a hit to counter and even worse case scewnerio is if theirs a bumper near him when he nail pressures

and I dont have much issues with dealing with Bangs teleports especially when I would have 50 extra heat to rapid with if he tries it during Nu's C moves

If you are using Luna drive to go through the nails, you should be aiming for your drive to actually hit Bang so he has to block and prevent him from getting in for free. And Bang should be able to just IB and wait for his time to 5A out since Nu's pressure isn't that great.

It's always done that. You are talking about the FRKZ one, yes? If you have burst, you can OD through it. That's pretty much your only option. If he gets all four seals, you're going to have to be VERY cautious about going airborne.

I'll use this post to describe in CPE why this matchup is shit and theres almost nothing nu can do. I've played both sides of this matchup constantly. 

Normals: If you are close enough to use normals, that means you probably have already gotten a combo once, or the bang isn't that good, or really impatient.

Drives: You have to be ready to act parser at any point if you see one get guardpointed. The most obvious point to be guardpointed is a 4DD>5D gatling or a 4DD>Sickle

You shouldn't be catching a good bang player on hit or block with air drives or a 6D or 2D except at the start. If you get a hit, cool, but if its blocked, bang can j.D between different drives on IB. Be ready to act parser. This unfortunately only puts you in neutral, you gain no advantage from this.

Now for specials.

First of all, bang can punish sickle on REACTION with 6D>teleport>Counterhit>4 seals combo. You can't use it in mixup because you can't gravity cancel it on block/guardpoint.

Spike chaser can be used to force him to jump, guardpoint, or block. You can use this to bait guardpoints and grab him out of them or force him to block for a quick mixup or jump. 

The best thing [D] or DC sickles can be used for is to bait mashed drive guardpoints but if the bang player is reacting to your 5Ds and sickles, its not a great option because you get punished hard with a bang 6D counterhit.

Gravity should always be held since you use it to act parser away (gravity>act parser) when he tries to approach you. The most important tool in this matchup.

On the bang side:

look for a 4DD>5D gatling. Buffer your 6D to guardpoint the 5D when its travelled about one third the screen. Don't mash drive, you'll get rekt, Look for the 5D to guardpoint. While nu can act parser away to avoid a C teleport, you can do an A teleport instead to bait that. 6D counter is 4 seals midscreen.

236D, DC, and [D]: Look at nu for the visual cue for this attack. a frame 1 guardpoint 236DC where it appears right on you will still guardpoint the other two types of sickles (Should probably still avoid guardpointing [D] version) so you only need to learn the timing for this. If you are closer and nu does reverse sickle, she can block in time. Charge sickle at further away can also have nu blocking 6D after so you can just TK D Nails then IAD for a punish here, or TK A nail to poison her.

214D series: One of nu's best options in this match. You can throw an A nail to cancel it out otherwise you limit your options. I suggest always budgeting 4-5 nails per match just for this. If you see the animation, you can iad poison nail>3C to get a free fatal. But its not always a punish situation. 

Gravity: Not much you can do here. You should just watch for moves to guardpoint and teleport. There are some you can react to. Block otherwise.

Supra: Frame 1 or 2 head invul now. Can be used as a dp vs antiairs and is just as unsafe on block. Just be careful of this if you want to play impatient. Can also be used to OS j.4B crossups with the nu inputting 421ABC Just don't use that crossup too much.

Key situations:

Nu oki does not work on bang at all other than an OD setup which is generally once per match but the OD is usually saved as a burst or unblockable setup. You can neutral tech her j.214[D] air oki and it will completely whiff leaving her free to be punished. Spike chaser oki can be used to bait drives and you can get grabbed out of them so if you want to guardpoint those be sure to switch up your teleport buttons sometimes. The nu will have a 1/3 chance of punishing based on distance and you can vary your timing too.

Off of your first and next 2-3 knockdowns or throws, SET UP YOUR TK BUMPERS!

They are the god in this match because you, unlike other characters, don't have to commit to any movement. Like. "I'll just IAD. Oh look theres a 6D, nvm i'll go to the ground instead and just 3C her" or "Oh hey theres a 5D. JUMP BUMPERDASH free j.B" so long as you aren't randomly throwing moves out you can react to those drives and use bumpers to make them miss and then punish.

j.214A, B, and D are for use midscreen, use j214C for the corner oki bumper. 

You don't even have to mix nu up since if she tries to attack you there are points where you can do unavoidable punishes. All you need to do is land 2K+ damage, block all drives (Nu caps out at ~2000 damage chip per match if the max possible attacks thrown out are blocked and you haven't used barrier), hold 50 heat to counter assault the unblockable, and thats game. 

On netplay obviously nu mixup is way stronger but offline its way reactable.

Also that cmnd grab super can be used on reaction to any thrown drive.

Online losing with bang is forgivable in this matchup but if you lose offline as bang against nu, you have no excuses at all. (except maybe execution errors because that happens every now and then)